Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cano seeking 10 year 200+

Just read the Joel Sherman article per MLBTR

Trade this clown.

vCash

Cano seeks 10 year deal

Cano is reportedly seeking a 10 year deal at "top-of-the-market" dollars.

Via RAB: http://riveraveblues.com/2012/10/she...dollars-78031/

Pass. Trade him for all you can get at next season's trade deadline. I think we can all agree that adding another AROD-esque deal to our already bloated payroll will be detrimental to the long-term viability of the Yankees. Considering the fact that he is a 2B, 8 years would be outrageous and 10 would be pure stupidity.

If he's willing to sign an extension worth $135 million over 6 years ($22.5 AAV) with a possible 7th year vesting option which would be triggered by something like MVP votes in his final season or two, then I'd be down. But that would be the absolute maximum, take it or leave it scenario and he would be 38 years old at the end of the deal (assuming the vesting option is triggered).

Otherwise trade him for the best offer of mlb-ready players and high ceiling prospects. I know some of you may say that it's only one year of Cano that the other team is getting but you have to remember that, playoff struggles aside, this is the best second baseman (which is a notoriously weak offensive position) in the entire sport and the acquiring team will have the inside track on extending him. So they will need to pay up big time.
    Last edited by x McLovin x; 10-20-2012 at 03:14 PM.

vCash
    I'd trade him in three seconds.

I'd NEVER offer a big contract again. Like, ever.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Man he is so good. The Yanks could ask for boatload from any team.

vCash
    He would still get a lot on the trade market, but I didn't realize he only has 1 year left. You won't get as much as I thought back in a deal.

vCash
    Call the Dodgers offer them CC, Cano and A-Fraud, that would free up some $$$$$.
    Last edited by BILLYBALL; 10-20-2012 at 03:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Man he is so good. The Yanks could ask for boatload from any team.
    Yeah I know, although I'm almost never in favor of the Yankees trading elite level talent at any position because it's very hard to recoup commensurate talent that can fill that void, I'd be extremely excited if we had a chance of obtaining a Mark Teixeria-like package for him (Elvis Andrus, Neftali Feliz, Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Matt Harrison).

vCash
    QUICK hide the YANKEE check book from Brian Cashman . . . We still owe A-Fraud 114 MILLION and A. J. Burnett 10 Million.
    Last edited by BILLYBALL; 10-20-2012 at 03:50 PM.

vCash
    If we can land another michael pineda in a trade then I'm all for a trade.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    wonder if the Dodgers are willing to give up their #1 prospect for him since they love those big contract players. Gumbs could be called up to take over for Cano but we would get a great young pitcher

Yankees Offseason Wishlist

1. Explore trades to unload big contracts ( )
    2. Resign Robertson ( )
    3. Acquire a 2nd or 3rd basemen( )
    4. Explore deals/free agency to get a young SS ( )
    5. Take a page out of the Royals book and make a deep bullpen ( )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    He would still get a lot on the trade market, but I didn't realize he only has 1 year left. You won't get as much as I thought back in a deal.
    You never know. Like I said, he is an elite two way player in the prime of his career that plays at a premium position that is notorious for its light-hitting. From all the articles I've read there are countless executives from other teams that completely drool over Cano's tools and it only takes one aggressive GM or owner to make that kind of big trade. Offense is on the decline throughout the entire sport and you'd be crazy to think that there's no team out there that would overpay for Cano.

Can anyone even remember the last time an elite up the middle player was traded in the prime of their careers?
    Last edited by x McLovin x; 10-20-2012 at 04:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    wonder if the Dodgers are willing to give up their #1 prospect for him since they love those big contract players. Gumbs could be called up to take over for Cano but we would get a great young pitcher
    Not really high on the Dodgers system, particularly after exhausting much of their farm system after the series of trades made this past season. They still have Zack Lee and he's an excellent pitching prospect but I'd much rather have the deal centered around offensive prospects given our needs.

vCash
    He and the Yankees probably settle on 8. By then the infield is gone, he'll be the dh and Robbie is the only player making big money.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    I think Cano deserves a multiyear deal but more along the lines of 5 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis_Dude View Post
    I think Cano deserves a multiyear deal but more along the lines of 5 years.
    He's probably going to get 7 or 8 when it's all said and done. The only players that get 5 are pitchers and second tier players.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast