Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

It's only weird if it doesn't work...

OK, so those NFL commercials made me laugh because of course... we have a "routine" for game day here.

1) Get up in the mornings, drink from our 49ers coffee cups.
    2) Wear 49er gear during non-game time (normally for me it's a t-shirt, the wife might be a shirt or her sweats).
    3) Right before game time put up the 49er flag (new for this season).
    4) Right before game time put on our jersey's - For this year, apparently I have to wear Vernon's - the two times I wore Willis was the Vike's & the Giants (Sorry guys, apparently those two games are on me), the wife can wear either her Alex or Gore doesn't seem to matter (the advantage of having boobs?).
    5) Take down the 49er flag BEFORE the next game.

So.... that's our game day routine, so besides noticing while typing this I have apparently spent WAY too much money on 49er gear , not too weird (I think).

What do you guys do?
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    OK, so those NFL commercials made me laugh because of course... we have a "routine" for game day here.

1) Get up in the mornings, drink from our 49ers coffee cups.
    2) Wear 49er gear during non-game time (normally for me it's a t-shirt, the wife might be a shirt or her sweats).
    3) Right before game time put up the 49er flag (new for this season).
    4) Right before game time put on our jersey's - For this year, apparently I have to wear Vernon's - the two times I wore Willis was the Vike's & the Giants (Sorry guys, apparently those two games are on me), the wife can wear either her Alex or Gore doesn't seem to matter (the advantage of having boobs?).
    5) Take down the 49er flag BEFORE the next game.

So.... that's our game day routine, so besides noticing while typing this I have apparently spent WAY too much money on 49er gear , not too weird (I think).

What do you guys do?
    You're a freak

I'm just superstitious about wearing a jersey. I try to wear one most games, and if I'm not I'll put one on to try to "turn things around". And I'll take it off at halftime if they're doing bad when I'm wearing one. I had to turn it down a notch a few years ago because I had too many. I'd go crazy if I kept it up. Back in the day my cousin swore that females were bad luck. A girl would come in, opponent would score, and he would just glare at her/them. It went away during our down years because I think he realized that no superstition would save our talentless team. That's when mine went away too.

I do remember my step mom being very bad luck a couple years ago. Bshe only came over a couple games, but we lost both. She also just came by a couple times for just a few minutes and we gave up tds on kick returns on both. It seriously was eerie. She'd poke her head in, boom! Touchdown.

vCash
    I do nothing superstitious, and I made my own 9ers shirts for me and my family - which came out awesome btw.

I'm not one of those guys that change the channel or leave the room because I feel the team is losing for the sole purpose that I'm watching.

I do, however, do a lot yelling at the TV when we get dominated for completely throwing out our winning formula.
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    Kind of off topic, but my giants boxers are 5-0 this postseason. They have been worn every elimination game, and are being worn today as well.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    I'm just superstitious about wearing a jersey. I try to wear one most games, and if I'm not I'll put one on to try to "turn things around". And I'll take it off at halftime if they're doing bad when I'm wearing one.
    This is me too. Although sometimes I think it's more luck if I don't wear one. Also, I don't wait until halftime to take it off. If they start sucking, it comes off.

My youngest boy is ALWAYS wearing one of his many jerseys. So don't think his applies. He wears one almost every day of the week, so can't keep it straight.

vCash
    I may wear my Willis jersey all but game day, otherwise it has to be my Gore or just a Niners tshirt. If I wear the Willis on game day, we lose about 3 out of 4 times, including Vikes/Giants this year and the NFCC game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    You're a freak
    There are many documented incidents that back up your theory.

vCash
    Always wear a 49er jersey... usually its either Willis, Davis, or Iupati. I actually think the Iupati jersey is undefeated. The only other superstition I have is no eating or drinking anything during a fourth down play. It deserves 100% attention, so put down your glass or your slice of pizza and pay attention!
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    My ritual whenever I go to the game, get out the car and throw on my Alex Smith jersey to troll all the haters. Yes, there are many Alex Smith haters at the Stick every sunday, so I like to wear #11 just to troll them. It's never a weekly ritual until I get criticized my 49er fanhood because I was "wearing that piece of **** #11 jersey" Happens every time

I want to get a Kyle Williams jersey for the same reason. Saw a fan walk right by my seats last Thursday with a Kyle Williams jersey. I want one.
    Last edited by tapajafri; 10-23-2012 at 01:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    I want to get a Kyle Williams jersey for the same reason. Saw a fan walk right by my seats last Thursday with a Kyle Williams jersey. I want one.
    I'm a big fan of Kyle Williams. Had 1 bad game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I'm a big fan of Kyle Williams. Had 1 bad game.
    Right. Same here. And in that 1 bad game, he had two really good returns that obviously got overshadowed by the mistakes. Yeah, fans still boo Kyle Williams at the games too, not just A. Smith. Guess that's why at every game, if there's a fan of the other team sitting near me, they always leave the game saying "i thought the 49ers had classy fans and usually supported their players despite mistakes...times sure do change."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Kind of off topic, but my giants boxers are 5-0 this postseason. They have been worn every elimination game, and are being worn today as well.
    You need to wear those bad boys against Verlander.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    Yea, some of the 49ers new "fans" are... well we're better off with out them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    You need to wear those bad boys against Verlander.
    Don't you worry. My only concern is that they are only magical when it's an elimination game.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Don't you worry. My only concern is that they are only magical when it's an elimination game.
    DO they still work when its an elimination game for the other team?

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast