Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 83
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    I don't think that's fair. ChillWill has some great insight, and doesn't show a heavy bias unlike most of us on PSD. He's one of the better posters around
    I think insight is a strong word.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Jersey We Go Hard
    Posts
    9,248
    vCash
    1500
    Im not expecting the Nets to go 82-0 thats not realistic, but with the talent they have they are capable of winning 85% of their games.

    It takes a real LEGEND to win a championship in Brooklyn, and I think we've found that special person. Deron Williams only a matter of time before the gold comes home. If there is one guy who can do it, its you! We love you Deron and hope you retire in Brooklyn!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,803
    vCash
    1500
    Also the nets didn't "gut their roster" they have the same core (yes I kno that core didn't have much playing time together health issues etc etc) their starters are the same add in JJ.

    D will knows the system . Brook Lopez knows the system. K humpries knows the system. G wall is familiar at least should be with film and team netting and practice even though not much through playtime. Brooks knows the system. That's 4 starters and a backup who all are pretty damn familiar with the system and are not to be excused by "the learning curve"

    The rest of the players shouldn't matter too much because if they do then u can argue the same excuse for teams like Boston (a bunch of new role players but same core) and Dallas,except thy don't make excuses.
    [CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by still1ballin View Post
    Man, any other team but the Heat. I don't mind having the streak broken, but them? Last time I want that to happen!

    I am really hoping for LebRon to tear an ACL. I don't know how Rose and other players who are athletic jumping all over the place get injured but this orangutang stays healthy forever.
    Quote from back in March referring to HEATs win streak... Karma is looking like a real thing now huh Laker fans? [CENTER]

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Some people are unbiased just for the sake of being unbiased, they want to look "cool" and want to make friends on here. I tell it like it is. I am not here to make friends with people behind their keyboards. I am here to rep the NEts.
    Maybe if you tried it you would understand that it is not about making friends, but about improving the quality of the discussion. I can get very biased when it comes to the Nets as most fans would for their teams at times but i can also take a step back and see the flaws of my team.

    You sir live a sad life. You come in here and speak as if the Nets are a part of your family and you are a part of the team.. but yet you still have to go pay 89.99 for a seat at Barclays and have to watch the team from your lonely home.

    They could care less about you so you coming in here being irrational about them does nothing but create hostility in an otherwise good discussion.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Jersey We Go Hard
    Posts
    9,248
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Maybe if you tried it you would understand that it is not about making friends, but about improving the quality of the discussion. I can get very biased when it comes to the Nets as most fans would for their teams at times but i can also take a step back and see the flaws of my team.

    You sir live a sad life. You come in here and speak as if the Nets are a part of your family and you are a part of the team.. but yet you still have to go pay 89.99 for a seat at Barclays and have to watch the team from your lonely home.

    They could care less about you so you coming in here being irrational about them does nothing but create hostility in an otherwise good discussion.
    I dont expect anything back, Nets have given me great entertainment since I have watched them.

    It takes a real LEGEND to win a championship in Brooklyn, and I think we've found that special person. Deron Williams only a matter of time before the gold comes home. If there is one guy who can do it, its you! We love you Deron and hope you retire in Brooklyn!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopsadvocate View Post
    Also the nets didn't "gut their roster" they have the same core (yes I kno that core didn't have much playing time together health issues etc etc) their starters are the same add in JJ.

    D will knows the system . Brook Lopez knows the system. K humpries knows the system. G wall is familiar at least should be with film and team netting and practice even though not much through playtime. Brooks knows the system. That's 4 starters and a backup who all are pretty damn familiar with the system and are not to be excused by "the learning curve"

    The rest of the players shouldn't matter too much because if they do then u can argue the same excuse for teams like Boston (a bunch of new role players but same core) and Dallas,except thy don't make excuses.
    You are wrong.

    Blatche
    Teletovic
    Johnson
    Watson
    Taylor
    Evans
    Toko
    Childress

    Not to mention that any combination of Wallace, Lopez and Johnson have yet to play a single game together. So please stop.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    I dont expect anything back, Nets have given me great entertainment since I have watched them.
    Yes... they certainly have been entertaining. There is something satisfyingly entertaining about watching Yi Jianlian get blocked by the rim.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,956
    vCash
    1500
    Back on topic. The preseason doesn't matter. I remember in 2000, our squad was horrible in the preseason, yet we ended up winning it all.

    Too much stock in preseason. It's about experimenting and gaining chemistry while also making roster cuts.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Jersey We Go Hard
    Posts
    9,248
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Yes... they certainly have been entertaining. There is something satisfyingly entertaining about watching Yi Jianlian get blocked by the rim.
    EVERY TEAM has up and downs

    It takes a real LEGEND to win a championship in Brooklyn, and I think we've found that special person. Deron Williams only a matter of time before the gold comes home. If there is one guy who can do it, its you! We love you Deron and hope you retire in Brooklyn!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Down Figueroa
    Posts
    16,785
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Some people are unbiased just for the sake of being unbiased, they want to look "cool" and want to make friends on here. I tell it like it is. I am not here to make friends with people behind their keyboards. I am here to rep the NEts.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    EVERY TEAM has up and downs
    Not in your mind. in your mind the Nets have only ups. A lot of ups.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Back on topic. The preseason doesn't matter. I remember in 2000, our squad was horrible in the preseason, yet we ended up winning it all.

    Too much stock in preseason. It's about experimenting and gaining chemistry while also making roster cuts.
    Pre-season means absolutely nothing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Jersey We Go Hard
    Posts
    9,248
    vCash
    1500
    I divided Nets pre season record 3 and 2 and got 0.66666666666 then multiplied that by 82 and got 54.6 wins but then with Chemistry and them meshing I add 6 wins. So I think they are a 60 win team.

    It takes a real LEGEND to win a championship in Brooklyn, and I think we've found that special person. Deron Williams only a matter of time before the gold comes home. If there is one guy who can do it, its you! We love you Deron and hope you retire in Brooklyn!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    STAT CITY
    Posts
    4,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    I divided Nets pre season record 3 and 2 and got 0.66666666666 then multiplied that by 82 and got 54.6 wins but then with Chemistry and them meshing I add 6 wins. So I think they are a 60 win team.
    It doesn't work like that
    Deal with it


  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    209
    vCash
    1500
    .
    Last edited by Hoopin&Swoopin; 11-05-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •