Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Bucs do with Josh Freeman?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give Freeman a long-term extension

16 44.44%
  • Give Freeman one more season

10 27.78%
  • Sign/draft a Quarterback for competition

15 41.67%
  • Sign/Draft a replacement for Freeman this off-season (Be specific)

1 2.78%
  • Release or trade Freeman as soon as possible

1 2.78%
  • Other (Please specify)

1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    When you have a stud RB, stud #1 reciever, well above average #2 reciever, and a successful veteran TE, its tough to make the arguement that maybe he just needs a slot reciever. What he needs is to learn how to throw the ball better. I agree that he should get another 17 games because frankly, there are no better options out there. The problem is if he does not put it together, we then have to start over and will be set back for years. He has one more year, I guess we will see what happens. This team has completely drained all the excitment and momentum that the fan base has gained throughout the season, and Free is a huge part of the reason why.
    you my dude.....how can you say this after not only his best season but the best season of any quarterback in franchise history?

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    This forum has become soo depressing. Everyone was sucking Free's teet before 12/16. Joke of a fanbase. Empty stadium with the entire second half left. I wouldnt play for Tampa either. Simply pathetic.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Freeman is quite possibly the best QB our franchise has ever had
    Thank you Glazer's for the free tickets!!!

vCash
    He's not goin nowhere, there's no one to replace him anyway. But I think someone needs to be added or drafted definately. Even when we were winning he got lucky on a atleast 3-4 ints by the defense.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    But I understand ppls gripe with him. We've only gotten 5 games over 60% comp. that's awful. He's only good at deep balls. Only carried us in 3wins the rest was Doug or we'd be picking a lot higher in April.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    I'm done talking smack about freeman, I really wanna like the guy, he has all the potential in the world. for whatever reason when it comes to sunday he plays well in streaks, lights out at times and other times he looks like the bottome of the barrel.

The second year under Sully, and Schiano will help a lot, hopefully he puts it together next year and it leads to wins and playoffs.The offense has been a lot better this year and fixing the defense will help this team in the future.

vCash
    You guys want to ***** and moan about interceptions, right?
    QBS with more ints DREW BREES, ANDREW LUCK, Sanchez, Weeden
    QBS with same ints Romo, Dalton, Stafford, Fitzpatrick

Josh is 6th in the NFL in TDs 10th in Yards….in a “passing league”

4 of the 9 ahead of him in yards have the same or more ints
    1 of the 5 ahead of him in tds has more ints and only 2 are in single digits

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    The guy is here to stay. So what if he had a bad two weeks. He didn't cost us the SB this year.
    His numbers for having a new OC and HC are impressive.

Less the 160 yards away from 4000 yards close to 30 TDs this season.

In 3 1/2 years he is 1 TD away from throwing the most TDs in franchise history.

And yet every time he has a bad game people want to scream about getting a new QB.

Ask the Patriots how many times Tom Brady has fallen in their lap. I can tell you....just once.
    Now I agree that if we keep him and we don't see the play offs in the next 2 seasons, we need to evalutate are team. But he still has time IMO, he's played great enough to earn it.
    Last edited by I-4_Fan; 12-24-2012 at 01:51 PM.

vCash
    It sounds like a lot of us are on the same page. The majority of us either want him to sign a contract extension or at least bring him back for a fifth year.

What exactly do you think Schiano will do, though? Coach Schiano didn't draft Freeman and part of me thinks that he might want to draft 'his guy' if he gets the chance to. Plus, after watching the press conference yesterday, some of his comments and body language worry me a little bit when Josh Freeman's name was brought up.

Did anyone else notice that or am I just overreacting here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    It sounds like a lot of us are on the same page. The majority of us either want him to sign a contract extension or at least bring him back for a fifth year.

What exactly do you think Schiano will do, though? Coach Schiano didn't draft Freeman and part of me thinks that he might want to draft 'his guy' if he gets the chance to. Plus, after watching the press conference yesterday, some of his comments and body language worry me a little bit when Josh Freeman's name was brought up.

Did anyone else notice that or am I just overreacting here?
    I mentioned the whole "his guy" thing before and ppl went dumb on me as if I said something wrong. I just don't see another option out there. Since freeman has sputtered his value in a deal my have as well. Idk . I know KC would welcome him back home

vCash
    Maybe another full offseason with out a coaching upheaval will help Freeman reach more of his potential. But all the stats in the world really doesn't matter, W's & L's is the only thing that matters and sadly freeman has been on the short end of the stick in that category the last 2 seasons. Sure you cant totally blame him but a franchise qb should be able to take a team on there back for a lot of games no matter the supporting cast (see Andrew Luck) Just seems when things start to bog down freeman just sinks and cant seem to pull himself out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    Maybe another full offseason with out a coaching upheaval will help Freeman reach more of his potential. But all the stats in the world really doesn't matter, W's & L's is the only thing that matters and sadly freeman has been on the short end of the stick in that category the last 2 seasons. Sure you cant totally blame him but a franchise qb should be able to take a team on there back for a lot of games no matter the supporting cast (see Andrew Luck) Just seems when things start to bog down freeman just sinks and cant seem to pull himself out.
    That dumbs, freeman hasn't been getting torched in the secondary in all the games he put us in position to win this year! You really think he can Carry the worst secondary in the league on his back lol wow... I'm still puzzled how some people think free can and should win games by himself, it takes a D to protect a lead the QB may give you! If a team comes back and score leaving your QB with to little time to score again, or no time @ all, I guess that's frees fault huh?
    Last edited by Capital T; 12-24-2012 at 09:28 PM.
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freel for prez View Post
    Got to go...how many weapons does he need honestly? Time to move on
    Please tell me your not a man with 2 half naked men as your Sig? I have nothing against it but Wooo... Lol I do find comedy there sometimes, hey if its Ur thing do Ur thing yo lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capital T View Post
    That dumbs, freeman hasn't been getting torched in the secondary in all the games he put us in position to win this year! You really think he can Carry the worst secondary in the league on his back lol wow... I'm still puzzled how some people think free can and should win games by himself, it takes a D to protect a lead the QB may give you! If a team comes back and score leaving your QB with to little time to score again, or no time @ all, I guess that's frees fault huh?
    A franchise QB doesn't just put you in position to win he WINS regardless of there secondary or defense. Is the colts D all that much better then ours? Pats? Redskins? There's many teams with equally horrible pass D's that there QB's were able to put them into the playoffs or on the brink of it. Im not anti Freeman just think the guy needs to stop getting a free ride and needs to be held accountable for us having to watch the playoffs again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    A franchise QB doesn't just put you in position to win he WINS regardless of there secondary or defense. Is the colts D all that much better then ours? Pats? Redskins? There's many teams with equally horrible pass D's that there QB's were able to put them into the playoffs or on the brink of it. Im not anti Freeman just think the guy needs to stop getting a free ride and needs to be held accountable for us having to watch the playoffs again.
    Franchise QB's don't just put u in positions to win, REALLY? They win regardless of the D, REALLY? Well franchise QB's don't exist brutha! All QB's lose if its there own fault or the D's fault, if they win regardless this would be college with 6/7 undefeated teams!

You might wanna check the #'s my friend... There is no equally bad secondary to ours, Hell this year we blew all teams out negatively in that margin, there's no team close to taken the worse secondary trophie from us! That makes a huge difference no matter how your trying to cake it up bro all QB's have had a decent lead in a game and another team has come from behind to take it away its the game bro, but its not on the QB its on the quality of the D! Worst secondary in NFL history!
    Last edited by Capital T; 12-25-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast