Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Bucs do with Josh Freeman?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give Freeman a long-term extension

16 44.44%
  • Give Freeman one more season

10 27.78%
  • Sign/draft a Quarterback for competition

15 41.67%
  • Sign/Draft a replacement for Freeman this off-season (Be specific)

1 2.78%
  • Release or trade Freeman as soon as possible

1 2.78%
  • Other (Please specify)

1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOsfan View Post
    Always check in here sometimes to see how the forums going, Quik does the same with the Jags forum.

Considering i've spoken to you like 1-2 times I'm not sure where you get that information at...

Just because Shorts is playing ok doesn't mean you have to expect Blackmon to light the world on fire. Regardless, the guy is a rookie, and you can't expect a rookie to come in and be like AJ Green was. Not all players progress the same. Cecil Shorts for example, he had like 2-3 catches last year, he's been a big part of the offense this year. It also depends on how the chemistry between the receiver and the QB is...obviously him and Gabbert don't have great chemistry.

You cant just look at stats and say a player is doing bad is what im saying, there is a lot more that go into it.
    I'm not trying to crucify the guy. Im just calling it like it is today. He was a top 5 pick. He has not played like one, I think it is clear to say. So far he has played nowhere near the level of Luck, RG3, Trent or Kalil. So in terms of top 5 his play and impact have been poor. I would expect him to be performing at a higher level. While there are some valid reasons why he may be hindered we don't want to get in the habit of maxing excuses

For instance there are a million reasons why Mark Barron could legitimately struggle. Average pass rush, sometimes with the complete inability to get to the passer. One corner who can be shaky sometimes suspended, the other a FA with an up and down history. A 37 year old vet in his first year ever playing safety. Odds are not and were not in his favor. He has came out and produced. I understand it's different for wide recievers, but Mike Williams was in a very similar position in 2010 and made the most out of it. Blackmon needs to step it up and get the job done.

Lastly, it's not his fault he was drafted that high. Some people including myself like Floyd a little better. If there had been a better WR class I think he goes mid to late first. If I was you Id be asking some real questions about the GM's decisions in the past few years not just specifically this. I'm sure you guys are or some of you.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    i was about to type "not this thread again' lol

If you have great defense, create turnovers and great special teams, you can win 10 games - Lovie Smith

vCash
    so...how big is the extension going to be he's getting this off season?

funny how fast things change...
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

vCash
    ^^^Yep.

Here's some fun facts for the haters... Per JoeBucsFan:

Interceptions Tied for 5th fewest
    Touchdown passes Tied for 5th most
    TD/Interception ratio 4th best
    Sacks taken 4th fewest
    QB rating 7th best
    Completions of 20 yards or more 6th best
    Completion percentage 30th

vCash
    People were booing him hard on that sideline throw to Lorig from our 20 that sailed on him a bit and I couldn't believe it. No one but Lorig had a shot at it. So what's the big deal? QB's throw incompletions. I just don't know what folks expect. Perfection...? I mean, sure it might have been a TD, but at least it wasn't a pick. He's making good decisions and, more importantly, putting up points.
    Last edited by TKiv18; 11-12-2012 at 03:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbucsfan View Post
    so...how big is the extension going to be he's getting this off season?

funny how fast things change...
    Crazy right, what the change of things can do for a player, they close the book on him and he silence the doubters lol! Comedy...
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TKiv18 View Post
    People were booing him hard on that sideline throw to Lorig from our 20 that sailed on him a bit and I couldn't believe it. No one but Lorig had a shot at it. So what's the big deal? QB's throw incompletions. I just don't know what folks expect. Perfection...? I mean, sure it might have been a TD, but at least it wasn't a pick. He's making good decisions and, more importantly, putting up points.
    Right, there no perfect players!

vCash
    Let's face it fans do expect perfection that's why they're called fans short for fanatic lol. Does anyone on here expect Free to go to the pro bowl? He's had a heck of a year and he's been clutch which is what any fan can want. Ever since they opened the play book for him the offense has gone from night to day. That's why he should go to the probowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5surretts View Post
    Let's face it fans do expect perfection that's why they're called fans short for fanatic lol. Does anyone on here expect Free to go to the pro bowl? He's had a heck of a year and he's been clutch which is what any fan can want. Ever since they opened the play book for him the offense has gone from night to day. That's why he should go to the probowl.
    There a good chance , hes already on the verge of his best career performance and he was considered a runner up in 2o1o!

vCash
    It would be extremely hard to make pro bowl, its a popularity contest.

Doug, Vincent and Mike have better shots.

Rodgers and Brees will definitely go. Matt Ryan, Eli Manning would be competing with him and thats hard because theyre more established.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Guys check this out

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...er-passing.htm

Josh Freeman is 4th all time in passing yards for the franchise, he is 1500 yards behind Doug Williams, and 1800 behind Trent Dilfer. He has a real shot at passing both of them this year and if he doesnt pass Trent hes guaranteed to next year. He is 3700 yards behind Vinny Testaverde. I am almost positive he will be the leading passer in FRANCHISE HISTORY by the end of next year.

He is also 4th in passing touchdowns in Franchise History and only needs 8 to break Testaverdes mark. He has a real shot to do that this year as well, with less than half the interceptions might I add.

Meanwhile he is well within striking distance of most single season franchise passing records(yards, tds, etc.)

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Guys check this out

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...er-passing.htm

Josh Freeman is 4th all time in passing yards for the franchise, he is 1500 yards behind Doug Williams, and 1800 behind Trent Dilfer. He has a real shot at passing both of them this year and if he doesnt pass Trent hes guaranteed to next year. He is 3700 yards behind Vinny Testaverde. I am almost positive he will be the leading passer in FRANCHISE HISTORY by the end of next year.

He is also 4th in passing touchdowns in Franchise History and only needs 8 to break Testaverdes mark. He has a real shot to do that this year as well, with less than half the interceptions might I add.

Meanwhile he is well within striking distance of most single season franchise passing records(yards, tds, etc.)

Nice stats there!

vCash
    So how much are we going to have to pay 5 to keep his services? If he continues to play like this it will be several truckloads by my estimation.....

vCash
    I dont know all depends on years and whether theyre paying him for what hes done, or what they expect him to do.

Rivers and Eli both signed 7 year deals woth about 100 million. Matt Schaub signed a 5 year deal worth 66 million. Alex Smith 3 years 24 million.

Wouldnt be surprised if he got a 5 year 60-70 million deal or 6 years 70-80 million

I dont think they go 7 and highly doubt they go under 5...

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    or they could give him V Jaxs 5 year $55,555,555 contract

Let's go Bucs

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast