Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    Beane doesn't factor emotions into making team decisions. Gomes won't take a discount to comeback; his 18 HRs will get him a nice bump in salary elsewhere.

I think we will move Crisp or Reddick, most likely Coco since his salary is commensurate with Young's and they both play CF. Young also makes $11 in 2014 with a buyout, so we'll prob only have him for 1 season.

Moving Pennington opens the door for Inge to return as a utility guy.
    Reddick is under club control until 2017. Moving him would be pants on heads ********.

vCash
    Wow, this is an interesting move. I would say Crisp is the one going to be traded. Good news for Drew, probably means we are bringing him back. Also good news for Weeks, I think he can bounce back. I know Penny was good at d, but his bat was terrible. Yordy was once regarded as a high prospect, but not so much anymore, best of luck to him. Overall all I think it is a good move.

vCash
    this move keeps Gomes out.

I think Crisp will remain our CF-er, Young and Smith will DH.

i wouldnt have done this deal, i would have rather got a better 2b or some veteran starting pitching...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agureghian View Post
    this move keeps Gomes out.

I think Crisp will remain our CF-er, Young and Smith will DH.

i wouldnt have done this deal, i would have rather got a better 2b or some veteran starting pitching...
    If it ends up being what you're saying, I'm going to assume Young would be the everyday center fielder and Crisp the DH.
    Why in the world is it so important to get the calls right ?
    -7chuck7

vCash
    No chance of Chris Young being relegated to DH duties. He's a great outfielder. Covers a lot of range. And he doesnt have a noodle arm like coco!
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    I know Beane says he really likes Crisp, but if he is trade what teams would be interested? Maybe Tampa, Atlanta (if the lose Bourn), Cleveland, Texas (if they can't resign hamilton) SF (if they don't bring back melky and or pagan. What players would you want from any of these teams?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    No chance of Chris Young being relegated to DH duties. He's a great outfielder. Covers a lot of range. And he doesnt have a noodle arm like coco!
    good point on the noodle arm.

vCash
    Not texas. You don't trade within your division.

vCash
    Pretty darn good move value wise, I'll take CY over Pennington any day. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the OF as a result of this. I'm thinking we either we trade Coco and CY takes his place or Gomes signs elsewhere and CY and Crisp platoon in CF. I'm hoping it's Coco that goes (not that I dislike him) but I think Gomes leaving might be more likely because it's simpler since we'd have to find a trade partner for Crisp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    Beane doesn't factor emotions into making team decisions. Gomes won't take a discount to comeback; his 18 HRs will get him a nice bump in salary elsewhere.

I think we will move Crisp or Reddick, most likely Coco since his salary is commensurate with Young's and they both play CF. Young also makes $11 in 2014 with a buyout, so we'll prob only have him for 1 season.

Moving Pennington opens the door for Inge to return as a utility guy.
    He hit 18 home runs in Oakland, Christ all mighty, i though he was part of a platoon, lol damn that's good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Reddick is under club control until 2017. Moving him would be pants on heads ********.
    this makes me laugh every time i see it.

especially considering how horrible he was in the 2nd half.
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    idk maybe make Cespedes DH, he isn't quite as durable as some of the others, and just put Coco in left
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Not texas. You don't trade within your division.
    not unless you have too.

Why is Arizona Beanes favorite trading partner?

vCash
    Gomes stays, Crisp is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydawla View Post
    why facepalm, Coco did drop that fly ball that kept the A's out of the world series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Why is Arizona Beanes favorite trading partner?
    Because he gives good deals.

Haren, Cahill, Pennington... need I say more?

for

Carlos Gonzalez (Michael Taylor; bust), Brett Anderson, Chris Carter, Jarrod Parker, Ryan Cook, and Chris Young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    this makes me laugh every time i see it.

especially considering how horrible he was in the 2nd half.
    That's a little misleading, Reddick was only horrible in that last month. I completely agree with Guppy that it would be stupid to trade him. He was the best player on the team, he's young, and he's under control.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12