Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I would agree Birdman gave 100% every time he was on the court and was a great asset a couple of years ago but with his salary and lack of production last year it was the right decision to amnesty him.

Sounds like Nuggets putting up a fight now. Great to see Chandler contributing. Brewer has impressed this preseason. And Iguodala seems to be having a good game.

All tied at end of 3rd qtr. Nice!

vCash
    not our best gamew

vCash
    not our best game

vCash
    Well, a little disappointed Hamilton and Randolph didnt get a run.

interesting to see who was on the floor in the final minutes. Karl still using two PG line-up.

Now looking forward to seeing the Nuggets at Pepsi Center on the 25th.

vCash
    Another L in OKC. Hopefully the Nuggets do not make this a trend this season.

vCash
    Karl coached this game like it was a regular season game and McGee played only 17 minutes, a bit disapointed on that for a +10M$/year guy newly signed...

Good things they didn't give up when they were down 19 even in a preseason game.

And I still don't like the 2 PG line-up...

Good game by Brewer again, very good game by Gallo but only 4 rebonds for Farried and 3 for McGee

vCash
    Wow... If Hamilton can't even get consitant minutes in preaseason...how will he even touch the floor when it matters -_-

vCash
    I also wasn't able to watch the game but I went through the game log and saw some things that surprised and intrigued me.

Wilson Chandler as the backup power forward.

The attempt to give all three centers playing time.

The lineup at the end of the game; the two point guards, AI at small, Danillo and Faried then Danillo and JaVale in the front court.

Andre Miller in for the entire 4th quarter.

And a 10 deep rotation utilizing 16 different lineups with no garbage time.

vCash
    Damn, not even some floor time for J-ham?? Damn it Karl is going to barely use the kid...I can just see it now.

Are we even slightly improving our perimeter defense? Cause it really doesn't look like it. I realize it's still early and all but can we see SOME improvement here??

vCash
    And it does look like we're going to get those damn 2 PG lineups again. I wouldn't mind it so much if Karl could manage it properly...a.k.a sub out Dre for a defensive replacement b/c Dre can't be counted on for a stop..like ever.

Which it all leads to the biggest case of irony with George Karl.

Karl wants Ty to be aggressive, he wants Ty to be the leader on the floor pretty much at all times, he wants him to dictate the tempo and keep it run and gun...

YET......he plugs him with Dre. Dre is the COMPLETE opposite of what Ty is. And Ty..being Ty...is going to let Dre dictate the tempo and handle the ball. Thus Ty is converted to a spot up 2-guard..something he's not. And if Ty controls it with Dre on the court...Dre is converted to a spot up 2-guard...something he's not. Keep in mind both aren't particularly good defenders..and you have two opposites on offense but two similarities (in a bad way) on defense.

I won't mind if Karl picks and chooses when to implement that 2 PG lineup...but when we need a damn stop....I don't want to see dre on the floor..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    And it does look like we're going to get those damn 2 PG lineups again. I wouldn't mind it so much if Karl could manage it properly...a.k.a sub out Dre for a defensive replacement b/c Dre can't be counted on for a stop..like ever.

Which it all leads to the biggest case of irony with George Karl.

Karl wants Ty to be aggressive, he wants Ty to be the leader on the floor pretty much at all times, he wants him to dictate the tempo and keep it run and gun...

YET......he plugs him with Dre. Dre is the COMPLETE opposite of what Ty is. And Ty..being Ty...is going to let Dre dictate the tempo and handle the ball. Thus Ty is converted to a spot up 2-guard..something he's not. And if Ty controls it with Dre on the court...Dre is converted to a spot up 2-guard...something he's not. Keep in mind both aren't particularly good defenders..and you have two opposites on offense but two similarities (in a bad way) on defense.

I won't mind if Karl picks and chooses when to implement that 2 PG lineup...but when we need a damn stop....I don't want to see dre on the floor..
    Have to agree, and was hoping with Iguodala being a playmaker and a great defender we would avoid, for the most part, a twp PG line-up especially late in the 4th qtr.

I hope J-Ham get a better run on Thursday. I know the NBA is a lot about match-ups but would like to see Randolph used at PF as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12