Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

MM on our defense....

McCarthy on if Dom Capers will be back next season: No decisions made. Respects Dom Capers. "Everything top to bottom will be evaluated."
    5:08pm - 15 Jan 13

Rotoworld

From Jason Wylde

Coach Mike McCarthy neglected to give DC Dom Capers a vote of confidence on Tuesday, explaining that "everything top to bottom will be evaluated."
    McCarthy has "great faith" in and respects Capers, he says no decisions have been made on the defensive side of the ball. "Let's state the obvious," said McCarthy. "We gave up 579 yards of offense."

vCash
    uh ohh

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

vCash
    Neat

vCash
    I respect Capers and really appreciate for what he did for us in 2010/2011 but it's time to go. This defense needs to be shaken up and 579 in a divisional playoff round is the proof.

vCash
    As Mike Vandermause of the Green Bay Press Gazette points out, it is Ted Thompson - as opposed to the popular scapegoat Dom Capers - who has failed to arm this defense with sufficient talent. There's no true 3-4 defensive end on the team, leaving Ryan Pickett to play out of position next to B.J. Raji.

It actually seems as though Green Bay might be better suited to play a 4-3 defense - which is the only situation where I could see Dom Capers being fired - with Raji and Pickett inside and Nick Perry sliding back to his more natural defensive end position. Desmond Bishop becomes the true middle linebacker, Clay Matthews plays the Von Miller role as an outside linebacker and you have Brad Jones, who is already the best cover linebacker on the team, to move back outside.
    This is from the Thread titled "Don't Blame Aaron Rodgers for Green Bay's Playoff Failures"
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ayoff-Failures
    Last edited by XJW18; 01-15-2013 at 06:52 PM.

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

vCash
    That makes a lot of sense to me. We have some solid d linemen but I agree that I hate seeing Raji and Pickett out I position.

vCash
    I am the first to support and defend our players and coaches....but it's time to move on from Capers. I think MM realizes that. Whether or not he will act on it is another story.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    If you move to the 4-3 that means Hawk would be a goner saving $5 mill.

vCash
    Why move to the 4-3? Our best player on D is a perfect fit for the 3-4. We just drafted 6 defensive players, Nick Perry included, who will fit very well into the 3-4. Stay in it. Just bring in another D coordinator that will give us a fresh and new approach (within the same system)

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Perry is a natural d end. I see a lot more pass rush with 4 guys on the line if you ask me.

vCash
    True, Perry could definitely play in a 4-3. If you have the right guys I think a 4-3 is the best way to go too - I just think right now, with Clay being the anchor to this D, it's best to stay in 3-4.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    I personally want nothing to do with a defensive scheme change
    Last edited by XJW18; 01-15-2013 at 07:32 PM.

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

-Peter Bukowski

vCash
    I can understand not wanting to change because yes, Clay is our best player ad thrives in the 3-4. However, a 4-3 might help out quite a few people just as Bishop/Jones/Raji/Neal/Pickett.

vCash
    At this point i don't care what we do as long as our defense improves

There you go thumper

vCash
    Go 43? Lol........

And this is from the WIN NOW crowd.

Go for it. I can't wait to hear you scapegoat MM for making the decision after next year.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast