Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Boxing Quick Hits/Rumors thread

I'm taking a page from the MMA forum and starting a quick hits thread.

This page is for rumors, videos, random boxing news, articles, quotes, questions, or anything boxing related that doesn't need a thread.

Should thos be stickied? You guys think we need it or not? We don't have an actual mod so I guess we vote on something like this? I have no clue. Thought it would help clean the front page cleaner.
    Last edited by AddiX; 10-22-2012 at 01:35 AM.

vCash
    Doesn't matter i don't think the page is sloppy though
    Last edited by bulls_world23; 10-22-2012 at 09:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls_world23 View Post
    Doesn't matter i don't think the page is sloppy though
    Yeah I dunno, I think some topics/threads that are legit topics, but dont get much action could just be tossed in here, stuff like that.

Was an idea, works well in the Mma forum.

vCash
    Ive heard rumors of a Paquiao/Marquez 5

vCash
    Sounds like garcia Judah are in deep talks for 2013 for a fight at Barclays, Showtime is on board, and Judah has already denied the Peterson fight.

There is going to be some great hood smack talk in this one.

vCash
    BoxingScene.com has been advised that the International Boxing Federation will issue an order on December 26th, which directs their super middleweightchampion Carl Froch (29-2, 21KOs) to begin negotiations for a mandatory defense against Adonis Stevenson (19-1, 16KOs).

Froch's promoter, Eddie Hearn, will either begin negotiations or request an exception to go forward with a planned March/April rematch with Lucian Bute. If the exception is granted, then the IBF will order the winner to face Stevenson or vacate the title. But, there is a section in the IBF’s rules where a mandatory defense holds weight over a rematch.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=570249

vCash
    Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz2B5gc2Qet
    This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

Promoter Lou DiBella has confirmed to BoxingScene.com that there are serious ongoing discussions to finalize a fight between WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (24-0, 21KOs) and IBO super middleweight champ Tommy Oosthuizen (20-0, 13KOs). The fight would take place on January 19th at the Theater in New York's Madison Square Garden. HBO will televise. Golovkin would move up in weight for the fight.

"We are having talks but nothing is done yet," DiBella, who co-promotes Oosthuizen with Rodney Berman of Golden Gloves, told BoxingScene.com.

Oosthuizen has a fight scheduled for November 10th in South Africa against Fulgencio Zuniga (25-5-1, 22KOs). He obviously has to win, and walk away without injury, to keep the fight with Golovkin in place.
    The almighty Golovkin. ray:

vCash
    All rumors go here till fight is official made.

vCash
    We still need GGG to fight Martinez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:24163813
    We still need GGG to fight Martinez.
    I agree.that will be one hell of a fight but Martinez knows he can get more$$ by fighting Canelo or a rematch with Chavez.

vCash
    GGG scared off a lot of potential opponents w that last performance.

vCash
    Andre Ward and Chad Dawson at 175? I kinda wanna see Sergio vs Andre Ward doubt its going to happen tho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Future_knick View Post
    Andre Ward and Chad Dawson at 175? I kinda wanna see Sergio vs Andre Ward doubt its going to happen tho.
    Sergio said he wasn't moving up to 168 and he would only fight at a catchweight of a maximum 164.

Andre Ward isn't going to go down.

vCash
    Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer has advised BoxingScene.com that Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins will return on March 9th at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Showtime will televised. Hopkins will attempt to break his own record as being the oldest fighter to ever win a world championship. It will mark the first fight for Hopkins, 47-years-old, since losing a split decision to Chad Dawson in April.

vCash
    Hopkins should just retire. He looked horrible against Dawson

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast