Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Bucs do with Josh Freeman?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give Freeman a long-term extension

16 44.44%
  • Give Freeman one more season

10 27.78%
  • Sign/draft a Quarterback for competition

15 41.67%
  • Sign/Draft a replacement for Freeman this off-season (Be specific)

1 2.78%
  • Release or trade Freeman as soon as possible

1 2.78%
  • Other (Please specify)

1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Official Josh Freeman Thread (Post Articles, News, Opinions, Etc.)

Sucks!!!

vCash
    Oh wait... NO HE FU(KING doesn't!!! I can't wait for the first "fan" to come on here and pick apart his play this week. The guy was damn good today and I hope all of you nay-sayers recognize.

vCash
    exactly, last 2 weeks he has been really on point. He was the first 4 weeks but he really stepped it up the last 2. Minnesota better be scared were gonna tear the dome down

We Want Winston

vCash
    He has been positive the last 2 weeks. If he can finish the year on point we will do well

vCash
    I was going to title the thread "Josh Freeman Sucks" but I figured it would get taken down just that fast. Obviously you all get the point.

vCash
    On pace for 4100 yards, 29 touchdowns, and only 13 interceptions. If he keeps it up an argument could be made that he's a top 10 quarterback.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbucsfan View Post
    On pace for 4100 yards, 29 touchdowns, and only 13 interceptions. If he keeps it up an argument could be made that he's a top 10 quarterback.
    If he does that and wins games in the playoffs then yes, but elite is for QBs who do those stats year in year out and win games in playoffs while brining its team to Super Bowls. Phillip rivers has been elite in stats but by most is not consider elite because of playoffs. That's the knock on Matt Ryan as well, even though he has put up great regular season stats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbatw360 View Post
    If he does that and wins games in the playoffs then yes, but elite is for QBs who do those stats year in year out and win games in playoffs while brining its team to Super Bowls. Phillip rivers has been elite in stats but by most is not consider elite because of playoffs. That's the knock on Matt Ryan as well, even though he has put up great regular season stats.
    I understand your not trying to make it but that argument is for not. Teams don't need elite quarterbacks to win championships.
    Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton and maybe Eli are the only elites. Not Big Ben, Not Schaub or Alex Smith, not Vick, Romo, Cutler or the rest. We don't need an elite top 5 QB we need a good solid above average quarterback who can do different things and if he evloves into that elite class thats great/

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    I understand your not trying to make it but that argument is for not. Teams don't need elite quarterbacks to win championships.
    Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton and maybe Eli are the only elites. Not Big Ben, Not Schaub or Alex Smith, not Vick, Romo, Cutler or the rest. We don't need an elite top 5 QB we need a good solid above average quarterback who can do different things and if he evloves into that elite class thats great/
    With all due respect, recent history shows that the dude holding the Lombardi Trophy when the confetti is dropping is an elite quarterback.

14 of the last 16 Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks were named, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Rothlesburger, Brady, Elway, Warner, and Favre. The other 2, you might ask? That is where the Tampa connection comes in: Johnson and Dilfer.

All that doesn't mean tish, though. I don't care about pretty stats, I care about wins. Phillip Rivers and Matt Ryan = A-Rod--EMPTY STATS.

Also, elite quarterbacks don't mean a guaranteed win. Right Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon, and Jim Kelly?

I AM the Old School

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3tothe4th View Post
    With all due respect, recent history shows that the dude holding the Lombardi Trophy when the confetti is dropping is an elite quarterback.

14 of the last 16 Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks were named, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Rothlesburger, Brady, Elway, Warner, and Favre. The other 2, you might ask? That is where the Tampa connection comes in: Johnson and Dilfer.

All that doesn't mean tish, though. I don't care about pretty stats, I care about wins. Phillip Rivers and Matt Ryan = A-Rod--EMPTY STATS.

Also, elite quarterbacks don't mean a guaranteed win. Right Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon, and Jim Kelly?
    Kinda contradicting your self brutha!

Top line with all do respect... Last line elite QB's! Truth is it doesn't take an elite QB to win championships as u stated above, Johnson- Dilfer!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    He held this team together in the second half plain and simple. It would of been very easy to quite after they went up 35-21. Did we? No and he was vital in the effort to comeback. Even on the last play scrambling avoiding pressure making a good decision. He is a FRANCHISE quarterback, like it or not

We Want Winston

vCash
    ^^I think thats a little misleading. As I said players can evolve. No way in hell anyone can argue Tom Brady was elite during his first two super bowls. I don't think he was elite til after his 3rd but thats probably debatable. Was Eli Manning elite in 2007? Probably not

Roethlisberger is not elite. he proves it time and time again. You canr have 10+ elite qbs. At most 5 at any given time IMO. Roethlisberger has never been the MVP of the Super Bowl, Hines Ward Santonio Holmes. Each year following the Super Bowl they missed the playoffs. Maturity issues resulting in numerous off field altercations.

Anyways my point is Josh is the man for this Franchise. You would be hard pressed to find a better quarterback to replace him with. He is the man, he can and will get it done. Have to have a playoff caliber team around him though, which were probably close to but not quite there. Davin and AC would make us closer. Prob a RT TE CB OLB and maybe DL away from where we wanna be

We Want Winston

vCash
    Freeman is the franchise. I'm cool with that. I still see upside and elite potential. Hopefully, elite or not, he's the one with the confetti raining down on him while he holds the Lombardi trophy. (Hopefully in Tampa when the bay area hosts its next Super Bowl!!)

I AM the Old School

vCash
    Remember ppl laughed when we(me) said Freeman is better than Stafford? Lmaoooo good times
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    ^^^Remember when you told us that Mr. 14 rec. for 126 yards a.k.a. Justin Blackmon was better than Mike Williams and we need to draft him at Number 5 overall...oh by the way Doug Martin has better recieving number than Blackmon lets alone Mike Williams LOL

Broke clock is right twice a day period

We Want Winston

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast