Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    he can seek it but will he get everyoen wants it and ilove cano but if he wants a 10 year deals or walks bye bye trade his ***
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    How many high ceiling prospects are you going to get for a guy on a 1 yr deal?
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    The guy is still the best 2b in the MLB, with new new playoff format there will be teams putting in solid offers.
    New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    If we can land another michael pineda in a trade then I'm all for a trade.
    Slinger has been on fire lately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks038 View Post
    The funny thing about cano is when melky was caught cano started to slump. How can
    he look so bad in the playoffs and finish really hot at the end of the season. I would maybe offer him 5 years the most
    He was a slumping before Melky got caught.

Started off hitting into some hard luck...which lead to a slump...which caused him to do what he always does which is try too hard. Cano is a guy that tries to outhit slumps and that isn't a good thing.

He'll get more than 5
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Watch the Dodgers make an offer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka Jman View Post
    The guy is still the best 2b in the MLB, with new new playoff format there will be teams putting in solid offers.
    Solid offers but you aren't going to get fair value for Cano and who plays second if he is traded

-Heat fan

vCash
    Then see ya birthday buddy!

vCash
    No more 10 year deals, I can live with 6-8.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    The yankees would be wise to trade Cano, Granderson, and A-Rod and complete stack their minor league with the best players in all minor league baseball. This way, in two years, they'll have the youngest team that will be beating everyone left and right.

There will be no significant superstars in the FA market that will make mega differences for a while. Trading for the absolute best high-ceiling prospects is the way to go.
    I tend to agree with you. Arod won't be traded because he doesn't want to be. (at least not yet) Granderson could be moved but for what? I would take a couple of mid level b+ a- , prospects for him but I don't know who would even give that up for him. At this point I'd like to see Ichiro, Dickerson (or another prospect) and Gardner in the OF.
    If Cano took 6-7 for 115-130, I'd say sign him. If not, he's the one guy on the team that has a high yield. We could get a boatload for him. I love him and would be bummed to see him go but if it brought back some excellent 19-24 year old talent and I mean excellent, it would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    If we can land another michael pineda in a trade then I'm all for a trade.
    Maybe we could get Pavano back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by x McLovin x View Post
    Cano is reportedly seeking a 10 year deal at "top-of-the-market" dollars.

Via RAB: http://riveraveblues.com/2012/10/she...dollars-78031/

Pass. Trade him for all you can get at next season's trade deadline. I think we can all agree that adding another AROD-esque deal to our already bloated payroll will be detrimental to the long-term viability of the Yankees. Considering the fact that he is a 2B, 8 years would be outrageous and 10 would be pure stupidity.

If he's willing to sign an extension worth $135 million over 6 years ($22.5 AAV) with a possible 7th year vesting option which would be triggered by something like MVP votes in his final season or two, then I'd be down. But that would be the absolute maximum, take it or leave it scenario and he would be 38 years old at the end of the deal (assuming the vesting option is triggered).

Otherwise trade him for the best offer of mlb-ready players and high ceiling prospects. I know some of you may say that it's only one year of Cano that the other team is getting but you have to remember that, playoff struggles aside, this is the best second baseman (which is a notoriously weak offensive position) in the entire sport and the acquiring team will have the inside track on extending him. So they will need to pay up big time.

He is not getting 10 years from the Yankees...6-7 at the most....
    Nick

vCash
    10 years 250-300... in the words of Micheal Kay.... C YA!

vCash
    well.................

why would a team trade for a 1 year rental? If Boras is his agent it's 99.9% sure he will test the FA market. so whoever gets him will have to deal with his demands.

if anything he just screwed the yanks by letting it be known he wants a 10 year deal. Now all the other teams will be hesitant to trade for someone who wants a huge terrible contract.

(IMO the days of the huge contracts are ending with all the backlash from them)

no team is giving top prospects for this guy.

lets see who can afford him

Boston-no they have Dustin
    CHW- maybe but they got Beckham former ROY
    LAA- doubt it with the albert contract and kendrick is there
    Tex-no Kinsler
    Atl-Uggla
    LAD- No too many other contracts to deal with
    NYM-LOL
    Hou-maybe
    Cubs-maybe

so most likely the only teams he would be a good fit for are the Cubs,Astros, and WhiteSox.

oh and after his playoff performance he has no shame making a request like that. proving the point that he is driven by cash not being on a winning ball club.
    Last edited by TRUTH-TELLER; 10-20-2012 at 07:08 PM.

vCash
    Plenty of teams trade for half year rentals, especially when you are talking the talent of a guy like Cano.

If the Mets got Wheeler for an aging Beltran (and the supposed deals that were offered for Reyes that the Mets stupidly passed on), you guys could certainly get a haul for Cano.

With this new WC, the Yankees probably also doubled the teams they could trade him too as well.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-20-2012 at 07:30 PM.

vCash
    Giving him a 6 year deal makes me a little iffy. 10 year deal? See ya later Robbie!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast