Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Dec13: Bradley-Chaves, Khan-Alexander, Andrade-Charlo, Korobov-Lee and more

Showtime Card

Devon Alexander vs. Amir Khan, 12 rounds, welterweights
    Keith Thurman vs. Leonard Bundu, 12 rounds, for Thurman's WBA interim welterweight title
    Demetrius Andrade vs. Jermell Charlo, 12 rounds, for Andrade's WBO junior middleweight title
    Abner Mares vs. TBA, 10 rounds, featherweights
    Victor Ortiz vs. TBA, 10 rounds, welterweights

HBO Card

Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Diego Chaves, 12 rounds, welterweights
    Matt Korobov vs. Andy Lee, 12 rounds, for vacant WBO middleweight title
    Mauricio Herrera vs. Jose Benavidez Jr, 12 rounds, for Herrera's WBA interim junior welterweight title

I'l edit when card is complete but I can't do all the pictures like the other thread since it would make the OP too long.
    Last edited by Raps08-09 Champ; 11-01-2014 at 12:32 AM.

vCash
    Most likely Diego Chaves.

He lacks opponents anyway so might as well. Probably would set up for a fight against Alvarado/Rios (should be scheduled for beginning of next year) winner in like June.

Too bad we couldn't see him against Provodnikov again.

vCash
    Throughout his 10-year professional boxing career, Timothy Bradley Jr. has won world titles in two weight classes and has faced a who's who of top opponents, so even though he is coming off his first defeat -- a time when many fighters would look for a soft touch -- he isn't about to change his mentality.

Bradley will return to the ring to face hard-punching contender Diego Chaves of Argentina in a scheduled 12-round welterweight fight Dec. 13 (HBO) at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas. The fight has been agreed to by both sides, and Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told ESPN.com that contracts have been sent out for signatures.

"I'm excited to get back into the ring and showcase myself," Bradley told ESPN.com on Thursday night. "Chaves is not that well known but the boxing fans know him. The boxing fans know that this guy can fight and that it won't be a walk in the park for me. I think it's going to be a great fight. I can't wait."
    Chaves is official.

If Bradley wins, I would imagine it sets him up with Provodnikov or Rios/Alvarado winner (supposed to be in January most likely).

vCash
    Bradley gonna beat the heck out of Chavez.

vCash

Dec 13th: Matt Korobov vs Andy Lee

After multiple fighters have ducked Korobov, Andy Lee has taken the fight. It will take place in Ireland where Lee is from.

I'm a big Andy Lee fan, but I also like korobov. This is an underrated fight.

Lees last KO win vs John Jackson was sick. About 7:50 mark.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upCsA...e_gdata_player
    Last edited by AddiX; 10-06-2014 at 07:23 PM.

vCash
    Bradley ranked so low because of Mosley?

vCash
    What?

vCash

Dec. 13th: Demetrius Andrade vs. Jermell Charlo

WBO junior middleweight champion Demetrius Andrade (21-0, 14 KOs) will be defending his title against unbeaten #2 IBF, #2 WBO, #3 WBC Jermell Charlo (24-0, 11 KOs) on December 13th at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Fight will be on Showtime.

Nice matchup of two undefeated fighters. Andrade will have to be the aggressor in this one, and I think Charlo will beat him. Charlo has some real legit power.

vCash
    Merged it to keep discussion in 1 thread. I know it's different networks but I think it'll generate more discussion in 1 thread as opposed to 3 different threads.

Hopefully that deal with ST is just a 1 time fight. I'd like to see him on HBO and fight Canelo or Cotto or GGG or something.

vCash
    This is becoming a decent fight night.

Tim Bradley, Diego Chaves, Demetrius Andrade, Jermell Charlo, Andy Lee, Matt Korobov, Felix Verdajo, Mauricio Herrera, Jose Benavidez Jr all fighting that day in 3 different locations.

vCash
    So now we are adding Victor Ortiz and Abner Mares in the ST card. Wow that is absolutely stacked with big names.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Bradley gonna beat the heck out of Chavez.
    I agree with this. Bradley is good enough to fight Mayweather and possibly win.

vCash
    Bradley couldn't even beat Pacquiao. How could he beat a better fighter in a worse style matchup?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Bradley couldn't even beat Pacquiao. How could he beat a better fighter in a worse style matchup?
    He technically did beat Pacquaio.
    I don't believe Mayweather is a better fighter or a worse style match up, Bradley is good on his feet, Mayweather is comfortable with flat footed fighters.
    Mayweather struggled twice against Maidana. He has certainly lost a step or two.
    Don't get fooled to think Mayweather will fight any more noble fighters in order to secure his undefeated record.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 11-08-2014 at 03:32 PM.

vCash
    We both know what I meant when I said beat Pacquiao.

And Mayweather beat Maidana both times like 8-4 in the first fight and 10-2 in the 2nd fight. He struggled for like 4 rounds. Bradley doesn't have the offensive ability to beat Mayweather too so not sure how he'd even push Mayweather into a tight spot.

Mayweather fights Amir Khan and probably Danny Garcia. Khan is still a damn good fighter because his offense is probably top 3 in the WW division.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast