Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Dragon Age III: Inquisition

nquisition aims to be BioWare's biggest Dragon Age yet, with "bigger" customization than Dragon Age: Origins, including options for your followers. Laidlaw confirmed on the panel that players will gain control of an entire castle, as seen in the initial concept art revealing the new visual direction for Dragon Age III. The BioWare panel also reminded attendees that series writer David Gaider will return to pen Inquisition, and that one level of Dragon Age III exceeds the size of all of Dragon Age II's stages. BioWare is currently investigating new ways to carry choices from past games into Dragon Age III without directly transferring save data, too.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...on-huge-levels

vCash
    After the absolute steamy pile of feces Dragon Age 2 was I'll reserve judgment until I see some actual gameplay

vCash
    Yeah, I'll pass regardless after playing DA:II. Major lack of interest after that game. It was fun at first, then I was like ''nope, this game is awful''.

vCash
    I really did like Origins.

It's depends how similar this game is to it.

vCash
    How are these games? I've been kind of getting into RPGs due to having an insane amount of time on my hands these days.. Definitely looking to expand my library on ps3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    How are these games? I've been kind of getting into RPGs due to having an insane amount of time on my hands these days.. Definitely looking to expand my library on ps3.
    Dragon Age Origins 9\10. This was my first ever rpg game and it great!!! Ive been playing alot of diff RPG games for a few months but this game rocks.
    Its 18 bucks for game and all dlc
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Play The Witcher 2 if you're dead set on a wRPG and not a jRPG. It has the type of combat I think you'd like and it's a very open-ended game.

It's worth it though to try some older RPG's like Shadow Hearts or Xenogears.

I think you'd like Shadow Hearts as it's more mature themed and does have challenging gameplay. If your ps3 is backwards compatible like mine it's easy.

To be honest it's hard to find great RPG's these days. Most prioritize graphics and it degrades gameplay quality and plot. WRPG's are, to me, a stale genre that really dont bring anything new to the table. Every game has the same setting and plot themes.

Skyrim is an example. Great concepts but it is just not fleshed out because of how costly is it to make big games like that using modern technology/gfx. PS2 was the golden age for RPGs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    Play The Witcher 2 if you're dead set on a wRPG and not a jRPG. It has the type of combat I think you'd like and it's a very open-ended game.

I think you'd like Shadow Hearts as it's more mature themed and does have challenging gameplay. If your ps3 is backwards compatible like mine it's easy.

To be honest it's hard to find great RPG's these days. Most prioritize graphics and it degrades gameplay quality and plot. WRPG's are, to me, a stale genre that really dont bring anything new to the table. Every game has the same setting and plot themes.

Skyrim is an example. Great concepts but it is just not fleshed out because of how costly is it to make big games like that using modern technology/gfx. PS2 was the golden age for RPGs.
    For me it's the other way around, I just can't get into jRPG's. They do nearly nothing for me, the characters are mostly horrid, the Art design doesn't know when enough is enough. Can't really get into the games because of that.

I agree that WRPG's are in a difficult place at the moment and many titles are very similar. But there is range in Setting and Gameplay (Fallout, DA, ME). I just think big budget titles need to make to many concessions to the mass market, but this is an issue with most genres.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post

Brilliant. I'll look for Shadow Hearts and Xenogears next time i'm at gamestop. If they don't have them should be pretty easy to find online. Thanks, dude.

vCash
    Brilliant. I'll look for Shadow Hearts and Xenogears next time i'm at gamestop. If they don't have them should be pretty easy to find online. Thanks, dude.
    Npnp, Xenogears is an old ps1 game so online is your best bet for that. Shadowshearts is still around some places just avoid getting the 3rd one. That one is trash and doesnt follow the main story.

vCash
    I just found out Xenogears is on psn!!

Looks like i'm all set..

vCash
    I thought Origins was really good, and i pretty much hate everything lol. Ive never been interested in the whole fantasy/dragons/magic type rpg games but i tried this anyway out of desperation cause i heard there were some parts where you can make decisions and stuff and i was pleasantly surprised! It took a little while to get into the combat having never played anything like this, but its a good buy. Im always more into stuff like conversations and relationships with characters anyway and theres a ton of that.

For what its worth, i then tried Skyrim and just couldnt get into it. I dont think i played for more than a couple hours but im a first impressions guy...just didnt work for me.
    Last edited by Jack_Gordon; 10-23-2012 at 09:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Gordon View Post
    I thought Origins was really good, and i pretty much hate everything lol. Ive never been interested in the whole fantasy/dragons/magic type rpg games but i tried this anyway out of desperation cause i heard there were some parts where you can make decisions and stuff and i was pleasantly surprised! It took a little while to get into the combat having never played anything like this, but its a good buy. Im always more into stuff like conversations and relationships with characters anyway and theres a ton of that.

For what its worth, i then tried Skyrim and just couldnt get into it. I dont think i played for more than a couple hours but im a first impressions guy...just didnt work for me.
    I'll check this out! its probably cheap at this point.

I had Skyrim, played it for no more than 3 hours, and traded it in. Couldn't get into it either. I love the Fallout games for the atmosphere more than the gameplay or rpg elements. Not big into Fantasy either, but i'm open to trying anything thats good.

btw did you ever end up playing Silent Hill 2? Gotta get on that brada.

vCash
    Gotta start posting in the Computers, Video Games & Tech Support more often. It's my freaking passion what am i doing? lol

Anyway, as I'm sure I'm not in the minority, I hope for Dragon Age III to be more like Origins then II. I also hope for less Hawke and more Gray Wardens. Having a fantasy commander Shepard alone kind of threw the game off.

Also if the game doesn't make this skit as a easter egg or reference, I will be very disappointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt0Y39eMvpI

vCash
    Played the hell out of Dragon Age Origins so naturally I was pretty excited for #2 to come out. I thought it was awesome until I started talking about it with my buddy and we both realized at the same time they would re-use the same dungeons over and over again and just add random boundaries to make them seem "different." After that I couldn't enjoy the game whatsoever, but I had already invested so much time into it I went ahead and beat it anyways. The only saving grace of #2 is that the final battle is pretty awesome, other than that it's just a repetitive piece of garbage. If the third one is similar to #1 I'm sure Ill love it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast