Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Bucs do with Josh Freeman?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give Freeman a long-term extension

16 44.44%
  • Give Freeman one more season

10 27.78%
  • Sign/draft a Quarterback for competition

15 41.67%
  • Sign/Draft a replacement for Freeman this off-season (Be specific)

1 2.78%
  • Release or trade Freeman as soon as possible

1 2.78%
  • Other (Please specify)

1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbucsfan View Post
    I say we need to bring in a backup quarterback through free agency and not the draft. If Freeman is injured for a few games a rookie QB wont let us be as competitive as someone who has experience in the NFL.

Brian Hoyer might be a good backup after all those years behind Tom Brady and learning from Bill Bellichick. Or maybe we could go after Jason Campbell who has years of experience starting in the NFL.
    I disagree on the rookie part, respectfully. Rookies are more competitive than old back ups because they are new and no one knows them. If we drafted a game managing qb I would like that better. Last few years the rookies have been nfl ready, they just have to learn a play book, no different than a vet. Plus, getting a free agent qb you know the limits.

vCash
    Bucs GM Mark Dominik says he wants to "increase the competition" at quarterback, but that it's not a greater priority than any other position.
    Dominik has made it clear he believes Josh Freeman has to be better in 2013, but he still took some positives away from his 2012. "There are things he did this year that were as good as (Freeman's) been," Dominik said. "Throwing the deep ball, the accuracy on some of the big plays, I thought he used his feet better this year." Dominik has singled out Freeman's completion percentage — a woeful 54.8 in 2012 — as something that must improve, but it's clear Freeman is in no danger of losing his starting job. However, Freeman is all but certain to enter the final year of his rookie contract without an extension.
    Make him earn his money.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

vCash
    Bleacher Report is on crack right now

LMFAO

They put Josh at #32 out of all NFL QBs...with Bradford, Rivers, Henne, Cousins and a ton of ****** QBs ahead of him....****ing hilarious

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    There is no reason to replace Freeman, in fact we should resign him now to prevent having to pay him a boat load of money if he has a stellar season, he had more yards and touchdowns than Joe Flacco who is commanding a 20 million a year contract and only 5 less in completion percentage and 6 less in passer rating, in fact their stats are near identical. If Freeman had Flacco's defense he would have made the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DTop80 View Post
    There is no reason to replace Freeman, in fact we should resign him now to prevent having to pay him a boat load of money if he has a stellar season, he had more yards and touchdowns than Joe Flacco who is commanding a 20 million a year contract and only 5 less in completion percentage and 6 less in passer rating, in fact their stats are near identical. If Freeman had Flacco's defense he would have made the playoffs.
    Flacco has come up big in big games, Freeman has yet to prove hes able to do that.

vCash
    Flaccos defense has also not squandered every lead he got them.

vCash
    Best way to not let your D squander a lead is to keep your O on the field.....

vCash
    didnt mean to re-hash this entire thread

those b/r rankings are ****ed up tho

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    People who write for the Bleacher Report have about as much credibility as we do, so i really wouldn't take anything on there to heart.

vCash
    Some Interesting Stats from the last 8 games of the last 2 season for Free...

Att Com Yds % Avg TD INT QBR RAT
    345 586 3887 59.1 6.74 20 24 46.5 75.9

Record 3-13

Conclusion he needs to prove he can play well for the whole season especially the 2nd half when games are most important and against good and bad teams before hes deserving of a big time deal in my mind.

vCash
    thats a very jaded statistic on your part...

first 9 games of last year 18 tds 5 ints

2 games last year......2, only 2 with more ints than tds

9 games with more tds than ints

7 games with 0 ints

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Yes he did have a good start to the season last year but sadly when we really needed wins in the final 8 games he just did not produce with a 55% completion percentage and 11 TD's to 12 INT's. Im sorry but that's just not acceptable. I just hope next season he can do what he did at the beginning of last year but through the whole season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    Yes he did have a good start to the season last year but sadly when we really needed wins in the final 8 games he just did not produce with a 55% completion percentage and 11 TD's to 12 INT's. Im sorry but that's just not acceptable. I just hope next season he can do what he did at the beginning of last year but through the whole season.
    Yeah Im sure it had nothing to do with the injuries on the offensive line that were depleting us.

You know what else? Wide Recievers not named Jackson or Williams looked really good down the stretch.

Tiquan played bad towards the end of the year...after him there was nobody...
    Dallas Clark played bad, I personally put at least 4 interceptions on him including "I lost it in the lights"

I would also love for you to go look not only overall productivity but efficiency of Doug Martin in the games where Freeman really struggled.

Here I'll make it a little easier 1.8 yards per carry vs the Saints......1.8 YARDS PER CARRY....is it a wonder that down with the little hopes of the season on the line and our injury plagued line not protecting the QB or allowing the RB to do much of anything that Josh had to throw the ball and force things that weren't there??

My main point is...there is a real correlation with the injuries on our offensive line, their declining success towards the end of the season and Josh's struggles

Doug had 6 games with 90 yards rushing or more 5 were wins 1 was a loss

Hard to win games when your struggling running the ball wouldn't you say?

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Doug had 905 rushing yards in our 7 wins...129/game

He had 549 rushing yards in our 9 losses ...61/game

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

and thats without even talking defense at all bro...like the eagles game, the giants game, the redskins game, even the first atl game....4 losses directly on the defenses play in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    That depleted Oline still gave up the 4th fewest sacks and the 9th fewest qb hits in the NFL so even with them Josh had time to make plays.

Toward the end of the season teams realized all they needed to do was load the box to stop Doug and make sure they had help over the top to stop the bomb. That's why Doug's stats slowed down to almost a standstill, teams did not respect Josh being able to beat them over the middle and with his accuracy. People figured us out and we did not adapt at all to how we were being played. Our lack of reliable slot receivers or TE helped that for sure but also Josh's lack of accuracy is really what hurt us, A franchise qb should be able to make even moderate wt/te's look better by throwing them open, We cant have a whole team of Vincent Jacksons, part of it needs to be Josh making our players look better.

You people focus on the fact that our D gave up those last min td/fg's but do you really forget that our O either punted it back to them (phi), missed a long fg (atl), didnt kill enough clock (wsh, nyg). The blame goes both ways i just don't understand how everyone on here think Josh should come out smelling like roses. I understand homerism but the simple fact is Josh needs to play better and by everything Dom has said he agrees with me.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast