Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: NFC North News

vCash

Aaron Rodgers weighs in on 2012 NFL MVP race

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...2-nfl-mvp-race
    The NFL Most Valuable Player debate is usually left to fans on bar stools or capricious media members creating controversy.

Usually the players stay above the fray, giving boilerplate answers that won't end up on another team's bulletin board.

However, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, the 2011 MVP award winner, jumped into the discussion on Thursday, telling USA Today Sports' Lindsay Jones he understands he isn't in this year's picture, which comes down to "Adrian (Peterson) or Peyton (Manning)."

The Packers meet Peterson's Minnesota Vikings Saturday in a rubber match after the destructive running back dashed for 409 yards in the two previous meetings. One would think Rodgers would point to Peterson as his MVP after the back ran for 2,097 yards, if only to butter up the Vikings.

However, Rodgers has a larger bias.

"You've got to go with the quarterback," he said.

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

vCash
    The Miami Herald expects the Dolphins to "consider making a serious run" at free agent Greg Jennings this offseason.
    Jennings knows Dolphins coach Joe Philbin's offense from their time together in Green Bay. It's about as logical an offseason fit we can contemplate in 2013 free agency. Philbin has stated publicly that he doesn't believe free agency is the way to build a team, but the cap-rich Fins can afford to drop some coin on an established wideout, and Jennings would perfectly fit their mold.
    Not a big surprise really. I think he will end up there next season. Good bye GJ loved ya while you were here

There you go thumper

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    Not a big surprise really. I think he will end up there next season. Good bye GJ loved ya while you were here
    With McKenzie in the office I could see the Raiders making a play for him too.
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 66
    Assist Tackles: 28
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 6
    Ints:1
    TDs:

vCash
    Does somebody have news on Worthy's injury?
    I saw on his twitter account his knee seems to be doing alright, but I don't know what it's worth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobylehot View Post
    I saw on his twitter account his knee seems to be doing alright, but I don't know what it's worth.
    last time I heard and this has been alittle bit they said they were waiting for the swelling or bruising to go away or something like that before they could tell for sure what it is
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 66
    Assist Tackles: 28
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 6
    Ints:1
    TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobylehot View Post
    they are hopeful its a bone bruise but they more realistically thinking its something worse

vCash
    Packers DE Jerel Worthy underwent surgery for a torn ACL last week.
    So much for that initial bone bruise diagnosis. Worthy visited Dr. James Andrews in Florida on Tuesday and underwent the reconstruction. Green Bay's 2012 second-round pick will now be up against the clock to be ready for Week 1, and will most likely start the season on the PUP list. Worthy produced just 2.5 sacks in an all-around underwhelming rookie year.
    What a bummer. He showed some flashes but i was hoping the off season was going to help him become more consistent. We definitely need to get some DL help now for sure

There you go thumper

vCash
    What a bummer. He showed some flashes but i was hoping the off season was going to help him become more consistent. We definitely need to get some DL help now for sure
    Damn GB needs all the help they can get on the dline. His pass rush has potential but was basically non existent this year. I too was hoping this offseason would help him. I didn't see much of anything from him honestly. Neal was about the only Dline that looked like he could be a really good pass rusher. IMO this is a huge need to address during the draft. I read Worthy dropped his weight to 280 lbs though to rebuild his body. I wonder if this had something to do with his season struggles. that is way to light to play DE in Packers 3-4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    Damn GB needs all the help they can get on the dline. His pass rush has potential but was basically non existent this year. I too was hoping this offseason would help him. I didn't see much of anything from him honestly. Neal was about the only Dline that looked like he could be a really good pass rusher. IMO this is a huge need to address during the draft. I read Worthy dropped his weight to 280 lbs though to rebuild his body. I wonder if this had something to do with his season struggles. that is way to light to play DE in Packers 3-4.
    Yeah he showed some speed here and there but was never consistent with it. He probably does need to bulk up but that might take away some of his speed. I am just considering him depth as of right now, definitely not starter material. Just sucks cause guys like him and Perry are really going to need this offseason but it doesn't sound like Worthy will be able to experience it.

There you go thumper

vCash
    Yeah he showed some speed here and there but was never consistent with it. He probably does need to bulk up but that might take away some of his speed. I am just considering him depth as of right now, definitely not starter material. Just sucks cause guys like him and Perry are really going to need this offseason but it doesn't sound like Worthy will be able to experience it.
    Well 280 is is nearly 30 lbs lighter than he was at the combine. I guess he was trying to rebuild his body which is probably a good idea. Hopefully he can add back 20-25 lbs of pure muscle. The article said he was trying to lose baby fat.

Yeah the injury will hurt the Packers but I feel the Packers will be relying on Neal to progress more. He is their true pass rusher and I really hope he can be a 8-10 sack guy next year. I feel he has all the physical tools and showed extremely good flashes so we know he has IT.
    +

vCash
    Packers C Jeff Saturday announced his retirement from the NFL.
    "We'll finish it with sunsets in Hawaii and call it a much better career than I would have anticipated," said Saturday, a former undrafted free agent out of North Carolina. Saturday, 37, ends a 14-year career, 13 of which were spent with the Colts. Saturday made six Pro Bowl trips and was a two-time first-team All-Pro selection. He probably isn't a realistic Hall of Fame candidate, but he certainly deserves a spot in the Colts' Ring of Honor.
    No surprise.

There you go thumper

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233