Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Until the Yanks build a new, young core

It will be more of the same. Old farts who can't get it done in the post season. Eventually, the team won't make the post season because they are too old.

Cashman has little brain power and the Yanks scouts are terrible. The front office and scouting staff needs to be canned. They have stunk for years. Only the payroll has saved the front office, incompetence.

vCash
    Three of the oldest guys on the team were the Yankees 3 best hitters in the postseason (Jeter, Ibanez, Ichiro).

Age wasn't the problem this postseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Three of the oldest guys on the team were the Yankees 3 best hitters in the postseason (Jeter, Ibanez, Ichiro).

isssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh logic is not allowed here an this is why yankees fans are spoiled
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post

Shame on you for spewing facts

FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    63-61

G: 111 | AVG: .269 | HR: 3| RBI: 32| OBP: .319 | SLG: .322 | wOBA: .290 | wRC: 80

vCash
    I think we have too many guys that feed off of poor pitching. We have a lot of guys that are very disciplined and won't give away at bats. We force other pitchers to throw quality strikes.

The problem comes when we face pitchers that do throw quality strikes. Too many of our hitters are pull happy or just don't have the bat speed to hit those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I think we have too many guys that feed off of poor pitching. We have a lot of guys that are very disciplined and won't give away at bats. We force other pitchers to throw quality strikes.

The problem comes when we face pitchers that do throw quality strikes. Too many of our hitters are pull happy or just don't have the bat speed to hit those guys.
    And that's what's frustrating about the Yanks' offense. You know that many of the teams that play the Yankees will employ a shift of some sorts because they know that's where the ball is going to go, so why still insist on hitting the ball there? Like with Teixeira, he can see the shift, yet he won't hit the ball the other way. Guys in the league that hit for good average and get high OBPs tend to hit the ball all over the place, make the defense spread out and not anticipate where the ball will land.

And you can see it, too, with the way the Yanks' players were swinging: they still try to pull on the ball, even when the pitch was to the outside part of the plate. That's damn impossible, and if they did hit the ball, it went to either SS (for RH hitters) or 2B (for LH ones).

vCash
    too bad we dont have a great young opposite field hitting stud like Jesus Montero

vCash
    it will continue until he have actual hitters, not home run or nothing guys
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash

Until the Yanks build a new, young core

Here's a bright idea, use the farm system players. We played Bernie Williams when he was considered nothing more than a 4th or 5th outfielder, but we played him and he produced. Its time to do that again.

vCash
    Whats the point we would just trade them away? Ajax would fit perfect in this line-up instead of strikeout or homerrun Not so granderson
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nolayankeefan View Post
    Here's a bright idea, use the farm system players. We played Bernie Williams when he was considered nothing more than a 4th or 5th outfielder, but we played him and he produced. Its time to do that again.
    Which "farm system players" are you suggesting?

vCash
    I would definitely play Adam Warren, Melky Mesa and Austin Romine as a start. See what they can give us and go from there. I'd rather see what I have in a young, cheap alternative than a high priced failure.

vCash
    I would definitely play Adam Warren, Melky Mesa and Austin Romine as a start. See what they can give us and go from there. I'd rather see what I have in a young, cheap alternative than a high priced failure.
    Warren has been a so-so AAA starter. I have to think he's strictly an "in case someone gets hurt and we can't find Sid Ponson" kind of guy at this point.

Mesa is a career .244 hitter in the minors. You would expect he'd hit less in the majors because the jump from AAA to MLB is huge. Plus, he has difficulty making contact.

Romine is the one who might make the roster as a backup C, but he only appeared in 31 games in 2012, so he's probably ticketed for a full season at AAA. I think Martin returns as C next year. He's a better hitter than he showed in 2012. Anyway, Romine hit just .213 in 17 games at AAA, so there's no reason to believe you're getting more offense with him.

vCash
    Bernie Williams hit .216 when promoted to Triple A, and the Yankees only wanted Derek Jeter to him .250 when he first came up. Just because a player doesn't light the world on fire, doesn't mean they wont out to be good if not great. Shane Spencer, Ricky Ledee and Kevin Maas were considered can't miss major league talent, and scouts were drooling over Todd Van Poppel when he first came up. I would rather take a chance on our home grown players than to see them become the next Jay Buhner or Fred McGriff with another team.

vCash
    Bernie Williams hit .216 when promoted to Triple A, and the Yankees only wanted Derek Jeter to him .250 when he first came up. Just because a player doesn't light the world on fire, doesn't mean they wont out to be good if not great. Shane Spencer, Ricky Ledee and Kevin Maas were considered can't miss major league talent, and scouts were drooling over Todd Van Poppel when he first came up. I would rather take a chance on our home grown players than to see them become the next Jay Buhner or Fred McGriff with another team.
    Bernie Williams and Derek Jeter were both successful in the minors.

Melky Mesa has not been able to consistently hit like either of them.

There are a lot of "can't miss" guys who "miss." But the number of guys who have mediocre minor league careers, then make it in the majors is small.

If you're worried about Melky Mesa becoming the next Jay Buhner or Fred McGriff, don't.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast