Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibumi19 View Post
    And that's what's frustrating about the Yanks' offense. You know that many of the teams that play the Yankees will employ a shift of some sorts because they know that's where the ball is going to go, so why still insist on hitting the ball there? Like with Teixeira, he can see the shift, yet he won't hit the ball the other way. Guys in the league that hit for good average and get high OBPs tend to hit the ball all over the place, make the defense spread out and not anticipate where the ball will land.

And you can see it, too, with the way the Yanks' players were swinging: they still try to pull on the ball, even when the pitch was to the outside part of the plate. That's damn impossible, and if they did hit the ball, it went to either SS (for RH hitters) or 2B (for LH ones).
    Don't know if you recall, but Prince Fielder (left handed brute of a man) came up with Miggy on second in Yankee Stadium and hit the ball the other way to drive in the run. Perfect example for Tex and the rest of the pull happy team.

2. 10-22-2012, 08:00 PM

vCash
    Are you serious? Dude if Bernie was so.successful, why was he sent back down to AA after he hit .216 that first year? Why was Roberto Kelly considered the better prospect? Why was Bernie always lauded for not stealing enough and not hitting enough with power? Bernie became good with time. DJ was only being counted on to hit .250 and supply good defense. I'm sorry but your information is flawed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kreiderisabeast View Post
    It will be more of the same. Old farts who can't get it done in the post season. Eventually, the team won't make the post season because they are too old.

Cashman has little brain power and the Yanks scouts are terrible. The front office and scouting staff needs to be canned. They have stunk for years. Only the payroll has saved the front office, incompetence.
    The Yankees have only rebuilt once in my lifetime (early 90's when George was suspended). And going over things, I don't see too many times before that they did either. The only reload.

So, keep that dream up. Rebuilding teams don't pay the bills and the fans in NY won't tolerate it.

You also don't rebuild teams that get bounced from the playoffs... you rebuild teams that are eliminated from the playoffs in early sept. (like boston this year)

vCash
    the only minors guys i see that can have some sort of impact on the club would be david adams and cojo, i still need to see more of mustellier but he can easily replace andruw jones, also zolio almonte, i like his makeup and style of play.

i also agree id play romine as the catcher, i just rather not make drastic moves until we are in a better position to either make sound trades, sign FA or develop guys, we are just tied with all these contracts . Main goal should be to be under 189 by 2014 if we arent then we are going to be screwed

vCash
    What we need right now is more guys like Michael Pineda.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    too bad we dont have a great young opposite field hitting stud like Jesus Montero
    X ten

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    too bad we dont have a great young opposite field hitting stud like Jesus Montero

But we sure do have a broken down, intoxicated, unproven 9th starter to fill the void.........

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Bernie Williams and Derek Jeter were both successful in the minors.

Melky Mesa has not been able to consistently hit like either of them.

There are a lot of "can't miss" guys who "miss." But the number of guys who have mediocre minor league careers, then make it in the majors is small.

If you're worried about Melky Mesa becoming the next Jay Buhner or Fred McGriff, don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by nolayankeefan View Post
    Are you serious? Dude if Bernie was so.successful, why was he sent back down to AA after he hit .216 that first year? Why was Roberto Kelly considered the better prospect? Why was Bernie always lauded for not stealing enough and not hitting enough with power? Bernie became good with time. DJ was only being counted on to hit .250 and supply good defense. I'm sorry but your information is flawed.
    I was hoping you were right. I didn't know, so I looked.

Duh.

Bernie Had real good minor league seasons at 21, 22, 23, right before he came up. Jeter was better at 20 and 21.

Fail.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Michael Pineda currently weighs 330 lbs.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    330... how tall is this guy?..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wyseguy78 View Post
    330... how tall is this guy?..
    6'6" I think?

Eric Berry Strong

vCash
    Moo.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Bernie Williams hit .216 when promoted to Triple A, and the Yankees only wanted Derek Jeter to him .250 when he first came up. Just because a player doesn't light the world on fire, doesn't mean they wont out to be good if not great. Shane Spencer, Ricky Ledee and Kevin Maas were considered can't miss major league talent, and scouts were drooling over Todd Van Poppel when he first came up. I would rather take a chance on our home grown players than to see them become the next Jay Buhner or Fred McGriff with another team.
    Spencer, Ledee, and Maas were never considered anywhere close to cant miss prospects.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    the core four was a once in a generation phenomenon

vCash
    Here's a bright idea, use the farm system players. We played Bernie Williams when he was considered nothing more than a 4th or 5th outfielder, but we played him and he produced. Its time to do that again.
    Ummmm, this is still the New York Yankees... Rebuilding is NOT in the list of options. You think cashman is hated now, if he goes into a rebuilding mode in NY, someone will probably cause him physical harm.

Just listen to comments on this forum... the number of people that Hate playerX, even though they are playing very well... Montero is the only young guy that they have not totally knocked down and that is because of what COULD BE. If he hit in NY like he did for Seattle, they would have been running him down too...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast