Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Bourn & Valverde?

MLB Unique posted their predictions, here's a copy/paste:

27. Jose Valverde - New York Mets (2 years, $17 M)

5. Michael Bourn - New York Mets (6 years, $84 M)

What do you guys think? Would you be opposed to signings like this? Now we most likely wont spend this type of money in the off-season, but if we did woudl you approve?

vCash
    There is no chance of that happening.

vCash
    Hell no that would be such a mistake, glad we don't have enough money to do it.

vCash
    seconded on the 0 chance of this happening. i have 0 faith in a productive offseason
    This is just the beginning. Let's keep it up. History is bound to repeat itself. Let's hope that this time it's for the best.

vCash
    I don't want any of those two right now.

You only get guys like that when you have a team ready to make a legit run that has a legit core already.

We don't have a legit team ready for a run, and we don't have a legit core. This is a Kansas City Royals move. It's pathetic.

4th place here we come AGAIN.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind Bourn on a 3 or 4 year deal at 11-12 a year, but that's not happening.

Get Valverde out of here.

If we're picking up a FA CF I want to see Upton here.

www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    Every time i hear the name Valverde I think of this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ePe7Q_zH1c
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Like THAT would ever happen.

vCash
    Also, the Mets' pick isn't protected. I don't want to give up a first rounder again.

vCash
    Soooooooo are we against it or not? All I see if "it wont happen" which is not what I asked lol I asked id you guys would like the moves or not, not whether or not if it happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    Soooooooo are we against it or not? All I see if "it wont happen" which is not what I asked lol I asked id you guys would like the moves or not, not whether or not if it happens.
    Pretty sure I said no 100%

6 years 84 mil for Bourn? GTFO lol, that is like Carl Crawford money for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    I'm against that. I don't want to give Bourn that much because he is getting up there in age and, with speed being his primary asset, who knows what he'll be like in a few years.

As for Valverde, I think it's clear that we need to stray away from giving relievers so muhc money. Just look at K-Rod, Putz, Frank Frank, Heath Bell, etc...

That money could be used to sign draft picks and make moves in the future when we're on the brink of becoming a very good team.

vCash
    The Coupons aren't spending any money on FAs. There will be no notable FA signings this offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I'm against that. I don't want to give Bourn that much because he is getting up there in age and, with speed being his primary asset, who knows what he'll be like in a few years.

As for Valverde, I think it's clear that we need to stray away from giving relievers so muhc money. Just look at K-Rod, Putz, Frank Frank, Heath Bell, etc...

That money could be used to sign draft picks and make moves in the future when we're on the brink of becoming a very good team.
    Well said.

WE ARE NOT ON THE BRINK OF BECOMING A GOOD TEAM. WE STINK BIG TIME!!!!

These are just "plug-in" moves that will prevent us from falling in the "60-loss-5th place zone", and it allows us to stay in the "70-wins-4th place zone". I don't want to be in either of those zones.

I'd rather spend any money we have on draft picks and international YOUNG signings (remember we signed Jose Reyes young a decade ago). No need for moves like these. They'd be terrible for our situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesser View Post
    The Coupons aren't spending any money on FAs. There will be no notable FA signings this offseason.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast