Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

September 13th: Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana

Discuss.

MAIN EVENT
    Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana
    147 pound limit for Mayweather's WBC/WBA welterweight title

UNDERCARD
    Last edited by Raps08-09 Champ; 07-16-2014 at 12:16 AM.

vCash
    I'm going to guess Mayweather fights Peter Quillin. I wouldn't be surprised if he left Vegas this time for NYC to promote the fight.
    I don't think he wants anything to do with Cotto if he beats Martinez.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 05-20-2014 at 04:51 AM.

vCash
    Khan is out of the question due to religious reasons. Danny Garcia would be destroyed by Floyd so that might happen to build up Floyd after the poor showing, for Floyd standards, he put up vs Maidana. Maidana rematch is a possibility as well and I think Floyd can beat him 2nd time around if he prepares a bit better.I would really like to see him fight Martinez but he has to get past Cotto first. Pacman vs Floyd is what we all want but we know that's not happening.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    It will be a Maidana rematch, and I can't wait!

What on earth makes you think it woulnd't do well raps? Look at froch/groves II, rematches with drama are easy to sell.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    That card was stacked with all those names and it sold only 900K buys? Pretty bad if you ask me.

It's not like Maidana is a big name either that'll keep drawing names. And not everyone wants to see rematches. Bradley-Pacquiao 2 went down as did Marquez-Pacquioa 4 (from 3 when Marquez should've won). Just because it was a close fight against Floyd doesn't mean they want to pay to see Maidana again, especially when Floyd clearly won it (it was at least a clear 7-5 or 8-4 fight). Doesn't mean people want to see a rematch and pay $65 for it.

Groves-Froch has a European following. They also aren't charging $65 for it in PPV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    That card was stacked with all those names and it sold only 900K buys? Pretty bad if you ask me.

It's not like Maidana is a big name either that'll keep drawing names. And not everyone wants to see rematches. Bradley-Pacquiao 2 went down as did Marquez-Pacquioa 4 (from 3 when Marquez should've won). Just because it was a close fight against Floyd doesn't mean they want to pay to see Maidana again, especially when Floyd clearly won it (it was at least a clear 7-5 or 8-4 fight). Doesn't mean people want to see a rematch and pay $65 for it.

Groves-Froch has a European following. They also aren't charging $65 for it in PPV.
    But unlike all those Mayweather is the most hated boxer in the world today and everybody wants to see him fail due to the cockiness, which he earned with his hard work and dedication to the sport if you ask me. You add that to the fact that Maidana is the only boxer in a long time whose come close to putting the streak in danger and everybody will be lining up to see the rematch.

vCash
    How the **** do you guys think Floyd won his last fight clearly? Are you ******** me? CLEARLY? Wtf man. Even the round by round stats show he didn't "win" clearly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    But unlike all those Mayweather is the most hated boxer in the world today and everybody wants to see him fail due to the cockiness, which he earned with his hard work and dedication to the sport if you ask me. You add that to the fact that Maidana is the only boxer in a long time whose come close to putting the streak in danger and everybody will be lining up to see the rematch.
    People want to see him fail, sure. Doesn't mean they will pay $65 to watch something not worth $65. I think Floyd will make it a much easier fight this time around. Maybe they maintain what they had in terms of PPV buys, but I doubt they increase the amount of buys that it will be significant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable650 View Post
    How the **** do you guys think Floyd won his last fight clearly? Are you ******** me? CLEARLY? Wtf man. Even the round by round stats show he didn't "win" clearly
    I thought it was a pretty clear 7-5 fight. It wasn't like the decision was controversial. Bradley-Marquez was a close fight but Bradley clearly won a 7-5 fight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I thought it was a pretty clear 7-5 fight. It wasn't like the decision was controversial. Bradley-Marquez was a close fight but Bradley clearly won a 7-5 fight.
    I agree with this, I also don't think maidan a can do anything different or better than what he already did.

The better boxer almost always wins the rematch in easier fashion, this would be no different. No point in a rematch but there's a good chance it may happen, although its hard to know what kind of promises have been to other fighters.

vCash
    Yea, Maidana can't do anything different. Mayweather already adjusted to end the fight. He'll adjust even better this time around.

vCash
    Floyd will just use his legs more in a rematch. Same thing as Castillo fight.

vCash
    Well, won't be Pacquiao, since he signed an extension with Top Rank.

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    Mayweather purposely signed with Showtime to ignore critics. He plans on taking no chance.

A small town called nunya god damn bidness
    vCash
    Zzzzzzzzz

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast