Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should Kevin Johnson be in the HOF?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

2 22.22%
  • Yes

7 77.78%
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Kevin Johnson: HOF?

We can see that the league is very deep at the PG position right now, and there will likely be a few qualtiy PGs who just don't make it into the HOF. Likewise, there were a lot of great PGs in the early 90's that have not yet made it into the HOF. Mark Price and Tim Hardaway are great examples. But one of the guys I always thought was HOF worthy was Kevin Johnson. He wasn't much of a three point shooter throughout his career (though one season he did average 2.9 3pt shots a game and shot 44% that season, which was an anomoly for him), but he was a good shooter and finished his career shooting just under .500 from the floor and 84% from the free throw line. On his career he averaged almost 18 points a game, and 9.1 assists with a 3-1 assist-to-turnover ration. He got to the finals once and always had a strong showing in the post season. He only made three all-star teams (though I think most will agree he should have made more, but again, the league was very deep at the time. He was competing with Magic and Stockton for a spot on the team when he started and as his career progressed he was fighting it out with Tim Hardaway and Gary Payton (and Jason Kidd toward the tail end of his career) for a spot on the All-Star team). He won the MIP award, made the All-NBA second team four times and third team once (how he didn't make the All-Star team in each of those seasons is beyond me).

I think most people who got to see him play will agree that he is among the finest PGs to ever play the game. But I put the question to you; Does Kevin Johnson deserve to be in the HOF?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Id say yes.

vCash
    He had pretty solid career numbers. There might be a few others ahead of him though. It wouldn't necessarily be a slight if he didn't make it in.

For example, I already think guys like Paul and Rondo have had better careers.

vCash
    He's one of the most underrated players in NBA History. A big negative is the fact that he **** the bed in the playoffs.

vCash
    I'd also say yes.

vCash
    Are we going to have a HOF thread for every ex-NBA Player?

vCash
    he's boarderline and wavier on him,atm i say yes

vCash
    KJ was a beast. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    Yes he is, no question about it.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Absolutely YES, not even a debate. Might be the most underrated player ever.
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

vCash
    In

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....