Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: NFC North News

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
    I donīt like that
    Yeah me either. Mike will tell them to get f'd I bet.

I'm down at the rec center watchin' folks swim.

vCash
    Give the Bears permission to interview our OC? The guy who helps run our offense? The one who comes up with plays and signals? **** that, they can go kick rocks
    Last edited by TheBigCheese12; 01-01-2013 at 10:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    But he canīt block the interview. The Bears have now 1 or 2 weeks for the interview. It depends on the next game I believe.

There might be a few other coaches who could leave. But Clements would be a huge blow

vCash
    Norm, I know you've pointed out in the past how you feel that Rodgers has too much power as far as control on the offense in terms of plays (ala Peyton). So I guess that makes me wonder, how much does Clements have to do with the system. Or even Philbin before this season, for that matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    Norm, I know you've pointed out in the past how you feel that Rodgers has too much power as far as control on the offense in terms of plays (ala Peyton). So I guess that makes me wonder, how much does Clements have to do with the system. Or even Philbin before this season, for that matter.
    Hard to say. I know Clements is a WIZARD with QB's like Mike is too. Half of me wouldn't mind if he left to bring someone in who is more balanced but with Mike calling the plays it won't matter.

I'm down at the rec center watchin' folks swim.

vCash
    Hard to say. I know Clements is a WIZARD with QB's like Mike is too. Half of me wouldn't mind if he left to bring someone in who is more balanced but with Mike calling the plays it won't matter.
    That's my only concern with Clements. GB, in general, have proven to be consistently on top of the curve over the last 20 years at least as far as offensive innovation goes. So it's obviously a big reason why Clements is definitely one of the top guys for me along with Dennison and Chip Kelly. However, I just hope he isn't a Jim Caldwell, i.e. a product of a great QB.

vCash
    Chip Kelly is a very intriguing prospect for you guys, but it's still a bit of a risk.. I'd hate to see Clements go, well to the Bears at least.. But I wouldnt hate em.

vCash
    He may be a risk, but I truly think he's the next Belichick. The guy thinks new age, ala moneyball, and I love it.

I don't think we'll go for Chip for the simple fact that he appears to want personnel control as well as HC. At this point, I'm just happy that we have a management that appears to put a greater stress in advance statistical analysis than before.

Chip is undoubtedly a risky hire, but I truly believe that when we look back from now in 10 years or so assuming Kelly does get hired this season, whoever it is that hires him, we will be looking at one of the best organizations/coaches. I've followed and read enough about him to believe he's THAT good.

He is one of those rare coaches like a Belichick and Sean Payton who are on top of the curve that are slowly bringing this new age type scheming to the NFL.

If you want to know more about him, here's a great article that sums up what he essentially brings. Again, I don't see him being hired by the Bears happening, although I'd LOVE for it to happen. My money is actually on Clements as our next HC who is probably option 2a/b for me (tied between him and Rick Dennison) so I certainly won't complain either way.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/men-...revolution-nfl
    Last edited by kozelkid; 01-02-2013 at 01:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    Give the Bears permission to interview our OC? The guy who helps run our offense? The one who comes up with plays and signals? **** that, they can go kick rocks
    Packers cannot block a coordinator from interviewing for a HC job. Best they can do is dealy it a week, but I think he is required to interview before the divisional round of the playoffs.

vCash
    Well they granted the request to interview Clements
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 9
    Assist Tackles: 3
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 2
    Ints:1
    TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Well they granted the request to interview Clements
    Its not uncommon. Any type of promotion we'll grant. Coaching coming into GB got to respect that.

vCash
    By NFL rule, the Packers have to allow an interview for a head coaching position. If the Bears wanted him to be the OC, then the Packers could tell them no.

I believe it only applies to head coaching positions though.

vCash
    MM still calls the plays. If Clements left I'm sure they would find a suitable replacement. But ultimately the offensive play calls are still made by McCarthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwstriker299 View Post
    By NFL rule, the Packers have to allow an interview for a head coaching position. If the Bears wanted him to be the OC, then the Packers could tell them no.

I believe it only applies to head coaching positions though.
    Yeah now that I think about it your right.

vCash
    Profootballtalk reports that the Bears are "currently interviewing" Saints offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael Jr. for the team's head-coaching vacancy on Wednesday night.
    Clearly they are looking for an offensive minded coach.

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast