Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

June 2015 Fight Thread (June 26 -Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Jessie Vargas)

Saturday, June 13, 2015
    Manhattan, New York

FEATHERWEIGHTS
    Nicholas Walters

Vs

Miguel Marriaga

For vacant WBA featherweight title. Only Marriaga can win the title as Walters missed weight

LIGHTWEIGHTS
    Felix Verdajo

Vs

Ivan Najera

Saturday, June 13, 2015
    Birmingham, Alabama

HEAVYWEIGHTS
    Deontay Wilder

Vs

Eric Molina

For Wilder's WBC heavyweight tilte
    Last edited by Raps08-09 Champ; 06-12-2015 at 07:44 PM.

vCash
    Notable Fights

June 6

Miguel Cotto vs. Daniel Geale, 12 rounds, for Cotto's WBC middleweight title

Robert Guerrero vs. Aron Martinez, 10 rounds, welterweights

Jesus Cuellar vs. Vic Darchinyan, 12 rounds, for Cuellar's WBA "regular" featherweight title

June 12

Erislandy Lara vs. Delvin Rodriguez, 12 rounds, for Lara's WBA "regular" junior middleweight title

rtur Beterbiev vs. Alexander Johnson, 10 rounds, light heavyweights

June 13

Nicholas Walters vs. Miguel Marriaga, 12 rounds, for Walters' WBA featherweight title

Felix Verdejo vs. Ivan Najera, 10 rounds, lightweights

Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina, 12 rounds, for Wilder's WBC heavyweight tilte

June 20

Shawn Porter vs. Adrien Broner, 12 rounds, welterweights

Andre Ward vs. Paul Smith, 12 rounds, light heavyweights

Hassan N'Dam vs. David Lemieux, 12 rounds, for vacant IBF middleweight title

June 27

Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Jessie Vargas, 12 rounds, welterweights

Amnat Ruenroeng vs. Johnriel Casimero, 12 rounds, for Ruenroeng's IBF flyweight title
    Last edited by Raps08-09 Champ; 06-09-2015 at 04:05 PM.

vCash
    Cotto and Canelo should already but fighting. Hopefully they both win and then we can also see the winner face the winner of a potential GGG/Chavez Jr fight

vCash
    I'm fine if it's later as long as it happens. Cotto gets to face a top JMW contender.

Not like there was a spot for Canelo-Cotto with Mayweather-Pacquiao happening.

vCash
    Broner-Porter set up for June 20.

vCash
    June a solid month of boxing too.

I may go to see David Lemieux vs Hassan N'dam.

vCash
    There's apparently a verbal agreement for Cotto-Canelo.

vCash
    Cotto criticizing GGG for not fighting a top quality opponent but is facing the same guy GGG just beat in 3 rounds, at a catchweight when he is the champion. If he wasn't the champion, I don't have a problem fighting at a catchweight but he's the lineal champ.

I really like Cotto but I don't get how this guy is thinking.

vCash
    http://www.boxingnews24.com/2015/06/...o-upset-cotto/
    i thought this article was spot on

vCash
    Geale is a top 5-10 MW. It should be a competitive fight.

vCash
    I didn't know this fight was at a catchweight of 157lb until the weigh in. Geale will be drained, upset is very unlikely.

vCash
    I don't believe catch weights should exist in title fights. If you have a belt in a certain weight, that should be the limit.
    Catch weights should only exist in prize fights..

vCash
    Catchweights are there to accommodate some fighters who may not campaign at that weight so catchweights in title fights aren't all bad. Like if say Kovalev wants a cruiserweight title but he's never fought there, kinda make sense to ask for a catchweight (assuming the other fighter can make that weight). But if you're the champ at that division and they are fighting for the title you have, then you have no business asking for a catchweight. You're the champ at that weight for a reason. Accommodating challengers is a different story though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Catchweights are there to accommodate some fighters who may not campaign at that weight so catchweights in title fights aren't all bad. Like if say Kovalev wants a cruiserweight title but he's never fought there, kinda make sense to ask for a catchweight (assuming the other fighter can make that weight). But if you're the champ at that division and they are fighting for the title you have, then you have no business asking for a catchweight. You're the champ at that weight for a reason. Accommodating challengers is a different story though.

Title holders shouldn't be allowed to demand a catchweight, otherwise they a not the true p4p at that respective weight. It should only be considered to accommodate a challenger.

The catch weight of 157lb doesn't accommodate Geale at all which is why the setup to this fight is stupid.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 06-06-2015 at 03:50 PM.

vCash
    Well Cotto admittedly said he did it to gain an advantage, so at least he's honest. But still, you're the champ there for a reason so you fight all MW fighters. If he was say facing Canelo or Floyd (or whoever usually campaigns at 154) for the title and the weight was 157, I have no problem with that since they don't campaign at 160 normally.

Being the champ at the division means you're the best at that division. You're not exactly the best though if you aren't fighting your mandatory/quality opponents at the weight they are most comfortable at (which is typically the maximum weight).

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast