Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    I don't know how else he could have fought against a guy who's twenty pounds bigger than him though. It's not like he was covering up and running late, he was throwing behind a strong jab all fight. The size difference was huge, you could tell if he stood there and tried to bang with Adamek he would have been in trouble. I guess that's a problem he just need to deal with though, he knows what happens when a natural cruiserweight moves up.
    Good to see ya back man.

But anyway, Cunningham didn't have to move up, he did it because it was the only fight against a named opponent he could get. It was a gift that the promotional company put the card in his hometown even though adamek sells big in jersey of Chicago.

It took 4 years for Cunningham to get the rematch with adamek, who has he fight since? How many times has he fight?

This was cunninghams chance, go for the kill. He's hardly in the position not to.

Rememer when Abril outboxed rios and got a bad decision? Who cares about Abril? No one, it was a borong peroforkamce amd he left it in the refs hands. Fans dont care, and no big names will fiht him anymore. you gotta know your place in this business.

There was a time when Marquez had an incredible hard time getting big fights, he took chances amd brawled, fans noticed, he got the big fights, gotta do what you gotta do.
    Last edited by AddiX; 12-24-2012 at 01:34 AM.

vCash
    Koki kameda fought in japan this week, and 0ver 25 million people there watched.

Boxing is doing crazy numbers in japan right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Koki kameda fought in japan this week, and 0ver 25 million people there watched.

Boxing is doing crazy numbers in japan right now.
    you think its because that's their only good boxer?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    No. In Japan it's not about being the best. All their fighters always give a good show. There's a reason when Mexican and Japs fight that they have rediculous ratings.
    The Autumn Wind is a Raider

vCash
    Good to see ya back man.

But anyway, Cunningham didn't have to move up, he did it because it was the only fight against a named opponent he could get. It was a gift that the promotional company put the card in his hometown even though adamek sells big in jersey of Chicago.

It took 4 years for Cunningham to get the rematch with adamek, who has he fight since? How many times has he fight?

This was cunninghams chance, go for the kill. He's hardly in the position not to.

Rememer when Abril outboxed rios and got a bad decision? Who cares about Abril? No one, it was a borong peroforkamce amd he left it in the refs hands. Fans dont care, and no big names will fiht him anymore. you gotta know your place in this business.

There was a time when Marquez had an incredible hard time getting big fights, he took chances amd brawled, fans noticed, he got the big fights, gotta do what you gotta do.
    Boom there's the answer. Marquez called out morales when he was unproven. Got a few chances and made himself a complete fighter that it wasn't possible to run from him anymore. Sounds like The Ghost's strategy lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    There Japanese fighters pull good ratings, Koki is def there biggest star, he's a superstar star on a level no boxer in the rest of world is except pacquiao, But japan has a much stronger economy so ratings in japan mean a lot more than in the phillipines.

For whatever reason, if you look at tv ratings for events yearly or historically, in japan, boxing events are always among the top.

I guess they just like boxing.
    Last edited by AddiX; 12-26-2012 at 08:47 AM.

vCash
    Lucas matthyysse says he asked golden boy for Danny Garcia.

Garcia and golden boy will undoubtably deny his request.

vCash
    “I truly believe that God is putting me in this position to humble everybody in the sport; especially the ones who like to talk and are so-called experts. Most critics seem to think that a win over Floyd Mayweather Jr. is impossible. If you put Christ first in your life, nothing is impossible. People will find out the truth very soon.” --Robert Guerrero.

Cojones o loco?
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    I truly believe that God is putting me in this position to humble everybody in the sport; especially the ones who like to talk and are so-called experts. Most critics seem to think that a win over Floyd Mayweather Jr. is impossible. If you put Christ first in your life, nothing is impossible. People will find out the truth very soon. --Robert Guerrero.

Cojones o loco?
    Guererro is true to his name. He fights hard everytime.

Everyone forgets they are amazing athletes but at the end of the day they're just two men in a square. No one is unbeatable.

vCash
    Heard enough of Guerrero, seems obvious he will get the Floyd fight though.

vCash
    This is not a quick hit or a rumor, but a comment.

I love Mariusz Wach's "old man pants" shorts. *laughing*
    The 33 year old "Viking", looks like an 73 year old Mid-westerner
    on his way to play Bingo, in those things. All he needs
    is some white vinyl shoes!
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Via boxing scene

Gamboa (22-0, 16KOs) returned in December, after a 15 month layoff, and won a twelve round decision over Michael Farenas to captured the WBA's interim-title. Uchiyama (19-0-1, 16KOs) came back on December 31 and stopped mandatory challenger Bryan Vasquez in the eight round.
    Gamboa next in line for uchiyama, I havnt watched any of him yet, but I hear he's pretty damn exciting, boxer/puncher type. I support this fight, I don't think gamboa needs to chase the bigger guys, this is a
    Fight fight for him.

Edit:
    Here's a vid of him KOing solis real bad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwciM...e_gdata_player
    Last edited by AddiX; 01-07-2013 at 05:11 PM.

vCash
    Gamboa next in line for uchiyama, I havnt watched any of him yet, but I hear he's pretty damn exciting, boxer/puncher type. I support this fight, I don't think gamboa needs to chase the bigger guys, this is a
    Fight fight for him.
    I think Uchiyama's gonna have to knock him out to win this one. But this is a GREAT matchup. Definitely NOT "padded champs" like what I was complaining about in the other thread.

Uchiyama/Vasquez: Uchi was struggling against Vasquez' fighting style and defense (darting in 'n' out movements+lowered hands reflex/intuitive defense)... a style which Gamboa is actually better
    at than Vasquez.

Gamboa/Farenas: Farenas troubled Gamboa with his pressure and power punches. This is somthing Uchi clearly excells in, so it's conceivable that Uchi can stalk Gamboa down and drop bombs... who knows how long Gamboa's chin can survive the blasts. Also, Uchi pretty much dominated Farenas... but the fight ended in a technical draw (cuts).
    Still, I think Uchi did better "boxing IQ-wise" against Farenas than Gamboa did.

They both dropped Solis. Gamboa got it done fast and furious; Uchi took a little longer.

Definitely a great fight. Definitely a better matchup than the BCS Championship. *laughing* RRROOOLLL! (Sorry).
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Pacquiao vs Marquez setting up to be Setember 4th. That's probably the same day Mayweather was looking at because that's Mexican Independence day weekend.

vCash
    September 4th, or 14th? Isn't Mexican Independence Day Sept. 16th?

I kind of hate that we really have to go through this JMM+Pac thing again.
    Really? REALLY?!? @#*$^%)*

Guerroro's manager claims The Ghost will be fighting Mayweather on May 4th.
    I don't even know if I care to see that fight.

Jeez can we just at least get a Canelo/Trout date out there before
    we have another freakin' JMMPAC fight?
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast