Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Bucs do with Josh Freeman?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give Freeman a long-term extension

16 44.44%
  • Give Freeman one more season

10 27.78%
  • Sign/draft a Quarterback for competition

15 41.67%
  • Sign/Draft a replacement for Freeman this off-season (Be specific)

1 2.78%
  • Release or trade Freeman as soon as possible

1 2.78%
  • Other (Please specify)

1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    How many Super Bowl Winning QBs do we have to give up way too early on?

If Josh Freeman signs a 5 year deal the Bucs will win a Super Bowl by the time that contract ends.

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    How many Super Bowl Winning QBs do we have to give up way too early on?

If Josh Freeman signs a 5 year deal the Bucs will win a Super Bowl by the time that contract ends.
    We gave up one actually. One the most accurate (keyword "accurate") of all time, who was on one the greatest teams ever.

Please don't tell me Trent differ is your other?
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Official : Bucs WILL NOT extend freeman

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/1/6/3...2013-nfl-draft

Can't blame them. We don't wanna be Sanchezied, Flynn'd or Schaub'd
    So you wanna get Rivers'd

If the Bucs see a first-round quarterback they like dropping to them, will they really pass up that opportunity? Remember: with Drew Brees as their starting quarterback, the San Diego Chargers did exactly that in 2004 when they selected Eli Manning and then brokered a trade for Philip Rivers.
    How did that work out for the Chargers? The Saints got Brees who won them a championship and multiple playoff games and the Chargers got Rivers who absolutely blows and they haven't done anything.

It's such a joke that people support this bullshot and use Brees-Rivers as an example.

The real problem is that these haters will rue the day they let Josh go if they get their way and by that time it will be too later. Such a shame people want to destory our future. Be prepared for a repeast of the last 10 years people....holy ****

We Want Winston

vCash
    This could just be them letting him know hes not untouchable. I dont want to extend him but I dont want to give up on him either.

Could they possibly be trying to downplay him and get him at a cheaper extension?

vCash
    Guys, this story is far from official. Just look at who wrote the original article: Rick Stroud.

Coach Schiano didn't announce this, nor did Mark Dominik or anyone else working at One Buc Place. This was a speculation article written by a man that has been wrong time and time again. He said that Aqib Talib will be released after the whole pistol-whipping incident, was clueless about last year's head coaching search, and even wrote an article last year about the Bucs drafting a linebacker named "David Lavonte".

Freeman could very well not be extended this offseason, but take articles like this with a grain of salt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    We gave up one actually. One the most accurate (keyword "accurate") of all time, who was on one the greatest teams ever.

Please don't tell me Trent differ is your other?
    There are actually 3 Quarterbacks who left this organization only to win a Super Bowl with another, and yes Trent Dilfer is one of them. How much better than Dilfer is Freeman for comparison.

1. Doug Williams who Culverhouse refused to pay went to the USFL, then came back and beat John Elway in the Super Bowl for the Redskins 42-10

2. Steve Young was traded because he was deemed "a bust" after 2 years with the team for a 2nd and 4th round pick. Those picks got us LB Winston Moss and WR Bruce Hill.

Steve Young went on to be one of the top 25 greatest QBs in NFL history and throw 6 TDs in the 1994 Super Bowl against the Chargers.

3. Trent was let go because of inconsistent play and in his first year as a Raven took over lost his first game then won the last 7 of the regular season and 4 in the playoffs including the Super Bowl, ending on the season on an 11 game win streak.

Josh Freeman will win a Super Bowl here or elsewhere, if the Buccaneers let him walk or trade him, it will be the biggest mistake in the history of the Franchise and I for one will be absolutely beside myself.

We Want Winston

vCash
    Does anybody deny that we are in a great place moving forward?

Great Young Players, Key Veterans....we are building a complete footbal team and yearly contender

you know how you F that up? By doing something extremely stupid like letting go of the greatest QB in Franchise History and a top 10 QB in the NFL. He is top 10, his yards say it, his tds say it, the offense as a whole says it.

We have a top 10 offense, since when is that not good enough?

We Want Winston

vCash
    I dont think Greg Schiano or Mark Dominick are stupid enough to replace him.

Yardage wise we were the 9th best offense last year. Better than the Packers, the Giants, the Steelers, and the Bengals. I dont think any of those teams are thinking about replacing their quarterbacks.

Our offense showed the potential this year to be the best in the league and Im not exaggerating at all. Taking into account that this year our offense had lots of new players and new coaches I think with another offseason to work out the kinks next year will be a coming out party.

Stop panicking.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

vCash
    So you wanna get Rivers'd

How did that work out for the Chargers? The Saints got Brees who won them a championship and multiple playoff games and the Chargers got Rivers who absolutely blows and they haven't done anything.

It's such a joke that people support this bullshot and use Brees-Rivers as an example.

The real problem is that these haters will rue the day they let Josh go if they get their way and by that time it will be too later. Such a shame people want to destory our future. Be prepared for a repeast of the last 10 years people....holy ****
    That's one exapmle, but there are others as well. How about the Packers useing a first on Rodgers, when they already had Favre? And don't say Farve was old. Nobody saw any possibility of the Packers doing that. They also used a 2nd rounder on B. Brohm and also drafted M. Flynn even though they were set w/ their #1.

Im not argueing that you are wrong, and for the record, I woud be pissed if we spent a first round pick on a qb. Im just saying that are always more then one way to look at something.

As for the extention- if they extend him this year, it proves that Shiano knows he is the guy. If they wait another year, it proves that they are not 100% sold yet. There is nothing more to it then that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    Guys, this story is far from official. Just look at who wrote the original article: Rick Stroud.

Coach Schiano didn't announce this, nor did Mark Dominik or anyone else working at One Buc Place. This was a speculation article written by a man that has been wrong time and time again. He said that Aqib Talib will be released after the whole pistol-whipping incident, was clueless about last year's head coaching search, and even wrote an article last year about the Bucs drafting a linebacker named "David Lavonte".

Freeman could very well not be extended this offseason, but take articles like this with a grain of salt.
    Lol, yea I typically believe the exact opposite of what R. Stroud says. Ill never forget hearing him on the radio argueing that the Talib tarde was a complete unplanned coincidence. Basically trying to explain why he was wrong about him being cut so many times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    That's one exapmle, but there are others as well. How about the Packers useing a first on Rodgers, when they already had Favre? And don't say Farve was old. Nobody saw any possibility of the Packers doing that. They also used a 2nd rounder on B. Brohm and also drafted M. Flynn even though they were set w/ their #1.

Im not argueing that you are wrong, and for the record, I woud be pissed if we spent a first round pick on a qb. Im just saying that are always more then one way to look at something.

As for the extention- if they extend him this year, it proves that Shiano knows he is the guy. If they wait another year, it proves that they are not 100% sold yet. There is nothing more to it then that.
    Brett Favre was 36, Josh is going to be 25. They really are different situations.

I'm not gonna blow my lid if they draft a guy in the 4th or later because I dont like Dan as a backup, even tho I think the pick could be used in other places that would be better for the team. I'm just really sick of people not supporting this guy. He is a Quarterback and he did his job damn well this year and the biggest reason why we had a Top 10 offense. When did that stop being good enough, especially for us? Have we ever had a top 10 offense?

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post

I completely agree with this.

I think we are in great hands here with Greg Schiano, fellas. You can just tell that Schiano is 110% committed to winning and will do whatever it takes to lead this team to another Super Bowl. He's earned my respect, and I'll support whatever decision he makes.

Schiano has said himself that he thinks Josh will win Super Bowls. I think he genuinely believes that. At the same time, though, I don't think he'll be afraid to pull the trigger on another quarterback if he thinks he has a better chance of winning. I would imagine that he will be spending plenty of time this offseason watching college football tape and at least exploring the possibility of drafting another Quarterback. Who knows, he might fall in love with one of the Quarterback prospects despite the fact that this draft class looks pretty weak at this point.

vCash
    Brett Favre was 36, Josh is going to be 25. They really are different situations.

I'm not gonna blow my lid if they draft a guy in the 4th or later because I dont like Dan as a backup, even tho I think the pick could be used in other places that would be better for the team. I'm just really sick of people not supporting this guy. He is a Quarterback and he did his job damn well this year and the biggest reason why we had a Top 10 offense. When did that stop being good enough, especially for us? Have we ever had a top 10 offense?
    I think people are just panicking. Many wanted a playoff berth and their fuming that it did not happen. They are blaming Josh for stuff that was not realy his fault. How many games did he give us a lead just to have the defense surender that lead in the closing seconds? Thing is people are forgetting last year we went 4-12 we have big holes that need to be filled. Josh will be fine because he is gonna continue to improve. As an organization we just need to get him more help especially on the defensive side. Add more talent and josh and Tampa will be fine.....

vCash
    Phillip Rivers isn't the problem in SD, AJ smith was the prob. Injuries killed their chances. Every time playoffs came LT & Gates were never there to help
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Ok now everybody take a second after reading this before you blast me for saying this. Also, for the record I am white.

I monitor a lot of sites for Buc News as do most of you JBF, SBNation, B/R, ESPN, Buccaneers.com, TBT, etc. I also read the comments and often find myself involved in conversations.

There are people out there who really hate Josh, I mean like to the point where it is ignorant and unwarranted and non-sensical. I wonder how much of it has to do with his race?

I am not saying 100% of it is racial or anywhere even close, but I know for a fact the answer isn't 0% either, it is somewhere in between. I know some of it is on purpose, but how much of it is a sub-conscious thing.

Somebody on here who I won't name, because I think he was joking said "I wish our offense was more white" and I have seen derogatory comments made. I know a lot of guys, especially the more reasonable ones have legitimate concerns, but when people say things like trade him for Colt McCoy or trade him for a 2nd round pick so we can get Glennon, I sit back and say WTF and these are not even the most extreme commenters.

I just wonder would he be hated as much if he were white.

We Want Winston

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast