Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    22
    vCash
    1500

    Until the Yanks build a new, young core

    It will be more of the same. Old farts who can't get it done in the post season. Eventually, the team won't make the post season because they are too old.

    Cashman has little brain power and the Yanks scouts are terrible. The front office and scouting staff needs to be canned. They have stunk for years. Only the payroll has saved the front office, incompetence.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,805
    vCash
    1500
    Three of the oldest guys on the team were the Yankees 3 best hitters in the postseason (Jeter, Ibanez, Ichiro).

    Age wasn't the problem this postseason.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    bronx newyork
    Posts
    4,591
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Three of the oldest guys on the team were the Yankees 3 best hitters in the postseason (Jeter, Ibanez, Ichiro).

    Age wasn't the problem this postseason.
    isssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh logic is not allowed here an this is why yankees fans are spoiled
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Sentinel Island
    Posts
    5,086
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Three of the oldest guys on the team were the Yankees 3 best hitters in the postseason (Jeter, Ibanez, Ichiro).

    Age wasn't the problem this postseason.
    Shame on you for spewing facts


    FC Bayern Munchen

    New York Yankees

    45-44



    G: 78 | AVG: .269 | HR: 2| RBI: 24 | OBP: .321 | SLG: .323 | wOBA: .291 | wRC: 79

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    21,782
    vCash
    1500
    I think we have too many guys that feed off of poor pitching. We have a lot of guys that are very disciplined and won't give away at bats. We force other pitchers to throw quality strikes.

    The problem comes when we face pitchers that do throw quality strikes. Too many of our hitters are pull happy or just don't have the bat speed to hit those guys.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

    Trill Team

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,541
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I think we have too many guys that feed off of poor pitching. We have a lot of guys that are very disciplined and won't give away at bats. We force other pitchers to throw quality strikes.

    The problem comes when we face pitchers that do throw quality strikes. Too many of our hitters are pull happy or just don't have the bat speed to hit those guys.
    And that's what's frustrating about the Yanks' offense. You know that many of the teams that play the Yankees will employ a shift of some sorts because they know that's where the ball is going to go, so why still insist on hitting the ball there? Like with Teixeira, he can see the shift, yet he won't hit the ball the other way. Guys in the league that hit for good average and get high OBPs tend to hit the ball all over the place, make the defense spread out and not anticipate where the ball will land.

    And you can see it, too, with the way the Yanks' players were swinging: they still try to pull on the ball, even when the pitch was to the outside part of the plate. That's damn impossible, and if they did hit the ball, it went to either SS (for RH hitters) or 2B (for LH ones).

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    633
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibumi19 View Post
    And that's what's frustrating about the Yanks' offense. You know that many of the teams that play the Yankees will employ a shift of some sorts because they know that's where the ball is going to go, so why still insist on hitting the ball there? Like with Teixeira, he can see the shift, yet he won't hit the ball the other way. Guys in the league that hit for good average and get high OBPs tend to hit the ball all over the place, make the defense spread out and not anticipate where the ball will land.

    And you can see it, too, with the way the Yanks' players were swinging: they still try to pull on the ball, even when the pitch was to the outside part of the plate. That's damn impossible, and if they did hit the ball, it went to either SS (for RH hitters) or 2B (for LH ones).
    Don't know if you recall, but Prince Fielder (left handed brute of a man) came up with Miggy on second in Yankee Stadium and hit the ball the other way to drive in the run. Perfect example for Tex and the rest of the pull happy team.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    21,196
    vCash
    1500
    too bad we dont have a great young opposite field hitting stud like Jesus Montero

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    648
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    too bad we dont have a great young opposite field hitting stud like Jesus Montero
    X ten

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    3,415
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    too bad we dont have a great young opposite field hitting stud like Jesus Montero






    But we sure do have a broken down, intoxicated, unproven 9th starter to fill the void.........


    And so, a new era begins.....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,547
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Bernie Williams and Derek Jeter were both successful in the minors.

    Melky Mesa has not been able to consistently hit like either of them.

    There are a lot of "can't miss" guys who "miss." But the number of guys who have mediocre minor league careers, then make it in the majors is small.

    If you're worried about Melky Mesa becoming the next Jay Buhner or Fred McGriff, don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by nolayankeefan View Post
    Are you serious? Dude if Bernie was so.successful, why was he sent back down to AA after he hit .216 that first year? Why was Roberto Kelly considered the better prospect? Why was Bernie always lauded for not stealing enough and not hitting enough with power? Bernie became good with time. DJ was only being counted on to hit .250 and supply good defense. I'm sorry but your information is flawed.
    I was hoping you were right. I didn't know, so I looked.

    Duh.

    Bernie Had real good minor league seasons at 21, 22, 23, right before he came up. Jeter was better at 20 and 21.

    Fail.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

    [Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    it will continue until he have actual hitters, not home run or nothing guys
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7
    vCash
    1500

    Until the Yanks build a new, young core

    Here's a bright idea, use the farm system players. We played Bernie Williams when he was considered nothing more than a 4th or 5th outfielder, but we played him and he produced. Its time to do that again.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,460
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nolayankeefan View Post
    Here's a bright idea, use the farm system players. We played Bernie Williams when he was considered nothing more than a 4th or 5th outfielder, but we played him and he produced. Its time to do that again.
    Which "farm system players" are you suggesting?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,804
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nolayankeefan View Post
    Here's a bright idea, use the farm system players. We played Bernie Williams when he was considered nothing more than a 4th or 5th outfielder, but we played him and he produced. Its time to do that again.
    Ummmm, this is still the New York Yankees... Rebuilding is NOT in the list of options. You think cashman is hated now, if he goes into a rebuilding mode in NY, someone will probably cause him physical harm.

    Just listen to comments on this forum... the number of people that Hate playerX, even though they are playing very well... Montero is the only young guy that they have not totally knocked down and that is because of what COULD BE. If he hit in NY like he did for Seattle, they would have been running him down too...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •