26 47.27%
  • Hartford

26 47.27%
  • GMs of these teams vote here

3 5.45%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

NBA ReDraft Playoffs WCF Finals: 1) Westwood vs. 2) Hartford

Welcome to the 2012 NBA ReDraft voting process. The redraft is exactly how it sounds. The rosters of every NBA team are cleared and then drafted again from scratch. Posters from the site draft full rosters under a salary cap and then there is a voting process to make the playoffs. We are now in the playoffs and the head to head matchups have begun. Please remember to vote for the roster and write-up you believe would win a 7 game series. Also remember that every player is considered as healthy for these playoffs. Thank you and enjoy the playoffs!

Westwood:
    PG: George Hill | Kirk Hinrich | Alexey Shved
    SG: Wesley Matthews | Daequan Cook
    SF: Lebron James | Martell Webster
    PF: Ryan Anderson | J.J. Hickson
    C: Marcus Camby | Timofey Mozgov | Darko Milicic

Hartford:
    Kyle Lowry – Brandon Knight – Brian Scalabrine
    Iman Shumpert – Shannon Brown – Brian Scalabrine
    Jared Dudley – Vince Carter – Brian Scalabrine
    Carlos Boozer – Drew Gooden – Brian Scalabrine
    Andrew Bynum – Andre Drummond – Shelden Williams – Brian Scalabrine

Hartford Writeup
    (Iman Shumpert will start covering Lebron, but Dudley will see a lot of time on him as well)

Congrats to Chac for making another conference finals. One of the best PSD GMs in the game

Cliff notes on why Hartford would win:
    1) Depth. We’re two deep at every position.
    2) We have a balanced attack offensively, and good team defense across the board.
    3) After Lebron, we feel that there is a lot of inconsistent offensive options for Westwood
    4) Hartford has a clear advantage in the post, specifically at center.
    5) There is no shutting down Lebron, but we have the players to shut down his supporting cast. Lebron can’t do it alone.

Kyle Lowry vs George Hill
    Looking at the point guard matchup, we see a distinct advantage in Hartford’s favor. Hill is a nice player, but Lowry is better overall. George Hill is still a slight question mark – He has only started 64 games in his career (Lowry has started 139, and was a full time starter each of his last two seasons). Considering these players are expected to be facilitators: George Hill posted an AST% of 18.8% to Kyle Lowry’s 32.3%. Lowry also accounted for a better TRB%, STL%, had a higher USG%, and a better WS/48.

We feel that Lowry is a better facilitator, the better defender, and fits better into his role on the team. He will run high pick and rolls with Boozer, and be able to spot up on the 3pt line to wait for kickouts from our bigs (37%+ from 3pt the past two seasons)

Jared Dudley vs Wes Matthews
    We’re going to start with Dudley guarding the 2 and Shumpert guarding the 3.

Dudley is our fourth option on offense, and he will benefit by seeing open looks from 3pt range all day. He’s a career 40%+ shooter from 3pt range, and he’s among the leagues best shooters from deep each year.

http://i.imgur.com/FPQOE.png

As you can see, Dudley performs well in matchups against Matthews when the two cover each other. Dudley shot 80%, 80% and 64% from the field in each of their last three matchups, and had no problem getting open looks from the floor.

He would be able to match Matthews scoring output with better efficiency throughout the series.

Iman Shumpert vs Lebron James
    Shumpert is going to start on Lebron. We don’t expect anyone to shut down Lebron, but it makes sense to allow Shumpert to try to keep up with him. He’s our best perimeter defender, and he has the best chance of bothering Lebron over the course of a series. Should Iman get into foul trouble, Dudley would slide back over and we would bring Shannon Brown and Vince Carter off the bench as primary wing reserves. Shumpert measures in at 6’5”+ with a 6’10 wingspan. While he’s not the traditional small forward, we feel like he’s going to have the athletic ability to try to hinder Lebron’s performances.

Offensively, Shump is a fast break player. He finishes in transition, he’ good at coming off screens and slashing to the hoop, and I feel like he wasn’t very well utilized in New York last season. He’s got the ability to jump out of the gym, and he fears no defenders:
    http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/98...ump_medium.gif

He’s our fifth option on the offensive end, and we feel like he’d be able to add 10+ points per game without much effort from breakaways and baseline cuts behind the defense.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...strdo1_400.gif

Carlos Boozer vs Ryan Anderson
    This is an interesting matchup. Anderson is a 3pt shooter and Boozer is a pick and roll mid-range power forward.

I’ll let Boozer’s past three performances againt Anderson do the talking for me:

http://i.imgur.com/IhyPp.png

Clearly, Boozer has gotten the better of Anderson. Anderson didn’t score more than 11 points while guarded by Boozer, and Boozer dropped 20+ points on him in each of the matchups.

Anderson is a good compliment to Lebron, but he performs poorly against Boozer.

Andrew Bynum vs Marcus Camby
    Marcus Camby is still alive?

Portland tried to use him as a Bynum stopper, how did that work out?

http://i.imgur.com/ntW91.png

Yeah, he doesn’t slow down Bynum at all. Bynum would abuse Camby over the course of a series. Additionally, Camby provides absolutely NOTHING offensively for Westwood’s team.

Benches
    I believe our bench is superior and more well-rounded than Westwood’s. Looking at the individual matchups:
    Brandon Knight – Kirk Hinrich
    Shannon Brown – Daequan Cook
    Vince Carter – Martell Webster
    Drew Gooden – JJ Hickson
    Andre Drummond | Sheldon Williams – Timofey Mozgof

My bench consists of five players that were primary starters last season, and one lottery pick who looks AMAZING so far, especially on the defensive end. I think our depth is one of our biggest strengths. We can be aggressive guarding Lebron, and still bring quality players off the bench to maintain a high level of performance.

Also, it doesn’t hurt to be able to bring the GOAT bench player out:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...022xo1_500.png

Thanks for reading.

Remember, a vote for Scal is a vote for equality.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...8x0no1_400.gif
    Westwood did not send in a writeup

vCash
    I really like the Hartford team. I think they can pull this one out.

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    Was gonna vote westwood but hartford has scal so he swayed my vote

vCash
    My write up >>>

We believe Hartford is a much more balanced team, and has some advantages at other positions that would expose Westwood over the course of a series.

Make sure you reference the recent matchups that I included in my writeup.

Thanks everyone.

vCash
    We expect Lebron to do everything by himself.

Thanks for reading my writeup.

-Westwood

vCash
    Hartford's frontcourt will dominate down low. And they have enough defense to prevent LeBron from averaging 40-10-10.

This is another no brainer for me. Hartford-Santa Monica is going to be a great final.

vCash
    Hartford - Santa Monica might be the weakest redraft final ever. No offense to the finals gms just tells you how spread the talent was

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Hartford - Santa Monica might be the weakest redraft final ever. No offense to the finals gms just tells you how spread the talent was
    It was tough to try to get loaded teams this year.

Most people were incredibly stingy on trades (with the exception of a couple GMs that will remain nameless ).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chacarronsau View Post
    We expect Lebron to do everything by himself.

Thanks for reading my writeup.

-Westwood
    Great write up. Nice to see how much effort you put into it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Great write up. Nice to see how much effort you put into it.
    Thanks, I tried my best to be as concise as humanly possible.

vCash
    Lebron just won game 1 of this series all by himself, he scored 97 points!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chacarronsau View Post
    Lebron just won game 1 of this series all by himself, he scored 97 points!!!!
    ....Really dude?

vCash
    So I take it Jared Dudley>LeBron?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drose View Post
    Dudley isn't even guarding Lebron in the matchup

Anyway this is a tough matchup, tough to go against Lebron but I really like the advantage Hartford has downlow.
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drose View Post

Unsuccessful attempt at rustling my jimmies.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast