Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Game Thread: Raptors @ Nets... HELLO BROOKLYN!!!!!!

I'll start the thread. Brook looks awesome. Bench is great. We need more from JJ

vCash
    Brook Lopez was beasting it today and I think he should have had an even better game

vCash
    You got some tremendous help from the Refs tonight... LOTS of calls went Brooklyn's way.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

vCash
    Refs didn't screw the game, they gave Brooklyn the benefit of the doubt in loose balls only.

Other than that, nice first game. A win is very important. The crowd was not great by any standards, but miles better than the crowd in New Jersey. The real test will obviously come when we play the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics. They have to make Brooklyn a home court in those games.

The team looked allright. Bear in mind that playing a first game in a new city is never easy. We are not talking about an established fan base, or culture here. The energy was new, and raw. Don't expect a team to just win immediately. The Nets struggled for the win, but they won. There were times when the Raptors kept coming back, but this time unlike previous years the quality of the roster made the difference. Morrow's absence was felt as the Nets didn't shoot a lot of 3s, or even accurately for that matter. When he gets minutes, Teletovic should be a difference maker there. Which brings me to minutes. As it looks, this team is very deep. Minutes will have to be earned by players which are already NBA material.

Worst point of the night: Gerald Wallace may have gotten injured, in a possession where he unnecessarily gave too much energy. But Wallace is not called Crash for nothing, he will bring it every possession. His defensive hustle was felt throughout the game, he's what Hump brought us last year at the 3 position. With Evans on the court, Hump got exposed for the mediocre, yet hustle player that he is. Didn't get many stats nor made very smart plays. Evans looks like he'll be a very important hustle player off the bench.

Hopefully Wallace is not injured, but if he is, there should be enough players on the bench ready to step in. The problem is creating chemistry with so many different players, hope Avery does a good job. Good luck to him, and nice win for the Nets again. Lets go Nets. It's difficult to make predictions right now, but from what I've seen we really are the new Atlanta Hawks. Unless players like Lopez and Brooks break out.

vCash
    Brooklyn We Go Hard

1 - 0 Baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joshhorvath View Post
    You got some tremendous help from the Refs tonight... LOTS of calls went Brooklyn's way.
    You want some cheese with that whine??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    Refs didn't screw the game, they gave Brooklyn the benefit of the doubt in loose balls only.

Other than that, nice first game. A win is very important. The crowd was not great by any standards, but miles better than the crowd in New Jersey. The real test will obviously come when we play the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics. They have to make Brooklyn a home court in those games.

The team looked allright. Bear in mind that playing a first game in a new city is never easy. We are not talking about an established fan base, or culture here. The energy was new, and raw. Don't expect a team to just win immediately. The Nets struggled for the win, but they won. There were times when the Raptors kept coming back, but this time unlike previous years the quality of the roster made the difference. Morrow's absence was felt as the Nets didn't shoot a lot of 3s, or even accurately for that matter. When he gets minutes, Teletovic should be a difference maker there. Which brings me to minutes. As it looks, this team is very deep. Minutes will have to be earned by players which are already NBA material.

Worst point of the night: Gerald Wallace may have gotten injured, in a possession where he unnecessarily gave too much energy. But Wallace is not called Crash for nothing, he will bring it every possession. His defensive hustle was felt throughout the game, he's what Hump brought us last year at the 3 position. With Evans on the court, Hump got exposed for the mediocre, yet hustle player that he is. Didn't get many stats nor made very smart plays. Evans looks like he'll be a very important hustle player off the bench.

Hopefully Wallace is not injured, but if he is, there should be enough players on the bench ready to step in. The problem is creating chemistry with so many different players, hope Avery does a good job. Good luck to him, and nice win for the Nets again. Lets go Nets. It's difficult to make predictions right now, but from what I've seen we really are the new Atlanta Hawks. Unless players like Lopez and Brooks break out.
    Too long. Didn't read.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Too long. Didn't read.
    I thought the first game of the season in a new city with a new team deserved a long analysis. Normally i would agree with you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    I thought the first game of the season in a new city with a new team deserved a long analysis. Normally i would agree with you.
    Just kidding I actually did read it. Great analysis of the game.

I am so pumped for this season

Wallace is tough as nails.
    Last edited by Vintage; 11-03-2012 at 10:53 PM.

vCash
    A tad disappointed we didn't get to see Mirza. But a win is a win & JJ doesn't pass.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Hello brooklyn! 1 & 0

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    A tad disappointed we didn't get to see Mirza. But a win is a win & JJ doesn't pass.
    Saw him make a nice pass to Brook in the lane but it bounced off Lopez hand.

vCash
    Hello brooklyn# great start to the season!

Props to MJ BULLS!

vCash
    Went to first Nets game in Brooklyn. The arena is beautiful, the upper deck seats are closer to the court (more vertical, less bowl-shaped). The sound was bad - they'll fix that. BrooklyKnight - may have to rethink that one. The crowd is just beginning to develop a personality - that'll take a while. Jay-Z was there. Overall very exciting. They gave out T-shirts saying "Fan Since Day One". Prokhorov knows how to do things right. He'll build a winner.

vCash
    As far as the game itself, I'm a new Nets fan, so these are first impressions: the bigs didn't play D. Lopez obviously is skilled offensively. Humphries didn't show much and got pulled. The D picked up when the subs came in, that's when the Nets caught up and went ahead. The bench was really good, Watson, Brooks. Wallace is a big time player. JJ didn't do much, but he will be there. Williams was disappointing I thought, he did have 19 and 9, but somehow I was expecting more from the franchise player.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast