vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    Here is what the Lakers rotation should look like

Nash Blake
    Kobe Meeks
    Jamison MWP
    Hill Sacre
    Dwight Pau

I see Pau being the focal point of the 2nd unit and dominating their reserve big men. He can pass out of the post really well to all the 3pt snipers.

Lakers problem is fixed - fire Mike Brown hire me
    I like the idea of Pau coming off the bench (though don't it happens). I think when Nash is out Pau should be in, so there is someone that can pass on the floor at all times. The game finishes with Nash Kobe Pau and Dwight though, and probably MWP.

It was great seeing Dwight out there, just looks better than Bynum (who normally put up number, but didn't look elite doing it), but I am very afraid of the depth. I think we become a very average team if we lose any of our top 4. And If we lose anyone in our top 7 we can't win it all.
    OKC drops way off if they lose any of the top 3, but they are all young, and they can lose their 5th best without a major drop. Miami can still be extremely good if they lose anyone other than Lebron.

This is the best team they could of put together though. Hopefully Meeks and Ebanks have strong years, and Jamison doesn't become a disappointment. I am hopefully that Hill will be a great 6 man. This team is built for the playoffs, might not be a 60 win team, but doesn't have to be.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersKB24 View Post
    First of all this is preseason, Dwight played his first game after 5 months (and did really well), it was the first time the starting 5 played together. It will still take them time to gel. Jamison will come along, I'm not worried at all. Nash will probably play a lot with the second unit too so that will lead to easier looks for Jamison, Meeks and Hill.

Also putting Hill on the court together with Dwight would lead to less space in the paint for Dwight. At least Pau can spread the floor a little and help set up Howard. I wouldn't touch the starting 5. 1 or 2 of the starters will be on the court most of the time anyways.

Relax guys, we're fine. Yes, the D is not quite there yet, but say what you want about Mike Brown, I trust him in that area.
    Also athleticism isn't everything. Just ask the '11 Heat how that worked out against the Mavs...
    I appreciate the thoughtful response

However, I disagree that Pau is better with the first unit.

Why would you want to make Pau - one of the best post scorers in the NBA - possibly the best - making jump shots????

He also happens to be a great passer as well.

If you want a shooter out there then throw in Jamison instead of Hill

Nash, Kobe, MWP, Jamison, Dwight

The point is that there is no punch off the bench and it needs to change

vCash
    Some things to consider:

Brand new team, brand new offense requires time and play to gel. Losing in the pre season is great because its irrelevant and we can learn the same lessons we would in the regular season.

Transition d is a lot better with Dwight out on the floor, Steve Nash is still finding the flow of the offense and figuring out all the little nuisances of it. Once he figures it out it will be a lot better visually then it is now.

The bench needs to be better then it was last season, but just remember we had the worst bench and lost to OKC two of those games due to turnovers. We really don't need them to be a WHOLE LOT better, just not the worst in the NBA.

We need to have less turnovers and we will be fine. Limiting transition offense is all about limiting misses which Dwight will help with in terms of put backs, and preventing turn overs which will require time to adjust and understand the new offense. The reason we are turning it over is because of lack of experience in the offense and misreads. After 9 pre season games I'm sure that we will be more careful and execute at a higher level then what you are seeing now.

IT'S PRE SEASON. Losing means we fix our problems NOW. If you win, you might overlook your problems so this could be a great blessing even though we as fans hate losing anything. Relax and enjoy the ride. Dwight already looked monsterus in the last game.

vCash
    Athlethicism? Seriously?

A rehabbing howard is 2x faster than a healthy bynum.

An old nash is 2x as fast as a prime fisher.

New artest is faster than body builder artest last year.

We just need to focus on not turning the ball over much on offense, (added nash for that) and dont give up easy rebounds (addwd d12 for that) then we should be okay in losing a few transition buckets here n there.

Oh and lastly whats up with all you noobs complaining about the bench? We are a playoff team, benches are shortened in the playoffs and the players get rest. This isnt the denver nuggets kids.
    Last edited by Storch; 10-22-2012 at 10:40 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    Athlethicism? Seriously?

A rehabbing howard is 2x faster than a healthy bynum.

An old nash is 2x as fast as a prime fisher.

New artest is faster than body builder artest last year.
    We just need to focus on not turning the ball over much on offense, and dont give up easy rebounds then we should be okay in losing a few transition buckets here n there.
    Yes, Seriously.

Id say the biggest reason that the Lakers went b2b was the 'Bench Mob'

They were a group of young, hungry, and athletic players that came in and sometimes extended leads.

You cant expect the aging kobe, nash, pau to carry this team the entire year and be rested enough to carry them through the finals. Not to mention uninjured

Not gonna happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Makakiluminati View Post
    Some things to consider:

Brand new team, brand new offense requires time and play to gel. Losing in the pre season is great because its irrelevant and we can learn the same lessons we would in the regular season.

Transition d is a lot better with Dwight out on the floor, Steve Nash is still finding the flow of the offense and figuring out all the little nuisances of it. Once he figures it out it will be a lot better visually then it is now.

The bench needs to be better then it was last season, but just remember we had the worst bench and lost to OKC two of those games due to turnovers. We really don't need them to be a WHOLE LOT better, just not the worst in the NBA.

We need to have less turnovers and we will be fine. Limiting transition offense is all about limiting misses which Dwight will help with in terms of put backs, and preventing turn overs which will require time to adjust and understand the new offense. The reason we are turning it over is because of lack of experience in the offense and misreads. After 9 pre season games I'm sure that we will be more careful and execute at a higher level then what you are seeing now.

IT'S PRE SEASON. Losing means we fix our problems NOW. If you win, you might overlook your problems so this could be a great blessing even though we as fans hate losing anything. Relax and enjoy the ride. Dwight already looked monsterus in the last game.
    I've considered all of those things.

This is a good team but not a championship team - not if Mike Brown gives up leads every night to the 2nd unit and Pau, Kobe, Dwight, and Nash have to share the ball - not enough touches to go around

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    Yes, Seriously.

Id say the biggest reason that the Lakers went b2b was the 'Bench Mob'

They were a group of young, hungry, and athletic players that came in and sometimes extended leads.

You cant expect the aging kobe, nash, pau to carry this team the entire year and be rested enough to carry them through the finals. Not to mention uninjured

Not gonna happen
    Sig bet.

vCash
    Sig bet.
    any day.

vCash
    your stupid...the clear hole on this team is the bench who got outscored 57-18 do the math tho the startes outscored sac 74-42. mike brown had all 5 starters on the bench at multiple points in the game but to say this team would only last 5 against okc is borderline insanity. they went 5 or 6 last year with pau on his period and sessions looked like eminem when he got stage fright and choked in 8 mile...d12 blocked 4 shots altered like another 5 or 6 and had 12 rebounds IN HIS 1ST GAME!!!!! how can you possibly make dumb statements like that...lakers are alright by the all star break i guarantee you there 1 or 2 in the west and by the end of the year theyll be number 1 cohesion is so key in basketball with 2 new stars a new offense and a new identity....sit back and enjoy the ride

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmac124 View Post
    your stupid...the clear hole on this team is the bench who got outscored 57-18 do the math tho the startes outscored sac 74-42. mike brown had all 5 starters on the bench at multiple points in the game but to say this team would only last 5 against okc is borderline insanity. they went 5 or 6 last year with pau on his period and sessions looked like eminem when he got stage fright and choked in 8 mile...d12 blocked 4 shots altered like another 5 or 6 and had 12 rebounds IN HIS 1ST GAME!!!!! how can you possibly make dumb statements like that...lakers are alright by the all star break i guarantee you there 1 or 2 in the west and by the end of the year theyll be number 1 cohesion is so key in basketball with 2 new stars a new offense and a new identity....sit back and enjoy the ride
    OKC is getting better each year with experience and Kobe, Pau, and Nash are getting worse.

Thats the difference

vCash
    That's PJ for you, guys. He used to do this in the Dodger forum all the time.

Be careful not to say anything he can skew or he'll take the argument to the main forum trying to convince everyone that you said James Loney is better than Prince Fielder.

In the manipulated words of a well-known cattle drive ditty,
    "trollin, trollin, trollin, JP just keeps trollin, Rawhiiiide."
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    Ok sigbet is lakers will last longer than 5 games vs okc or beat them. Loser will wear a sig of the winner's choosing for the entire off season. Failure to comply will get a thread of mockery.

So who else wants in on this ?

vCash

Sig Bets !!!

vCash
    Ok sigbet is lakers will last longer than 5 games vs okc or beat them. Loser will wear a sig of the winner's choosing for the entire off season. Failure to comply will get a thread of mockery.

So who else wants in on this ?
    deal kid. dont wuss out

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast