Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    14th. My bad.

Pacquiao vs Marquez is probably going to be a FOTY candidate.

vCash
    I thought this was cool:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/1...ture-of-boxing

LaMotta...

Alexandre Choko: What do you think about Mixed Martial Arts?

JLM: "That's overdone. It looks disgusting".
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    14th. My bad.

Pacquiao vs Marquez is probably going to be a FOTY candidate.
    Yeah you know, I was just reading The Ring online right now, and
    they have this poll of what fight people want to see in 2013.
    JMMPAC is the top of the list at 28%. "Give the people what
    they want", I guess. *smh*
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    I thought this was cool:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/1...ture-of-boxing

LaMotta...

Alexandre Choko: What do you think about Mixed Martial Arts?

JLM: "That's overdone. It looks disgusting".
    Lol, good ole lamotta.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

vCash
    I thought this was actually a pretty cool interview. Phil Anselmo from Panetera (Down, and other bands too,) interviewing Fitty for BoxingInsider.

http://www.boxinginsider.com/columns...views-50-cent/
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Ronnie rios Vs Rico Ramos on shobox tomorrow, that's a pretty damn good fight, perfect for shobox.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Ronnie rios Vs Rico Ramos on shobox tomorrow, that's a pretty damn good fight, perfect for shobox.
    Also, anybody who usually doesn't get to see SHowtime fights... I believe this is the weekend that Showtime is having a free preview, so you'll be able to catch it.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    WBC: Danny Garcia-Lucas Matthysse To Be Ordered
    The World Boxing Council has advised BoxingScene.com that a mandatory fight between junior welterweights Danny Garcia (25-0, 16KOs) and Lucas Matthysse (32-2, 30KOs) will be ordered in the coming weeks - provided both boxers win their upcoming fights.

Matthysse is scheduled to defend his WBC interim-junior welterweight belt at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas on Saturday, January 26, against challenger Mike Dallas Jr. Meanwhile, Garcia will defend his WBC full title, and the WBA belt, against former champion Zab Judah on Saturday, February 9 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

vCash
    "Ronny Rios beats Rico Ramos". Say THAT ten times fast!
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    If y'all want to see somethin' cool, go to ebay and put this in the search:

"HUGE VINTAGE THE RING MAGAZINE COLLECTION 1954 ON UP BOXING BULK LOT MUST SEE NR"

It's not mine and I don't have anything to do with it, I just thought it
    is an amazingly cool collection to see. I'm guessing this thing could go
    up over $400. It's certainly worth it! What a beautiful collection!!!
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Hahahahahahaha on boxingscene it says that Bute decided not to purse a rematch with Froch anymore. Hahahahahahaha what a bum he's gonna fight more no names instead.
    The Autumn Wind is a Raider

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable650 View Post
    Hahahahahahaha on boxingscene it says that Bute decided not to purse a rematch with Froch anymore. Hahahahahahaha what a bum he's gonna fight more no names instead.
    Smart choice, froch completely and utterly destroyed him. Walked through him with no respect. I expected froch to win, but thst was a slaughter.

vCash
    Marquez to Keep on Fighting, Chavez Jr's "Miserable" Offer, More Mexican Boxing News

COMMENTARY | According to various sources, Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40 KOs) has decided to continue with his career and have at least two fights in 2013.
    The decision to keep fighting was an expected move, considering that two fights with a probable cumulative worth of well over $10 million are already on the table for the Mexican star.

Rumors have been circulating about a proposed April date for Marquez and, most recently, 23-year-old Jessie Vargas (21-0, 9 KOs) has been mentioned as a leading candidate for the big-ticket tune-up. It still remains to be seen, however, whether Marquez will share the bill on a split-site pay-per-view with Manny Pacquiao, as rumored, or whether the future hall of famer will be featured in his own stand-alone date.
    Marquez, who will be 40 in August, would then move on to a fifth bout with arch-rival, Pacquiao.

-- Former WBC middleweight titlist, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32 KOs), reportedly reached out to Hall of Fame trainer, Ignacio "Nacho" Beristain to help him get back on track after his loss to Sergio Martinez last September.

By his public response, though, Beristain, who currently trains Juan Manuel Marquez and has had a hand in the careers of several high-profile Mexican fighters, seems more insulted by the offer than tempted by the possibility.

"I Charge to train, we have spoken about an offer, I can't speak about the money, but I can say it was a miserable offer," Beristain told Fox Sports Latino.

Trainer, Robert Garcia, has also confirmed that he has been contacted by Chavez Jr. and appears much closer to accepting the offer, saying that he is just "one phone call away" from closing the deal.

-- British promoter, Frank Warren, has announced that his fighter, WBO lightweight titlist, Ricky Burns (35-2, 10 KOs), will face IBF lightweight champ, Miguel Vazquez (33-3, 13 KOs) on a March 16 show at the Wembley Arena in London.

Vazquez, a native of Guadalajara, Jalisco with five defenses under his belt, has spent the last couple of months calling out WBC 135 lb. champ, Adrien Broner, but seems ready to take this somewhat lateral move first.
    By all accounts, the winner of Burns-Vazquez would then move on to a Broner bout, but that remains to be seen in the case of a Burns win.

-- A bout featuring two of Mexico's most distinguished lighter-weight fighters is close to being a done deal as Edgar Sosa vs. Ulises Solis has been tentatively set for a March 9 date.

Sosa (47-7, 28 KOs) was a long-reigning WBC junior flyweight titlist and is currently the WBC's silver flyweight champion. Solis (35-2-3, 22 KOs) was also a long-reigning junior flyweight champ with two reigns as IBF titlist. This will be Solis' second fight since returning from a 15-month layoff due to injuries reportedly sustained in a street fight with Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.

-- A purse bid is planned for the right to promote a WBC junior featherweight title bout between defending champ, Abner Mares and Victor Terrazas.

Mares (25-0-1, 13 KOs) has said time and time again that he'd like to face either Nonito Donaire or Guillermo Rigondeaux in title unification bouts. However, seeing that Mares is promoted by Golden Boy and both Donaire and Rigondeaux are with promotional rival, Top Rank, the likelihood of either fight happening is slim.

Terrazas (36-2-1, 21 KOs), a 29-year-old from Guadalajara, is a solid enough fighter and certainly fits into the "best of the rest" category in the 122 lb. division. His career highlights so far feature a unanimous decision win over Fernando Montiel in 2011 and a split decision over Nehomar Cermeno earlier that same year.

-- Former two-time middleweight title challenger, Marco Antonio Rubio (56-6-1, 49 KOs), has been given the no. 1 spot in the WBO's middleweight rankings. This makes the 32-year-old veteran from Torreon, Coahuila the mandatory opponent for the upcoming Peter Quillin-Fernando Guerrero world title clash on February 9.
    Rubio was defeated in 2009 via ninth round retirement in a bid for Kelly Pavlik's WBO and WBC titles and two years later was beaten by unanimous decision in a spirited effort for Julio Cesar Chavez's WBC belt.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/marquez...0407--box.html

LOL at Jr. trying to lowball Nacho. Everyone knows he wouldn't last a whole training session with him. That or Nacho was charging a lot cuz he knows to expect a lot of crap and his time may be wasted. Robert Garcia IMO is definitely more suited for Jr.

vCash
    Nacho and Chavez would be a horrible fit, Chavez is to spoiled to train with him IMO. Wouldnt work.

vCash
    Nacho said 3 requirements would need to be met for them to work, money, yearlong diet, never miss a training camp.
    The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast