Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 76
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15,258
    vCash
    1500

    The Jeff Ireland Appreciation Thread

    Jeff Ireland is turning this franchise around. He's doing a good job rebuilding this team. He brought in Joe Philbin from Green Bay. He drafted our franchise QB in the first round. He brought in Reggie Bush, Mike Pouncey, Kevin Burnett Lamar Miller, Olivier Vernon and some late round gems and undrafted free agents(Wilson, Randall, Clay, Freeney). He re-signed Paul Solia and Brandon Fields, extended Cameron Wake's contract. He decided not to sign/trade for Kyle Orton and Matt Flynn. And he traded Vontae Davis for a top 2nd round pick.

    This guys has made some great decision since he's been in charge(September 2010). He's building this team into a contender so lets show some appreciation.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Albany
    Posts
    27,967
    vCash
    1500
    No.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    20,590
    vCash
    1200
    I do not approve of this thread. Ireland still is terrible.

    Even a blind squirrel finds some nuts.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,659
    vCash
    1500
    I'm still undecided on Ireland. I'm not on the Fireland bandwagon but I don't think he's the best thing since sliced bread. I will say Philbin/Tannehill is his last chance. If they fail, (which I don't think they will) he needs to go.

    2012(3) Football Season. Bring It. (Let's Go.)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15,258
    vCash
    1500
    At least I tried

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15,258
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I do not approve of this thread. Ireland still is terrible.

    Even a blind squirrel finds some nuts.
    Are you sure he's blind? Reggie Bush, Kevin Burnett, Mike Pouncey, Ryan Tannehill, Lamar Miller, Olivier Vernon, Jimmy Wilson, Charles Clay, Kheeston Randall, re-signing Wake, Solia and Fields.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,040
    vCash
    500
    I'll give Ireland some props for some of his drafting and picks. Your starting to see that with a real coaching staff some players are developing and really turning around.

    guys like reshad jones, John Jerry, Sean smith, Nolan carrol, Clemens, misi, there all looking a lot better today than they were with the sparano staff.

    Olivier Vernon could be the steal of the draft. I don't give Ireland credit for miller, tannehill, or Jtrain though. And I'm still unsure if Ireland is genius or a complete moron for how he handled getting tannehill.

    I mean, what if someone else traded up for him?

    PS, Ross brought in philbin.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15,258
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    I'll give Ireland some props for some of his drafting and picks. Your starting to see that with a real coaching staff some players are developing and really turning around.

    guys like reshad jones, John Jerry, Sean smith, Nolan carrol, Clemens, misi, there all looking a lot better today than they were with the sparano staff.

    Olivier Vernon could be the steal of the draft. I don't give Ireland credit for miller, tannehill, or Jtrain though. And I'm still unsure if Ireland is genius or a complete moron for how he handled getting tannehill.

    I mean, what if someone else traded up for him?

    PS, Ross brought in philbin
    .
    Oh, I forgot. According to you Ireland has nothing to do with bringing in Tannehill, Miller, Lane and Philbin. Nice try buddy. "You're entitled to your own airplane and your own house, but not to your own facts". That's not how things work.

    And I'm tired of having these arguments. The GM is responsible for every move his team makes whether it's a good move or a bad move.
    Last edited by godolphins; 10-14-2012 at 04:58 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Coolsville
    Posts
    4,708
    vCash
    1500
    I see this is going to go very well.... at least, it will keep the bye week interesting.

    Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,791
    vCash
    1500
    I think Ireland deserves some credit for some of our success. To be honest (and I was a Sparano supporter so I suck) I think Sparano could not develop players and put game plans together. I think it shows from some of our players stepping up and developing to live up to their potential.

    That being said, I want to wait and see how things go for the rest of the season.

    EDIT: To clarify, I am saying that Ireland has found some players throughout the last couple of seasons but Sparano was not able to develop them to play to their fullest potential. With Philbin I see players stepping up. I don't know if Ireland should take all the heat for the last two seasons when we have been as good as anyone in the league this season with almost the same roster as the last few seasons.
    Last edited by murcat410; 10-14-2012 at 05:03 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,252
    vCash
    1500
    Ireland didn't bring in Philbin, Ross did, we all know this. It was said time and time again that Ireland wanted McCoy and that Philbin was Ross' guy.

    Anyway, I wnot get into that because the Ireland lovers won't admit it and go on some rant, so I'll ask this instead; where is the Joe Philbin appreciation thread?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Albany
    Posts
    27,967
    vCash
    1500

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15,258
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Ireland didn't bring in Philbin, Ross did, we all know this. It was said time and time again that Ireland wanted McCoy and that Philbin was Ross' guy.

    Anyway, I wnot get into that because the Ireland lovers won't admit it and go on some rant, so I'll ask this instead; where is the Joe Philbin appreciation thread?
    It's all speculation. Don't believe everything you read on twitter. Like Addix said before, no one in the media knows what goes on in our FO.
    Last edited by godolphins; 10-14-2012 at 05:24 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,040
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins View Post
    Oh, I forgot. According to you Ireland has nothing to do with bringing in Tannehill, Miller, Lane and Philbin. Nice try buddy. "You're entitled to your own airplane and your own house, but not to your own facts". That's not how things work.

    And I'm tired of having these arguments. The GM is responsible for every move his team makes whether it's a good move or a bad move.
    If your tired of having the argument, don't make a damn thread about it.

    shefter said Ross chose philbin. If anyone would know, it's shefter.

    And believe it or not, coaches and owners make decisions too. Not just the gm. Just like last season when Ireland was busting his butt to trade for Kyle orten. And than it was reported Ross balked st the trade and declined it.

    Or how about before last season when sparano got an extension and part of his contract said he must have more control over the roster, and specifically the draft.

    Stop being so damn hard headed. For you act like it's impossible that mike Sherman and philbin could of went up to Ireland and said, bring in Jtrain and tannehill, they fit our scheme and they use to play for me.

    Yeah, wow, thats impossible, no way that could of happened.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15,258
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    shefter said Ross chose philbin. If anyone would know, it's shefter.

    And believe it or not, coaches and owners make decisions too. Not just the gm. Just like last season when Ireland was busting his butt to trade for Kyle orten. And than it was reported Ross balked st the trade and declined it.

    Or how about before last season when sparano got an extension and part of his contract said he must have more control over the roster, and specifically the draft.

    Stop being so damn hard headed. For you act like it's impossible that mike Sherman and philbin could of went up to Ireland and said, bring in Jtrain and tannehill, they fit our scheme and they use to play for me.

    Yeah, wow, thats impossible, no way that could of happened.
    Adam Schefter also said that Bill Parcells would go to Atlanta(in 2008).

    Jeff Ireland wanted to draft Ryan Tannehill way before we brought in Philbin.
    During a recent appearance on PFT Live, King said that Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland knew he wanted to draft Tannehill as early as November after taking a scouting trip to College Station and Waco. During the trip, Ireland evaluated both Tannehill and Baylor's Robert Griffin III, and came away thinking the two were neck and neck. "[Ireland] didnít really know how it was going to shake out at that time, but there was a lot of growing buzz about Griffin, and as he measured the two, he thought that Tannehill was very, very close to Griffin," King said. "Thatís one of the reasons that they never got involved really heavily in the bidding for the No. 2 pick in this draft, because he knew that Tannehill could be had after Griffin."
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/col...ose-to-rg3.ece

    I guess you'll choose not to believe that since it makes Ireland look good.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •