Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Cano will get more than 5 years. If that is all the Yanks offer, then he is going into FA. He has Boras as his agent right? If so, then you can expect him to test the market if the Yanks don't offer him what he wants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by x McLovin x View Post
    You never know. Like I said, he is an elite two player in the prime of his career that plays at a premium position that is notorious for its light-hitting. From all the articles I've read there are countless executives from other teams that completely drool over Cano's tools and it only takes one aggressive GM or owner to make that kind of big trade. Offense is on the decline throughout the entire sport and you'd be crazy to think that there's no team out there that would overpay for Cano.

Can anyone even remember the last time an elite up the middle player was traded in the prime of their careers?
    I get what you are saying, he will get a very nice haul back if traded, but I thought he still had at least 2 years left. So with one year left, you won't get as much if he had 2 seasons left.

vCash
    Trade him now
    Last edited by BILLYBALL; 10-20-2012 at 04:07 PM.

vCash
    Bye bye. Just another reason trading montero was terrible

vCash
    There is already a thread on this and he wants 10 but that doesn't mean he will get it. The Yankees probably offer 8
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    There is already a thread on this and he wants 10 but that doesn't mean he will get it. The Yankees probably offer 8
    My thread was made first. I get no love here

vCash
    You have to explore trade possibilities. This new wild card means more clubs will feel like they could have a shot and at the least could provide a couple extra teams to start discussions with.
    I hate to be the Debbie Downer to bring it up but one of the things I thought of when Melky got busted was the possibility that Robbie could be involved in that stuff too, considering they were attached at the hip when they both were here. I know it's a cynical way to look at things but I can certainly say I wouldn't be surprised if news came out in the future and Robbie was implicated. We talk about protecting the club from all the negatives of a long term contract in terms of decline but I don't think it's crazy to consider that possibility too, even if it is a small one.
    "I'm not fat, I just have a sweet hockey body." -Eric Cartman

vCash
    The yankees would be wise to trade Cano, Granderson, and A-Rod and complete stack their minor league with the best players in all minor league baseball. This way, in two years, they'll have the youngest team that will be beating everyone left and right.

There will be no significant superstars in the FA market that will make mega differences for a while. Trading for the absolute best high-ceiling prospects is the way to go.

vCash
    Of course him and Boras will ask for the moon. What do people expect them to say? Doesn't mean he'll get it. I mean Swisher is asking for a Werth type contract. Doesn't matter what they ask, just what another team will pay him.

It will be very interesting to see how the Yanks handle this. I don't want them to give out a 10 year deal but unlike a lot of people here I'd be fine with a 6 year one.

That said, people are crazy if they think the team will trade Cano. Whether its the right move or not they won't do it. You trade Cano (your best hitter, one of the few in his prime on the team) and you basically have to go into rebuild mode. Even if you get a couple really good prospects this team will be in limbo because the rest of the team will be older veterans.

You trade Cano and I'm sure that affects whether Pettitte, Mariano, etc...even come back next year. Does anyone expect them to return to be on a rebuilding team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    There will be no significant superstars in the FA market that will make mega differences for a while. Trading for the absolute best high-ceiling prospects is the way to go.
    Isn't Cano the definition of a significant superstar in FA? If people are thinking ahead to future superstars in free agency why the hesitation to sign the one we currently have?

vCash
    That's messed up. If they merge it they better give you top billing.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Of course him and Boras will ask for the moon. What do people expect them to say? Doesn't mean he'll get it. I mean Swisher is asking for a Werth type contract. Doesn't matter what they ask, just what another team will pay him.

It will be very interesting to see how the Yanks handle this. I don't want them to give out a 10 year deal but unlike a lot of people here I'd be fine with a 6 year one.

That said, people are crazy if they think the team will trade Cano. Whether its the right move or not they won't do it. You trade Cano (your best hitter, one of the few in his prime on the team) and you basically have to go into rebuild mode. Even if you get a couple really good prospects this team will be in limbo because the rest of the team will be older veterans.

You trade Cano and I'm sure that affects whether Pettitte, Mariano, etc...even come back next year. Does anyone expect them to return to be on a rebuilding team?
    Some ppl do and some of those ppl can live through a rebuild but you know a majority can't. A number of fans wants to rebuild but you and I know the first sign of trouble would lead to constant complaining. This is the same fan base that freaks out when they lose ST games or the last game of a 3 game set.bI want to get young like everyone else but will ppl be able to live with kids struggling for 2-4 yrs of growing pains? Will they be able live with not making the PS? What about not going after FA because you want to remain flexible and not block the kids waiting in the wings?

-Heat fan

vCash
    Love that guy but come on man... that's too much

vCash
    The funny thing about cano is when melky was caught cano started to slump. How can
    he look so bad in the playoffs and finish really hot at the end of the season. I would maybe offer him 5 years the most

vCash
    Trade him, we can get a whole lot of high ceiling prospects for a change

New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions Draft this man

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast