Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52

Thread: Would you

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    3,036
    vCash
    1500

    Would you

    So the Browns, Chiefs, Raiders and Jags are all fighting for the 1st overall pick. being a KC fan im dying for a QB and im just trying to see where Browns and Jags fans minds are at when it comes to the draft. Weeden is 29 and will be 30 during the season next year. He easily has 5-6 years left he will play. Would You guys want with a new GM, a new QB. A Barkley or Geno Smith, or would you be content with Weeden for a few seasons and take the BPA on the D side of the ball. just trying to get the fans view on the situation. or even if you get the 1st the pick, would you be more willing to make a trade and move back a few spots in the top 5. u wouldnt get a 1st round but prob another 2nd?
    GIFSoup
    GREATEST CATCH OF ALL TIME
    11.13.11 Jon Baldwin KC Chiefs Rookie


    Get Whooped in some Madden 13 Private message me with your PSN name and get that *** smashed

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    O H I O
    Posts
    12,739
    vCash
    1500
    I would pass on a QB and get another WR personally.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    3,036
    vCash
    1500
    there is no WR worth the 1st overall pick.
    GIFSoup
    GREATEST CATCH OF ALL TIME
    11.13.11 Jon Baldwin KC Chiefs Rookie


    Get Whooped in some Madden 13 Private message me with your PSN name and get that *** smashed

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,661
    vCash
    500
    I'd look at getting Jarvis Jones or a pass rusher like Mingo or Montgomery. However, with a new regime anything is possible. If we get the 1st pick it will likely be because Weeden failed to progress throughout the season which would likely make the decision easier. With that said I'm not sure I'd be thrilled about getting Geno or Barkley. Neither screams elite to me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    3,036
    vCash
    1500
    I dont get how RG3 looked Elite to so many but Geno who is having a better year than RG3. people seem to think he is going to be a bust? i think Browns are better off trading back maybe 4-5 spots (if they get the first pick) and maybe grab another 2nd rounder snd still get a top Defender. most teams in the top 5 r looking for a qb so one of the top 3 D players should still b there.
    GIFSoup
    GREATEST CATCH OF ALL TIME
    11.13.11 Jon Baldwin KC Chiefs Rookie


    Get Whooped in some Madden 13 Private message me with your PSN name and get that *** smashed

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,661
    vCash
    500
    Geno Smith does not have the same talent as RGIII. College stats don't project to the next level so comparing them by their numbers isn't exactly the best tool to use. Hell, Colt McCoy would be a lot better if college numbers translated over.

    A big concern with Geno Smith is his ability to read defenses. I've read numerous scouts talking about how simple West Virginia makes the offense for him giving him no more than 2 reads per play. Not to mention he has extremely talented weapons surrounding him. Shawn Zobel is one of my favorite draft evaluators and he currently has a late 2nd/early 3rd round grade on Smith.

    I'm not saying Geno Smith isn't good, he's a great college QB and the likely Heisman winner. I just don't think he's the type of talent to be a top QB in this league and if you're drafting him at #1 he better be.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    463
    vCash
    1500
    Good post on Geno Smith, Melo.

    I'm not big on Matt Barkley either. All USC ever do is throw short 5 yard passes, screens, and various other 'out-the-backfield' plays. I don't think Matt Barkley has the skills to make him worthy of the number 1 overall pick in the NFL.

    Are there any CBs in college that have good potential to be a shutdown corner? I'd like to see the Browns pair up a great young cornerback with Joe Haden, or select a Free Safety. Hopefully they don't get the number one pick (hope Weeden shows tremendous improvement) but still get top 10 and select a defensive back.


    BELIEVELAND 2014 WE PUSHIN

    "George Hill is a better pg/player than Kyrie Irving"

    -Spursfan1/WadeKobe/Jamiebcaller

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Geno Smith does not have the same talent as RGIII. College stats don't project to the next level so comparing them by their numbers isn't exactly the best tool to use. Hell, Colt McCoy would be a lot better if college numbers translated over.

    A big concern with Geno Smith is his ability to read defenses. I've read numerous scouts talking about how simple West Virginia makes the offense for him giving him no more than 2 reads per play. Not to mention he has extremely talented weapons surrounding him. Shawn Zobel is one of my favorite draft evaluators and he currently has a late 2nd/early 3rd round grade on Smith.

    I'm not saying Geno Smith isn't good, he's a great college QB and the likely Heisman winner. I just don't think he's the type of talent to be a top QB in this league and if you're drafting him at #1 he better be.
    It's amazing. Someone sees a monster game where no defense is played and suddenly he is the #1 pick. Actually watching him play against a defense is eye opening. The book is out there on him now. Put pressure in his face and he folds. Texas Tech and now Kansas State have shut him down and blown him out and neither is the caliber he will see even against lowly NFL teams, let alone Pitt, Baltimore, and Cinci.

    And to the OP, you are crazy if you think trading the #1 overall pick would only net a 2nd rounder. You just said Geno is better than RG3 yet he is worth 2 less 1st rounders?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    O H I O
    Posts
    12,739
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FKNRUEHH925 View Post
    there is no WR worth the 1st overall pick.
    Who the hell said I would draft a WR at # 1 overall??? Plus I promise we will not finish that badly to get the # 1 pick.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    O H I O
    Posts
    12,739
    vCash
    1500
    Robert Woods would be cash money to go with Flash Gordon.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,631
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    Robert Woods would be cash money to go with Flash Gordon.
    I'd rather have Keenan Allen than Robert Woods but glad we got draft talk going again. LOL. If the Browns have the #1 pick then most likely I think they would trade it back for additional picks. There is no reason not to. Right now Weeden is not losing the Brownies games and he should get at least another year next year after this his progression year which he is doing very well. The team needs D. They don't have a second round pick next year and don't need one of the overrated IMO QB's coming out next year. Trade back somewhere in the top 6, obtain a second rounder in 2013 and then a first and second in 2014 and anything else they can get to try obtaining a shut down Corner, Pass rushing DE, all around OLB and playmaking FS.

    Then in FA, go sign a veteran WR with sure hands to teach the youngsters and a starting offensive Guard especially now not knowing what will happen with Pinkston.

    Best Friends 4-Life!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    2,546
    vCash
    1500
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! We have 10 weeks left in the season, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT THE DRAFT TALK ALREADY?!?!?!?!?!?

    We have no idea where we will pick, we don't know any underclassmen that will come out, we don't know any free agents that will be signed, we don't know any players that may get injured between now and the draft, we haven't had the spectacle that is the NFL Combine yet...NO DRAFT TALK!!!!!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,631
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! We have 10 weeks left in the season, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT THE DRAFT TALK ALREADY?!?!?!?!?!?

    We have no idea where we will pick, we don't know any underclassmen that will come out, we don't know any free agents that will be signed, we don't know any players that may get injured between now and the draft, we haven't had the spectacle that is the NFL Combine yet...NO DRAFT TALK!!!!!!
    I've said this since Week 1 but this is Cleveland sports, no matter what it will always be brought up sadly. I am to the point where I am done *****ing about draft talk in Week 7 as there will always be people continually bringing it up and since I love talking the Browns and talking college football players then might as well embrace it to the point where I am not making mock drafts at least yet. I wouldn't mind a draft talk forum that talks about College Football players, what we like, what happened this week in CFB and why that player might transfer well to the pro game. If I see a mock draft though then that is just too much right now.

    Best Friends 4-Life!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    233
    vCash
    1500
    I think no matter what, the team needs to focus on Defense and setting themselves up to be able to make trades to get Clowney when he comes out of S Carolina after his junior year.

    Cooper needs to stay in the lineup, he has what, 6 receptions and 6 first downs? Gordon will be #1 receiver and Little showed his potential on Sunday...WR may not be the weakest link anymore.

    Browns top priorities, IMO, is FS, OLB, DLINE, OG
    [/B]I am a Pit Puritan.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    377
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by JackAttackJack View Post
    I think no matter what, the team needs to focus on Defense and setting themselves up to be able to make trades to get Clowney when he comes out of S Carolina after his junior year.

    Cooper needs to stay in the lineup, he has what, 6 receptions and 6 first downs? Gordon will be #1 receiver and Little showed his potential on Sunday...WR may not be the weakest link anymore.

    Browns top priorities, IMO, is FS, OLB, DLINE, OG
    Yeah, Clowney is a beast. I think defense is definitely a must. I would maybe take a WR in mid-late rounds just for some competition, but I think OLB is top need. Mine would be as follows: COACH (couldn't resist), OLB, FS, CB, OG, DLINE

    If we do get one of top picks, hope situation arises where we can trade down to someone that wants QB. Jarvis Jones is a name that sticks out to me. Haven't seen him all that much, any of you guys seen him play? I heard he was pretty good against South Carolina. Otto- like your idea of having an area to talk about college football players that people notice. WAY to early for Mock Drafts

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •