Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Bucs do with Josh Freeman?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give Freeman a long-term extension

16 44.44%
  • Give Freeman one more season

10 27.78%
  • Sign/draft a Quarterback for competition

15 41.67%
  • Sign/Draft a replacement for Freeman this off-season (Be specific)

1 2.78%
  • Release or trade Freeman as soon as possible

1 2.78%
  • Other (Please specify)

1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    Greg Schiano's comments about Freeman today during the press conference:
    Having a capable starting qb as a back up for competition is great. If freeman can fix some consistency problems he be great. 2010 is far more easier to achieve with this offense for him. This is the most skilled and talented group on offense the buccs have ever had. The ball needs to be taken care of.

vCash
    Greg Schiano's comments about Freeman today during the press conference:
    Beautiful response. Love our Coach. Makes you keep faith as a Buc.

If you have great defense, create turnovers and great special teams, you can win 10 games - Lovie Smith

vCash
    What they need to do is keep an OC for more than a year because this guy is constantly learning a new offense. I’m all for signing a back up who can actually push him other than Orlovsky. I think he is the answer and he is still really young we just need to get a secondary so its not all on his shoulders to lead us back down the field every game when the D cant stop anyone. Keep Sullivan, sign a decent back up, and fix the secondary=problem solved.

vCash
    I for one feel we are only going to get better next year. I think Josh is gona be great! Some may not be as optimistic but we know he can shine we have seen it before. Granted he has not taken us to the Playoffs yet but who honestly could have with the bad teams he has been fielding? Wrap your minds around this…. we had the 9th best offense in the league this year guys. Do you understand how serious that is? With 3 of our 5 starting offensive linemen not suiting up we had the 9th best offense! Doug Martine will rush for more yards next year beause he is a year more experianced and we will have a better line. Josh will have more time to the throw the ball and more protection plus he will havea 2nd year in the system so he too will improve. Factor inan improved defense via draft and FA plus nearly 25 million in unused cap to improve other holes such as the Slot WR and KR…. Well all I can say is, I can’t see how we won’t be making the playoffs Next year. I know its early for this but I can’t wait for next season!!!
    Last edited by hammy44; 01-02-2013 at 01:42 PM.

vCash
    Bucs coach Greg Schiano said Monday that he expects to bring in competition for Josh Freeman in 2013.
    Freeman put up some big numbers in 2012, but was incredibly inconsistent and faded badly down the stretch. "What I can say is, a 4,000-yard passer, a touchdown record – there’s a lot of things you say, 'Wow,'" Schiano acknowledged. "Are there things that frustrate you? Yeah. There’s things that frustrate him, too. And I’m not ducking the question, because quite frankly, I really like Josh Freeman." The Bucs plan to bring in competition for Freeman that is stronger than incumbent backup Dan Orlovsky. 2013 will be Freeman's contract year.
    Who's out there to bring in??
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

vCash
    I'd much rather see the Bucs draft a QB than sign a guy like Jason Campbell or Matt Moore.

Save us, Jameis.

vCash
    I'd much rather see the Bucs draft a QB than sign a guy like Jason Campbell or Matt Moore.
    I'm not reccomending either one of those guys, but you wouldn't like somebody with experience who can help Free along. Maybe a David Carr type. He has played in NY and know Sullivan quite well. I think he'd be a better back up than Dan-O, cheaper and be able to help Free's development in the system.

If we had a veteran QB getting up there in age, I would take the rookie to learn from him and be a sponge, but with a young Franchise QB, I wanna help him out. I don't think we've had a good backup the whole time Josh has been here. Dan doesn't know anything, neither did JJ.

We Want Winston

vCash
    X2

Hopefully around the 3rd round range.

If you have great defense, create turnovers and great special teams, you can win 10 games - Lovie Smith

vCash
    Watching some Warren Moon footage on ESPN today reminds me of Freeman. They both are very similar in their throwing motion, and their movements in the pocket etc. Freeman's not anywhere near Moon yet, but there is some similarities.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    You don't want to break this guy. He has big time ability. I would bring in a vet that is capable of being effective if needed and that Freeman can learn from. An improved defense will help Freeman more than rookie back-up qb.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    One way that the Bucs can emulate the top teams in the NFL is by drafting a quarterback prospect with the intent to develop him rather than start him, so that they have a competent No. 2 QB in the future.

E.J. Manuel of Florida State would make a great prospect for Tampa Bay, as he is very similar to Josh Freeman. The two are fairly athletic and have strong arms.

Should Freeman get inured, Manuel could perhaps even win a few games in his place.
    If you want a mid rounder to back up Freeman this could work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbucsfan View Post
    If you want a mid rounder to back up Freeman this could work.
    hi is just my opinion, again from watching every FSU game live, but I don't think Manual will be in the NFL for mor ethen a year or 2. FSU has the most underated recieving core in college football. There recievers are ALWAYS open, and Manual still fails to impress. He was a pretty good college QB, but if he could not dominate on that level, I can't see him doing it on a level where WR's will not always be open!

vCash
    Official : Bucs WILL NOT extend freeman

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/1/6/3...2013-nfl-draft

Can't blame them. We don't wanna be Sanchezied, Flynn'd or Schaub'd
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Well when Freeman started struggling was when his offensive line was already in shambles. Davin Joseph, Carl Nicks, and Jeremy Trueblood all ended the year on injured reserve. Next year if his line can stay healthy he should stay hot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Official : Bucs WILL NOT extend freeman

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/1/6/3...2013-nfl-draft

Can't blame them. We don't wanna be Sanchezied, Flynn'd or Schaub'd
    its not anywhere near official

its all coming from the same place...Rick Stroud and Woody Cummings are not gods and Andy Reid was supposed to coach the Cardinals

If Dom, Schiano or anyone else **** this up for them I will flip my lid.

We Want Winston

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast