Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I say give him a five year deal at most and maybe a option if he don't take that then trade his ***.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankfan View Post
    I say give him a five year deal at most and maybe a option if he don't take that then trade his ***.
    They won't give him anything until his contract expires, then it will be too late to trade any of his body parts.

vCash
    Cano turns 30 today. His new contract would start when he was 31. How long will he truly be an elite player? 34 if he's lucky. That's only 4 years into his new deal. Anything more than 5-6 years is going to turn out very ugly.

vCash
    Robbie is one of those people who look like they are tanking it, but nobody can keep up with them. You call him lazy.. I call you ignorant of the facts...
    Neither here nor there, I know I would not offer anybody 10 years unless the final 5 were at 5-6 million tops. Will he get it?, he LAA just gave Pujols 10 years, at about the same age. So yes, I expect someone will be stupid.

I would stop at 5 years, 18mil per (this would put him in Tulo's neighborhood.. the highest paid middle infielder in the game and I prefer tulo). Qualifying offer for draft picks and let somebody else have the headache for the last 5 years of that monster he will probably get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    They won't give him anything until his contract expires, then it will be too late to trade any of his body parts.

I see what you did there
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

vCash
    Maybe we can get Kershaw for Cano

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    The best advice is to find out what the Dodgers would do and then do not do that thing.
    no clearly the goal is to out stupid them. they'll give him ten years at 200 million? we hell heres the yankees 15 year offer for 300 million!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill69 View Post
    Don't be sarcastic. If Cashman didn't trade for Pineda, we might be stuck with Gio Gonzalez. Get off Cashman's back. He has a plan. And if you behave yourself, it just might involve future Hall of Famer Javier Vazquez
    god that no trade looks bad now

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    THIS IS WHAT THE YANKEES GET FOR NOT BELIEVING IN EXTENDING THERE PLAYERS WHILE THEY HAVE THEM IN CONTROL ROBBIE WAS BEASTING WHEN HE WAS 26 THAT WHEN THEY SHOULDVE LOCKED HIM TO A FRIENDLY TEAM DEAL LIKE 7 YEAR 13 MILL DEAL OF SOME SORTS...sorry for the caps i never understood that idea if you have a young guy in there prime playing like an mvp then you as a team need to loock them before they become FA and now are looking for a mega deal when they are gettin up there in age
    i love the yankee haters you make us what we are today

vCash
    Trade him this year. As in now.

We need pitching. Period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thapastime7 View Post
    THIS IS WHAT THE YANKEES GET FOR NOT BELIEVING IN EXTENDING THERE PLAYERS WHILE THEY HAVE THEM IN CONTROL ROBBIE WAS BEASTING WHEN HE WAS 26 THAT WHEN THEY SHOULDVE LOCKED HIM TO A FRIENDLY TEAM DEAL LIKE 7 YEAR 13 MILL DEAL OF SOME SORTS...sorry for the caps i never understood that idea if you have a young guy in there prime playing like an mvp then you as a team need to loock them before they become FA and now are looking for a mega deal when they are gettin up there in age
    you do know they could have done that and cano could have wanted to wait, which is likely since he is a boras guy, right?

vCash
    then you trade him simple as that but you do know that most atheletes know there career arent forever so if you offer enough that they cant turn down they will take it pitchers are a shoulder away from ending there career just like a hitter could end at one at bat. you as an athelete you think for now not later....coming in as a rookie being offered millions you would take it instead of saying no ill wait till my 30 to cash in there is no guarantee..am sure robbie and boras had they been offered 7 years 15 mill he wouldve taken it or atleast worked with steinbrenners on a deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    Trade him this year. As in now.

We need pitching. Period.
    we need pitching you do know the pitching carried us for sept and oct i mean we do need pitching every team does but that not why we failed this year hitting in RISP and the hit or miss attitude our team had... we need some average hitters and scrappy players and our power hitters to wake up next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thapastime7 View Post
    we need pitching you do know the pitching carried us for sept and oct i mean we do need pitching every team does but that not why we failed this year hitting in RISP and the hit or miss attitude our team had... we need some average hitters and scrappy players and our power hitters to wake up next year.
    Thats fine, the pitching did wonders, but we still need it.

Sabathia should be okay, elbow surgery or not.

Kuroda/Pettitte? You might get them for one more year.

After that, unless Banuelos is ready to take the next step, and Pineda comes back healthy and ready to roll, youre looking at:

Sabathia
    Hughes
    Nova
    Phelps
    Manny/Pineda/???

Yuck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    you do know they could have done that and cano could have wanted to wait, which is likely since he is a boras guy, right?
    He wasn't a boras guy 3 years ago.

He picked him up as his agent last year.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast