Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Bucs do with Josh Freeman?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give Freeman a long-term extension

16 44.44%
  • Give Freeman one more season

10 27.78%
  • Sign/draft a Quarterback for competition

15 41.67%
  • Sign/Draft a replacement for Freeman this off-season (Be specific)

1 2.78%
  • Release or trade Freeman as soon as possible

1 2.78%
  • Other (Please specify)

1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i would be willing to pay that contract, it wont be crazy high, hes not going to win mvp or something

my biggest fears are him wanting to test FA and us letting him, or tagging him and he walks away the next year

BREAK A LEG McCOWN
    YOU DESERVE IT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PewterNRed View Post
    cool mystery statistic you have there.. here are some actual stats that might change the hater’s minds. These are the stats of some “elite” qbs in their 4th season. He’s still 24 too, all of these guys were older bc Josh came out early...

Josh Freeman: 4,065 yds 54.8 Comp% 7.29 AVG 27 TD 17 INT

Tom Brady: 3,620 yds 60.2 Comp% 6.87 AVG 23 TD 12 INT

Peyton Manning: 4,131 yds 62.7 Comp% 7.55 AVG 26 TD 23 INT

Eli Manning: 3,336 yds 56.1 Comp% 6.31 AVG 23 TD 20 INT

Joe Flacco: 3,610 yds 57.6 Comp% 6.66 AVG 20 TD 12 INT
    Some other interesting stats from those "Elite" QB's 4th Year.....

Joe Flacco 12-4, Lost in the AFC Championship game

Eli Manning 10-6, Superbowl Champion

Peyton Manning 6-10, No Playoffs

Tom Brady 14-2, Superbowl Champion

vCash
    why don't you look up there defenses bud

all 3(excluding peyton) of those guys had stellar top notch defenses

BREAK A LEG McCOWN
    YOU DESERVE IT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    why don't you look up there defenses bud

all 3(excluding peyton) of those guys had stellar top notch defenses
    Thats awesome for them my point is that just throwing stats out are meaningless much like yours all and all the other guys who have that idiotic Signature stats don't matter unless its fantasy football. The bucs have had a team long history of bad offences so to pat yourself on the back with stats is fine. My problem is when games were big this season Freeman played small, That's huge problem he seems to do awesome against lesser teams but when we have to play a good team he seems to regress. This season we beat 2 playoff teams the vikings and the falcons (who already clinched and could tell there hearts weren't into the game). I want him to become our franchise QB with all my heart and i still wear my Freeman jersey with pride but Im no longer making excuses for the guy he needs prove that hes worth a big time contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PewterNRed View Post
    cool mystery statistic you have there.. here are some actual stats that might change the hater’s minds. These are the stats of some “elite” qbs in their 4th season. He’s still 24 too, all of these guys were older bc Josh came out early...

Josh Freeman: 4,065 yds 54.8 Comp% 7.29 AVG 27 TD 17 INT

Tom Brady: 3,620 yds 60.2 Comp% 6.87 AVG 23 TD 12 INT

Peyton Manning: 4,131 yds 62.7 Comp% 7.55 AVG 26 TD 23 INT

Eli Manning: 3,336 yds 56.1 Comp% 6.31 AVG 23 TD 20 INT

Joe Flacco: 3,610 yds 57.6 Comp% 6.66 AVG 20 TD 12 INT
    I was really buying into what you were selling there, until you listed J. Flacco under your list of elite QB's Hahahah

vCash
    whats is your end game brewhouse? would u like to go around in circles, i have shown i will if need be.

He has put up the numbers, the stats. He clearly has played the quarterback position better than anybody we've had in Tampa at a very young age with years of growth and development still ahead of him, while already putting up tons of points and etc.

The point of my signature is, this is the pinnacle of our QB history for the franchise and people are *****ing and moaning. You honestly would think we had Matt Cassell or some bum at QB the way some of these "guys", maybe including yourself, talk.

The fact is Josh is only going to get better from this pinnacle, there really is NO discussion to even have. If this team had any of those other 3 defenses we would have made the playoffs and made it at least to the second round, at least.

BREAK A LEG McCOWN
    YOU DESERVE IT

vCash
    I think we should trade J. Freeman for J. Skelton straight up!

vCash
    @aecon13 haha i found this stat on another forum and i mean flacco keeps saying he is elite (maybe this is his year, they’re crushing offensive post season stats). That’s also why i put it in quotes.

We’re asking freeman to dig us back out of holes that the defense creates so he has to throw a lot more. We had the lead in the 4th quarter against a lot of good teams and we put it on him to march down and win games. Not exactly the greatest way to measure his stats. I agree he does need to step up but again we haven’t exactly set him up for success by having new coaches/OC’s/systems/etc. If he can’t improve this year then i agree maybe we start to look else where, i’m just trying to show he’s not that bad.

vCash
    THATS COMPLETELY UNFAIR

We have to give them a 2nd round pick in 2014 and 2015 as well.

BREAK A LEG McCOWN
    YOU DESERVE IT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    whats is your end game brewhouse? would u like to go around in circles, i have shown i will if need be.

He has put up the numbers, the stats. He clearly has played the quarterback position better than anybody we've had in Tampa at a very young age with years of growth and development still ahead of him, while already putting up tons of points and etc.

The point of my signature is, this is the pinnacle of our QB history for the franchise and people are *****ing and moaning. You honestly would think we had Matt Cassell or some bum at QB the way some of these "guys", maybe including yourself, talk.

The fact is Josh is only going to get better from this pinnacle, there really is NO discussion to even have. If this team had any of those other 3 defenses we would have made the playoffs and made it at least to the second round, at least.
    My end game is i want us to win period not just against the panthers of the world but to win against quality teams. I want him to do well i do but anyone that thinks he plays up to top level competition at this stage in his career is just fooling themselves. You people lay the blame of our lack of success on everything but for some reason he gets out of it smelling like roses. Sure our pass D was horrible, And Raheem lost the team, and he didn't have enough weapons, and he was just a rookie, but tell me how can guys like Andrew Luck (26th Ranked D) and RG3 (28th Ranked D) get there teams to the playoffs in there first season? If the guy is going to be our franchise QB he needs to be held accountable for the fact hes never played a playoff game yet. I'm rooting for the guy and i think he has all the tools to be great but as apparent by our front offices seemingly lack of urgency to sign him to a long term deal they like me are waiting and hoping but becoming impatient.

vCash
    ^Okay, so your borrm line is Freeman is not safe yet? Yes, we know. That is why there has been no urgency to give him a contract. Maybe Dom is not convinced, and even if we was, maybe Free does not want to sign a contract right now because he feels he can increase his value next year. Either way, he will be our QB next season, and I just don't understand why this is still a topic!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    ^Okay, so your borrm line is Freeman is not safe yet? Yes, we know. That is why there has been no urgency to give him a contract. Maybe Dom is not convinced, and even if we was, maybe Free does not want to sign a contract right now because he feels he can increase his value next year. Either way, he will be our QB next season, and I just don't understand why this is still a topic!
    Its the off season we need to argue about stuff to make things interesting until free agency and the draft are closer lol

vCash
    ^ I agree dude, I just feel like this arguement has really draged along, and nobody is bringing anything new to the table. Every once in a while somebody comes on here and says something really stupid like "trade Freeman for Colt Mccoy", but besides that, it is the same thing over and over. One side says he is clearly the guy, and the other side says they are not conviced yet. If we were in the offseason that Freeman either needed to re-sign or he is gone, I would undersatnd the significance of the on going debate, but the fact is he has one more season to play. In 2013 he could get better, regress more, or play the same. We will have plenty to talk about on this subject next offseason.

vCash
    The point is consistancy. Its completely unfair for anyone to judge a QB off of 5-6 games. I am not trying to knock anyone who cannot watch the games due to location but if you havent seen every or most games, how can you possibly give an objective opinion? If you actually sit and watch the games and judge his performance, he played VERY well most of the season. I think everyone starts to get a little nervous after he had a few bad games at the end of the season. I choose to think he is the QB that had 11 very good and some great games than the 5 bad ones. The FACT is, we would be a 10-11 win team had it not been for our D handing the game to opponents on the last posession. With Free's same performance but with those few extra wins, would this thread even exist? I think not.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    I say we need to bring in a backup quarterback through free agency and not the draft. If Freeman is injured for a few games a rookie QB wont let us be as competitive as someone who has experience in the NFL.

Brian Hoyer might be a good backup after all those years behind Tom Brady and learning from Bill Bellichick. Or maybe we could go after Jason Campbell who has years of experience starting in the NFL.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast