Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Chris Young or Jason Kubel?

It said on MLBTraderumors that the D'backs are making Young expendable and one of Kubel/Parra. I think that Young would be a PERFECT fit in Citi and in the middle of our lineup. What do you think we'd have to give up to get him, and would you want him?
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...-or-parra.html

vCash
    Young is owed $8.5MM in 2013 and his $11MM option for 2014 carries a $1.5MM buyout, and Piecoro reports that the D'Backs expect to eat some of that money in any Young trade.

I think that would really appeal to us too. It seems like we wouldn't have to give up too much in a deal

vCash
    I was thinking of our Chris Young and thought "Well, this is a no-brainer."

It would take some good hitting propsects to get either, just because Arizona is up to their necks in pitching depth. A package built around Flores would be what they would ask for in my opinion.
    Last edited by MetsFanatic19; 10-12-2012 at 06:08 AM.

vCash
    Too much salary and they are not the answer for this organization.

vCash
    Chris Young makes me drool, a bat this lineup needs and could provide some speed. Leadoff power hitter, bat Ruben 2nd were he belongs and have Wright 3rd Ike 4th and Murphy 5th dangerous lineup! high on salary though but i wouldn't mind, its our owners that wouldn't bite. A down year last year so a change could do him good. Would really love the move if its for the right price.

vCash

Chris Young or Jason Kubel?

Give me Parra and you have your center fielder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Give me Parra and you have your center fielder.
    problem with Parra is that offensively he's redundant of Daniel Murphy:
    Lefty hitter without a lot of HR power or speed, that hits ok vs LHP but not great against LHP...The Mets lineup is already too lefty, and lacking in power/speed...

However, the D'Backs are rumored to be looking for help at either 3B or SS, I think Murphy has always been a better fit at 3B than 2B (but that position is already filled on the Mets)...

If Murphy was swapped with Parra, that might keep the balance from being even more lefty/weak/slow because you are basically replacing Murphy with a better defensive player...

Even though I prefer Parra as a better overall player than Chris Young, I think Young would be the better fit for the Mets needs:
    pure Centerfielder;
    Righty with both power and speed that could bat leadoff or anywhere in the lineup;

Problems with Young:
    He's a solid hitter vs LHP; but relatively lame vs RHP...
    He's getting paid a pretty solid salary for a guy that hits like a platoon player...

Now if you could somehow combine Young's hitting vs LHP with Parra's hitting vs RHP and either one of their defense; you'd have a solid player to trade for...

vCash
    Parra is an actual gold glove OF, not... Whatever Murphy is with the glove. That has value.

No thanks to Chris Young, I don't see him improving ever.

vCash
    Just give Chris Young the same number as the Chris Young that was here last season. Young would be an excellent addition to this Mets ballclub. Kubel isn't a bad backup plan.

vCash
    I would actually prefer Kubel

I know Young helps the speed problem but he has hit 230 the last two seasons and I don't see him improving much. Kubel is another guy who can hit 25 HRs to throw in the heart of the order with Davis and Wright.

vCash
    I would rather Young because he's a great defensive CF with pop and speed.

vCash
    Young has a lot of raw power I would take young. If you put young ahead of Wright he'll see a lot of fastballs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I was thinking of our Chris Young and thought "Well, this is a no-brainer."

It would take some good hitting propsects to get either, just because Arizona is up to their necks in pitching depth. A package built around Flores would be what they would ask for in my opinion.
    I would only give up Flores in an Upton deal which won't happen.
    I like Young. Great xbh hitter, good fielder, decent eye

vCash
    Would love Chris Young. I don't even care if he can only hit a max of .250-.260, he's an actual #5 hitter. Ruben, Murphy, Wright, Ike, Young is a real top 5 to a batting order. It's also R-L-R-L-R which is appealing and a refreshing change from the Mets this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    The Mets need power so desperately i guess we can deal with .220 hitters in our lineup.

**** it then pickup Arencibia as well.

We'll hit home runs and never drive in runs anyway else except from Wright lol.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-15-2012 at 11:31 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast