Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mayweather-Golovkin: 'He ain't fighting no damn giant'

My first thread in here brothers (and sisters if there are any). So we all remember what the Triple G camp said last October http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/10/...weather-fight/

Floyd Sr on Mayweather-Golovkin: 'He ain't fighting no damn giant'

Don't think its happening then. Would be one great fight though. I wanna see Mayweather finally on the canvass.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/5/10...-no-damn-giant

Thoughts?
    I.Am.The.Way

vCash
    It was never going to happen.

Different divisions and too dangerous for Mayweather. He's more likely to face Cotto than GGG if he's fighting someone 154 or over. GGG at 154 isn't going to be the real GGG and Mayweather's not going up to 160.

GGG on HBO anyway and he's not going to ST any time soon.

vCash
    I'd like to see him fight Lara though. Lara's been calling out GGG for a while now but Lara brings no monetary value at all so HBO hasn't been interested at all. In their view, no point in paying a guy to fight GGG when he's not going to bring any excitement to the fans. Lara with Haymon anyway so he's banned on HBO.

vCash
    Gennady ‘GGG’ Golovkin reaffirmed that he would be more than happy to go down to 154 pounds for a mega-fight with Floyd ‘Money’ Mayweather. “Of course, it’s my dream fight,” said GGG. “Obviously, Floyd, he is a great champion, and a little bit different style. Floyd, he’s a smart guy. He does a lot of moving. For my style, a little bit different. I like drama show. I like real fight, like close fight. I want show. Big show. Big drama show!”
    Asked if he would bring that big drama show if he were to get a fight with Mayweather, Golovkin responded “Absolutely!”

vCash
    I would say something about this GGG. GGG, hey, if GGG can make weight, that would be different, but — no, no, we not fixing to fight no damn giant. I’m going to tell you like this right here. He [Golovkin] comes down, he be at 154, by the time he eats and fight that night, maybe 180, you just don’t know, man. People can eat up stuff, man, and hey. He don’t need to fight nobody like that, man.

Now they say that Floyd won’t beat him, but I’m just telling you because, the guy is probably just so big and strong, man. Floyd probably, all he would be doing is, he’d take a lot of punches. He’d come in, Floyd would run the stuff off of him. But the whole thing is, it’d be a struggle, but Floyd probably could beat him. I can’t say that he can’t beat him. - Floyd Sr.

vCash
    I think GGG would probably knock Floyd out but Mayweather won't get in the ring with him.

vCash
    The body work GGG would do against Mayweather could be crazy. GGG's ring generalship is one of the best in the game so Mayweather will need to be on his best shape to move around the ring a lot.

vCash
    I would love for this fight to happen, I would favor Golovkin, which would be me favoring Mayweathers opponent for only the 3rd time since the DLH fight. This would be a great win for either side, but Golovkin is too complete a fighter and entering his prime, so if he loses Floyd really delivered a masterclass performance. I can't stand however how people claim someone won't fight someone because the fighter might be too dangerous, whether it's true or not is beside the question, I want the best to fight the best, and the best should look to fight the best, no exceptions.

Your 2014-15 NBA Champs!!!! Go Warriors!!!

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Kovalev/Pacquiao/Cotto/Rigondeaux/Froch/Wlad/Maidana/Thurman/Golovkin

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    I would love for this fight to happen, I would favor Golovkin, which would be me favoring Mayweathers opponent for only the 3rd time since the DLH fight. This would be a great win for either side, but Golovkin is too complete a fighter and entering his prime, so if he loses Floyd really delivered a masterclass performance. I can't stand however how people claim someone won't fight someone because the fighter might be too dangerous, whether it's true or not is beside the question, I want the best to fight the best, and the best should look to fight the best, no exceptions.
    Mayweather stepping up in weight to fight a superstar in his prime is suicide.

vCash
    Who did you favor over Mayweather since De La Hoya?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Mayweather stepping up in weight to fight a superstar in his prime is suicide.
    He's not really stepping up in weight. He's the champ at 154, which is where the fight would be and a weight GGG is willing to be at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    He's not really stepping up in weight. He's the champ at 154, which is where the fight would be and a weight GGG is willing to be at.
    I know but he came in around 150lb in those fights, GGG will be 165 lb + by the time of the fight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    I know but he came in around 150lb in those fights, GGG will be 165 lb + by the time of the fight
    Yea but that's no different than fighting Cotto, DLH, or Canelo, who all weigh 160-170. Mayweather's the champ at 154, so if he's fighting someone at 154, even if the guy is going down from 160, he's still fighting at a weight he's the champ at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Yea but that's no different than fighting Cotto, DLH, or Canelo, who all weigh 160-170. Mayweather's the champ at 154, so if he's fighting someone at 154, even if the guy is going down from 160, he's still fighting at a weight he's the champ at.
    But still, Floyd was in his prime against DLH and struggled.
    He struggled against Cotto, who really isn't that great of a fighter IMO, he just manages to fight competitively.
    Canelo agreed to a 152lb catch weight, but was too young and inexperienced, he Didn't have quick enough footwork to catch Floyd.

We're talking about fighting a superstar in his prime at a weight he's not at his best. Floyd's too old for this fight and GGG hits too hard for him to struggle. Its a bad idea for him.

vCash
    I didn't think he struggled against DLH, though Cotto gave him a strong fight. Even if he isn't a full 154, at the end of the day, he's still the lineal champ there, so if he doesn't want to fight guys at 154, he should have vacated the titles a long time ago. It's not a good idea for him to fight GGG but until he gives up the titles, he's going to be speculated against those guys.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast