Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Any Skate fans on PSD?

I know Skate 3 isn't exactly a new game, but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if it's any good. My friend recently got herself a PS3 and has been given a copy of Skate 2 and it's a lot of fun. I'm particularly interested to know whether Hall of Meat is any better or worse on Skate 3, although when I buy it I'll be having a go at the other career mode stuff too.

The reason I ask is that Skate 3 is cheaper on Amazon than Skate 2, so I'm worried it might suck

vCash
    imho Skate 2 is a lot better than Skate 3. Skate 3 felt like it was made on an assembly line. Features are just randomly placed all over the map without any effort. Skate 2 has an amazing world. Also, Skate 2's multiplayer is much better if you're interested in that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    imho Skate 2 is a lot better than Skate 3. Skate 3 felt like it was made on an assembly line. Features are just randomly placed all over the map without any effort. Skate 2 has an amazing world. Also, Skate 2's multiplayer is much better if you're interested in that.
    Yeah I think the world is great in Skate 2, there's plenty of variety and for the most part it looks great. I read that the city in Skate 3 is 'skater friendly' and you don't have any security guards chasing you, which kind of sucks. I like ****ing around with the guards and occasionally getting clobbered by them

I don't play online multiplayer too often but I do play with friends, so that's another point to Skate 2 if it's better there.

vCash
    Im a beast in Skate. My fav game ever is skate 2. I have 1500/1500 gamerscore for 2 and 3 and 990\1000 for skate 1.
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Yeah I think the world is great in Skate 2, there's plenty of variety and for the most part it looks great. I read that the city in Skate 3 is 'skater friendly' and you don't have any security guards chasing you, which kind of sucks. I like ****ing around with the guards and occasionally getting clobbered by them

I don't play online multiplayer too often but I do play with friends, so that's another point to Skate 2 if it's better there.

Yeah man the multiplayer in skate 3 is full of all sorts of glitched tricks. Not really fun at all.

I freaking loved skate 2 though.. Such an awesome game.

vCash
    Skate Series is awsome. I would also say that 2 is the best of the series. Great city, so many cool spots where you can spend hours just trying to nail a line.
    3 is still fun but the City hasn't that great feel to it like in 2 and it went more in the direction of huge tricks and stunts. What I really liked about the Series was, that you could spend hours trying to do relatively small stuff.

vCash
    Looks like I'm picking Skate 2 up this weekend then. Thanks guys!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    Skate Series is awsome. I would also say that 2 is the best of the series. Great city, so many cool spots where you can spend hours just trying to nail a line.
    3 is still fun but the City hasn't that great feel to it like in 2 and it went more in the direction of huge tricks and stunts. What I really liked about the Series was, that you could spend hours trying to do relatively small stuff.
    I totally agree with you. Skate 3 looked and felt more like a Tony Hawk game.