Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Nov 22nd: Manny Pacquiao vs Chris Algieri in MACAU

Fight will be held at the Venetian in Macau.

The Venetian must be paying BIG $ for this fight, because state side it's clearly not going to do big ppv #s.

Top rank is building themselves a nice financial backup plan to the normal U.S. Boxing business model.

vCash
    Is this a done deal?

Lol what a terrible fight. But with Marquez outpricing himself and PRovodnikov losing, there's not much options. I can watch it for free so I'll probably still watch.

vCash
    My god, they might not even crack 200,000 PPV buys. But they'll still make millions on millions, especially with Zou Shiming fighting. I think we'll see Lomachenko as well.

vCash
    Ya its a done deal.

I think zou and and Rigo have there own fight card there so he won't even be on this card.

Loma I'm not sure about.

Top rank knows they'll lose ppv buys, but they'll make up for it because all of china will watch, and the venetian will pay a huge fee to have the fight there.

vCash
    I can't see them fighting without Zou Shiming there. I'm sure he'll add some Chinese PPV buys.

vCash
    Manny is basically doing what Mayweather does. Fighting a guy he knows he can beat and cashing in on it. Good for him but bad for boxing.

vCash
    **** I would have rather seen manny vs the ghost

vCash
    Guerrero doesn't even know his contract situation ATM.

vCash
    Crazy thing, is Algieri actually has a chance. His style is all wrong for Pac and Pac isn't the fighter he use to be.

vCash
    The problem with Algieri is that he's a defensive fighter & will most likely run from Pacquaio. It will turning into a lot of close & controversial rounds that will go to the scorecards. It won't be as entertaining as him slugging it out with someone. Manny won't have a problem with this fight, he already beat Bradley & knows how to win that sort of fight. I know Roach is dieing to see Pacquaio knock someone out so this isn't the fight he wants.

vCash
    I think I really need to watch the Provo and Algieri fight. Did this guy really do much to deserve this pay day? Because if I just went by before and after pics of the Provo fight I swear this dude got his *** handed to him.

vCash
    dont think Algieri really deserves this fight but like others said who is really out there for Manny since Mayweather wont fight him?

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 57 Yards: 921 TD: 9

vCash
    It's a disgusting matchup, a disagrace to the sport of boxing. No disespect to Algieri, he beat Ruslan (which to me isn't enough) and got the fight signed, but no matter what the outcome, no matter who looks good, I hope deep down inside he never forgets this was a gift fight.

Manny should absolutely dominate Algieri and stop him in the mid to late rounds or he's clearly on the decline, Algieri may be a better boxer but Manny should be leagues above him as a fighter and his assets should more than trump Algieris boxing skills and ring IQ.

Hopefully the undercard is decent because it will take genuine effort for me to tune in to this fight, I will root for the underdog Algieri, but if Manny isn't boxing circles around him by the fourth round, I am going to unleash it on Manny as far as criticisms go.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    It's a disgusting matchup, a disagrace to the sport of boxing. No disespect to Algieri, he beat Ruslan (which to me isn't enough) and got the fight signed, but no matter what the outcome, no matter who looks good, I hope deep down inside he never forgets this was a gift fight.

Manny should absolutely dominate Algieri and stop him in the mid to late rounds or he's clearly on the decline, Algieri may be a better boxer but Manny should be leagues above him as a fighter and his assets should more than trump Algieris boxing skills and ring IQ.

Hopefully the undercard is decent because it will take genuine effort for me to tune in to this fight, I will root for the underdog Algieri, but if Manny isn't boxing circles around him by the fourth round, I am going to unleash it on Manny as far as criticisms go.
    I've always supported Manny but here I completely agree, He's taking the Mayweather route.

vCash
    I don't love tue fight, but Algieri could be a tough fight for PAC. He's the type of stick and move boxer manny has avoided over the years, he's also pretty tall.

I don't think he wins, but manny will have to be on his game, when is the last time manny fight a guy who doesn't stand in front of him?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast