Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Illegal Touching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWfsTXqZ064

the push was 2 seconds before josh threw the ball....mike took 6 steps after he came back in before he caught the ball

Go back and watch the play.....pause it at 10 seconds, when you see mike getting pushed

Josh is still in the pocket, he is right next to the hash mark which is inside the tackles when the play started

should of been illegal contact which could have been declined

Touchdown Buccaneers

Can anybody find a whole in this logic? Is this Offensive PI on Kellen Winslow all over again?

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Man you know the refs always screw the bucs.

Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.

vCash
    No point in even worrying about it man over the past few season between the uncalled hits on freeman, the bad penalties and non penalties for us this year and the fact that if your team isn't bringing a lot of revenue to the league your considered unimportant I am almost at the point of not watching games. I highly doubt I would ever do such a thing, but I truly believe if that we're the broncos patriots or our beloved saints on offense we would have been flagged. For me it almost takes the fun out of watching the games.

vCash
    This call honestly got on my nerves, especially considering I felt like we got chipped on that weird unsportsmanlike penalty on the field goal. But the fact is those plays arent why we lost. We lost because we blew a 14-0 lead. We lost because we let Brees throw for 4 touchdowns in the first half. We lost because we couldnt get the ball in the endzone with first and goal from the one(i'll cut Jackson some slack since he had a calf strain and still had 216 receiving yards).

We just need to use these bad calls as motivation and give the Vikings a primetime nationally televised *** whooping.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

vCash
    ^^I get your point, don't let it come to that and such.

I somewhat agree but the fact is, we did lose the game because of that call. It nullified a game tying touchdown and ended the game. The unsportsmanlike conduct really grinds my gears as well.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    I hope this just makes the Bucs offense that much more hungry. If we can put up that kind of offense week in and week out, we have a shot against any team that don't have Drew Brees.

I think the refs should have called it a TD, and reviewed it. That would have been the logical call IMO.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

7. 10-23-2012, 12:19 PM
    Reason
    Trolling idiotic insults and name calling, and then quoting it.

vCash
    Here's a screenshot:
    http://www.jamalwilburg.com/6/post/2...inal-pass.html

Here's an interesting article on the situation:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-to-be-changed
    Last edited by Gdubbz; 10-23-2012 at 12:46 PM.

9. 10-23-2012, 12:48 PM
    Reason
    Trolling idiotic insults and name calling, and then quoting it.

vCash
    I think the rule is a joke anyways. How is it that a player can physically push another player out of bounds and it be legal in any sort of way. But a player can't yell "MOVE" before a snap or it's a penalty.....what kind of mickey mouse ***** is this? I guess that whole "sticks and stones" phrase goes out the window when we get to the NFL. Words do hurt the Saints.

vCash
    ^Ha! Nicely stated.

vCash

Illegal Shift

OCTOBER 22, 2012

NFL says "words," not shifting, were disconcerting to the snap and caused Bucs penalty on FG

The Bucs were penalized for using 'words,' designed to disconcert the New Orleans Saints at the snap of a field goal attempt that resulted in a critical unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, the NFL clarified Monday.

The shifting prior to the snap was legal, the league said.

With the Bucs trailing by a touchdown in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 35-28 loss to New Orleans, Saints place-kicker Garrett Hartley lined up to attempt a 51-yard field goal. Just before the snap, linebacker Mason Foster called for a line shift. The play was whistled dead and the Bucs were penalized 15-yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.

The Saints went on to complete a 95-yard drive for a touchdown to extend their lead to 14 points.

Bucs coach Greg Schiano had maintained the play, which was used without penalty in a game against the Washington Redskins several weeks ago, was legal.

The NFL agreed with him Monday -- sort of.

While the shift prior to the snap was legal, apparently what Foster said was not.

According to league spokesman Jon Zimmer, "Tampa Bay was penalized yesterday for Unsportsmanlike Conduct for using disconcerting signals, defined as 'words designed to disconcert an offensive team at the snap,' in Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1 of the NFL rule book.

Posted by Rick Stroud at 5:10:32 pm on October 22, 2012
    What a joke. Mason was quoted I believe as saying "shift" during that play. What else is he supposed to do shoot a flare?

vCash
    It's completely ******** he has to be loud to get a message to all the players in time for them to do it.

Yet QBs are heralded for their use of the Hard count and such....I watch games sometimes and half the o line will stand up look back point things out and it's not a penalty. BS

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    The illegal touching penalty was the correct call, as per the rules. My issue is with the rule. What's the keep defenders from purposely pushing receivers out of bounds, knowing that's the easiest way to prevent a touchdown? Why not push Vincent Jackson and Dallas Clark out too and force Freeman to run? Terrible rule.

vCash
    Hah. Forgot to hide my outdated Sig. Sorry