Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

vCash

Deep passing through 6 games

I went through some of the numbers to see how they were progressing on passes of 15 yards or more:
    FALCONS DEEP PASSING (15+ yds)

DEEP LEFT: 8/22 for 238 – 29.8 Yards/Completion, 10.8 Yards/Attempt

DEEP MIDDLE: 6/10 for 127 -- 21.2 Yards/Completion, 12.7 Yards/Attempt

DEEP RIGHT: 5/8 for 127 – 25.4 Yards/Completion, 15.9 Yards/Attempt
    For targeting Julio and Roddy, specifically:

RYAN to JONES: Deep Left 4-13, Deep Middle 2-5, Deep Right 1-2
    RYAN to WHITE: Deep Left 4-7, Deep Middle 1-1, Deep Right 3-4
    Last edited by Bravo95; 10-22-2012 at 12:06 PM.

vCash
    Interesting how often we miss with Julio. I wonder how many of those are throwing it where the other team can't get it and how many are true misses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    Interesting how often we miss with Julio. I wonder how many of those are throwing it where the other team can't get it and how many are true misses.
    A lot of those are drops, and deflected passes.

vCash
    True, Julio is dropsy.

vCash
    Those throws to the left are likely vs the lesser CBs, too.

vCash
    Yea Julio has everything you can ask for in a WR, but it seems he doesnt have the concentration and confidence he needs at the moment. Its starting to kind of remind of Braylon Edwards. Im sure Julio will get in that comfort zone soon though. The guy is young, hard worker, and he has a great WR on side of him to show him a thing or 2. Thats not even speaking on TG, the greatest TE of all time. And no i dont think he will be a Braylon Edwards type. He is already better besides that 1 year he dominated with Derek Anderson throwing the ball.
    Last edited by dee279; 10-23-2012 at 10:34 AM.

vCash
    It actually reminds me of T.O. because it seemed like most of Owens' drops were on deep passes no matter if it was tight coverage or not. As great as he was, TO wasn't the reliable downfield threat that he could have been. I always thought he had those concentration issues you're talking about, but on screens and short stuff over the middle he was a beast. Julio's early career is going the way I kinda figured it would.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 10-23-2012 at 01:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    It actually reminds me of T.O. because it seemed like most of Owens' drops were on deep passes no matter if it was tight coverage or not. As great as he was, TO wasn't the reliable downfield threat that he could have been. I always thought he had those concentration issues you're talking about, but on screens and short stuff over the middle he was a beast. Julio's early career is going the way I kinda figured it would.
    Thats a better comparison actually. Didnt think bout him.

vCash
    The box scores from my usual sites are kinda screwed up from this game, listing every as "short middle/left/right" even when it's not -- but we saw Ryan hit Davis on for a 15-yard TD ("deep" by their definition) on the right side, and later Jones caught the 63-yard pass down the left side. The only deep miss I can recall was Jones drawing the interference flag on DRC down near the right sideline where JJ basically got clotheslined, so that doesn't really count.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 10-30-2012 at 12:35 AM.