Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Bucs do with Josh Freeman?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give Freeman a long-term extension

16 44.44%
  • Give Freeman one more season

10 27.78%
  • Sign/draft a Quarterback for competition

15 41.67%
  • Sign/Draft a replacement for Freeman this off-season (Be specific)

1 2.78%
  • Release or trade Freeman as soon as possible

1 2.78%
  • Other (Please specify)

1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yes he should be playing better. So should the pass D, the offensive line and if Doug didn't hit the rookie wall. It is a bunch of what ifs.... Also Schiano rode them hard this summer to instill his toughness on them, they are probably more fatigued than usual. This stuff should be corrected next year before we jump to any conclusions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capital T View Post
    Franchise QB's don't just put u in positions to win, REALLY? They win regardless of the D, REALLY? Well franchise QB's don't exist brutha! All QB's lose if its there own fault or the D's fault, if they win regardless this would be college with 6/7 undefeated teams!

You might wanna check the #'s my friend... There is no equally bad secondary to ours, Hell this year we blew all teams out negatively in that margin, there's no team close to taken the worse secondary trophie from us! That makes a huge difference no matter how your trying to cake it up bro all QB's have had a decent lead in a game and another team has come from behind to take it away its the game bro, but its not on the QB its on the quality of the D! Worst secondary in NFL history!
    So i guess its our secondary that forced him to throw 8 picks in the last 2 games or that hes only had 5 games of 60% or better completion percentage this season. Give your head a shake "bro" he has not perform at a high level for the whole season and is as much to blame as our secondary. And since you love numbers so much Packers and Pats were the two worst secondary in the league last season and both teams went to the playoffs with a combined 28-4 record. Why did they go to the playoffs there franchise QB's took those teams on there backs and got the job done. Ours has not proven he can do so yet, I hope he does but my faith has wavered.

vCash
    ^^^so because he is not Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, he can't get the job done?

Realistically right now he's in that 10-15 range and hes borderline top 10 man. He can and will get the job done.

I will also add did either team lose two pro bowl lineman to IR and their best pass rusher?

Lastly if for some crazy reason Baltimore doesn't automatically resign Flacco or he tests the waters what kind of offers you think he'll get? How many teams would die to have Joe Flacco?

Who's better Flacco or Freeman? Freeman all day every day and even in his sleep.

Why didn't Drew Brees take the Saints to the playoffs this year? He's an ELITE franchise QB.

I think your argument is pretty shot dude.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    ^^^so because he is not Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, he can't get the job done?

Realistically right now he's in that 10-15 range and hes borderline top 10 man. He can and will get the job done.

I will also add did either team lose two pro bowl lineman to IR and their best pass rusher?

Lastly if for some crazy reason Baltimore doesn't automatically resign Flacco or he tests the waters what kind of offers you think he'll get? How many teams would die to have Joe Flacco?

Who's better Flacco or Freeman? Freeman all day every day and even in his sleep.

Why didn't Drew Brees take the Saints to the playoffs this year? He's an ELITE franchise QB.

I think your argument is pretty shot dude.
    Well you didnt really shoot down my argument at all actually all you said was hes not brady or rodgers, you think hes in the almost a top 10 qb (hes more around the 15-20 i would think so far) compared him to flacco and brees. Thats not how you debate

My point is franchise QB's can still win even with a **** secondary and how many playoffs games have we played under Freeman? Zero thats not getting the job done period. Every team has injuries to blame everything on them is just a cop out.

No idea what flacco has to do with freeman but unlike freeman flacco lead a team to the postseason i do believe every year hes been a starter and has never thrown more then 12 picks in a season. Sure he might have some better pieces around him but he led a team to the playoffs none the less. And comparing the saints to anyone this season is not a comparison since no other team has had to deal with what they have all this year we all know they will be back next year to there normal form under Payton.

Free has allot to prove before i would sign him to a big contract is all im saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    So i guess its our secondary that forced him to throw 8 picks in the last 2 games or that hes only had 5 games of 60% or better completion percentage this season. Give your head a shake "bro" he has not perform at a high level for the whole season and is as much to blame as our secondary. And since you love numbers so much Packers and Pats were the two worst secondary in the league last season and both teams went to the playoffs with a combined 28-4 record. Why did they go to the playoffs there franchise QB's took those teams on there backs and got the job done. Ours has not proven he can do so yet, I hope he does but my faith has wavered.
    You base your argument off the last 2 games, his completion percentage is irrelevant seeing as most of his incomplete passes came do to his deep pass plays, there was a 4-5 game stretch were he was rated #1! You compared our secondary to greenbay and pats lol, not comparable seeing as you've missed the breaking news WORSE SECONDARY IN NFL HISTORY! Those secondaries were better then ours, and freeman is going to break franchise records but your talk completion percentages? Free will be here period stress yourself out and lose ya hair all ya want brutha but your head is stuck on 2 games lol have fun GO FREE!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    Here's my take, he starts to struggle when he feels like he needs to make up for weaknesses of the team. If we can get the supporting cast a little stronger( and stay healthy enough) then IMO he can get us a ring. No QB wins a SB with an average team. I say we sign him long term. We have too much young talent to waste looking for another QB, he's by far the best QB we've ever had, we need to stick with him.

vCash
    You base your argument off the last 2 games, his completion percentage is irrelevant seeing as most of his incomplete passes came do to his deep pass plays, there was a 4-5 game stretch were he was rated #1! You compared our secondary to greenbay and pats lol, not comparable seeing as you've missed the breaking news WORSE SECONDARY IN NFL HISTORY! Those secondaries were better then ours, and freeman is going to break franchise records but your talk completion percentages? Free will be here period stress yourself out and lose ya hair all ya want brutha but your head is stuck on 2 games lol have fun GO FREE!
    his accuracy problems is not only on deep balls, hes actually less accurate when it comes to the short throws and under 10 yarders. All he is saying is that other teams have bad secondary's but still find a way to win bc their QB wills the team to victory. Freeman will be here next year, there is no doubt but why does everyone get frustrated when people voic e their obvious opininon that he hasn't played well the last 6 weeks and coincidentally we have lost our last 5 games in a row. we need more conisistency out of free, our supporting cast is well above average with Jackson, williams, martin, clark etc. its time for josh to step up and be consistent, not just on fire for 4 games in a row.

vCash
    I wonder if we could trade for Ryan Mallett from the Patriots? I know the 2 coaches are real close and all. That would add some good competition to the position. I remember seeing and article saying New England drafted him to use as trade bait.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby2422 View Post
    his accuracy problems is not only on deep balls, hes actually less accurate when it comes to the short throws and under 10 yarders. All he is saying is that other teams have bad secondary's but still find a way to win bc their QB wills the team to victory. Freeman will be here next year, there is no doubt but why does everyone get frustrated when people voic e their obvious opininon that he hasn't played well the last 6 weeks and coincidentally we have lost our last 5 games in a row. we need more conisistency out of free, our supporting cast is well above average with Jackson, williams, martin, clark etc. its time for josh to step up and be consistent, not just on fire for 4 games in a row.
    Lol most of his incomplete passes, its been 1oo percent evident he's had accuracy problems, his completion issue is different then his accuracy issue! Accuracy is passes thrown on or off mark, incompletions are drop passes + miss thrown passes, a player came just out right drop a pass as both Jackson/williams did! Never told a guy not to voice there opinion there's just a much bigger picture that some people with narrow vision tend to avoid seeing! Also why is drew brees not in the playoffs and winning regardless? Why isn't big Ben? Why isn't romo? And flacco with baltimores D compared to freeman and ours really, why is that even mentioned?
    Last edited by Capital T; 12-26-2012 at 04:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HAMMERHEAD44 View Post
    I wonder if we could trade for Ryan Mallett from the Patriots? I know the 2 coaches are real close and all. That would add some good competition to the position. I remember seeing and article saying New England drafted him to use as trade bait.
    Uuuuhhh I don't think so! I'm not certain a body to push free is needed, he just needs to slow down stick to the game plan even when the game is going south, he's trying to make things happen when he doesn't see anything there!
    Last edited by Capital T; 12-26-2012 at 03:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justintyme View Post
    Here's my take, he starts to struggle when he feels like he needs to make up for weaknesses of the team. If we can get the supporting cast a little stronger( and stay healthy enough) then IMO he can get us a ring. No QB wins a SB with an average team. I say we sign him long term. We have too much young talent to waste looking for another QB, he's by far the best QB we've ever had, we need to stick with him.
    ^^^Agreed I think our D is the supporting cast we need to improve in the O I think is slightly above average @ best!
    Last edited by Capital T; 12-26-2012 at 04:10 PM.

vCash
    What if were in the same spot next year? Losing record, Freeman STILL doesn't have a impressive win (5 years in the league and still not a win worth a damn is pathetic), Freeman is still throwing an ungodly amount of INTs. And what everyone is gonna still want him because he's 26 and all of his "potential" give me a break. I do not see us making the playoffs with him as our QB I'm sorry but I don't, he has destroyed my faith.

vCash
    My head is stuck on our 10-22 record over the last 2 seasons. Freeman can set all the franchise records (which we can all realize that QB play has never been a strength in Tampa) But if he cant win all those are hollow stats. You can be satisfied all you want with his only having 4-5 good games a year i guess i just expect more from a franchise qb i want 10+ wins playoff games and superbowls...

vCash
    @pfish...stop acting like qbs are the only contributing factor to a team, its ****ing ********. The Giants game he went out and put 30+ on em and it still wasnt enough...stop acting as if w's and l's come from one person on any team, they don't plain and simple. ASK ANY QB WITH ANY SUCCESS, they 1000/1000 times will tell you it is the guys around em, the o line, the recievers, the scouts, the coaches...it is an entire team effort to get a w in this league your whole premise is flawed.

@shibby....have you seen what some of these guys are saying...bench him for dan orlovsky(didnt forget that whoever the F said it), cut him, trade him for a 2nd and a decent player, then bundle picks to get geno smith....i mean people have plain and simple gone nuts. All this after a year where he clearly showed development, improvement and took a step forward.

I pose a realtively simple question but one that needs to be asked, and no BS answers. We all know a solid run game and a good passing attack are usually intertwined, without good balance things get out of hand(95% of the time).

Now is Doug's efforts on the ground what helped Freeman have the passing attack running so smoothly? or Is Josh and the passing game partly responsible for what Doug was able to accomplish?

I ask because Doug (and our entire ground game) has been completely ineffective and non-existent down the stretch and even worse the past 2 games.

The point is you have to either give Josh some credit for what Martin was able to do earlier in the year or give Doug some blame for the past couple games as well. Cuz he might as well have stayed home.

@brewhouse....go back to what i said to pfish..
    i just expect more from a franchise qb i want 10+ wins playoff games and superbowls...
    this is dumb, teams do that not individuals, this is the ultimate team game played by 11 grown men with one focus on the field at the same time. EX. Tom Brady threw a great pass in the super bowl last year, welker dropped that ****...nothing tom could do.

did josh cover maclin on the final play of the philly game? or drop the int 3 snaps before? did josh get pushed out of bounds on the final play in the first NO game and commit a penalty on the last play of the game? Did Josh let Eli throw bombs down the sideline in the 4th quarter? Is he responsible for the completely irresponsible playcalling we have witnessed all year on both sides of the ball? Dallas Clark losing it in the lights? Mike Williams slipping on a comeback? Is Josh to blame for Schiano 3 times deep in STL territory going for it on fourth down(9 points were left on the field for no reason)?
    No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, and NO.

He has his positives and negatives and his positives far outweigh his negatives. Every analysts had him in the top 16 QBs in the league before the season and he has had a huge development in his game, clearly top 15, clearly above average at WORST.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    “I think he is a terrific player. I don’t see any flaws in Josh. They have to get better around him. They have had problems in the offensive line, they have basically lost three linemen and they don’t have the depth at wide receiver that they need. Those are things they will address in the offseason.

“They’ve got the right guy. They just need to build around him. If someone wants to criticize [Freeman], they are wrong. He is playing at a high level and they just have to get better around him.”
    Mike Martz

straight from a guy that knows QBs better than all of us combined.

Let's go Bucs

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast