Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Cano seeking 10 year 200+

Just read the Joel Sherman article per MLBTR

Trade this clown.

vCash

Cano seeks 10 year deal

Cano is reportedly seeking a 10 year deal at "top-of-the-market" dollars.

Via RAB: http://riveraveblues.com/2012/10/she...dollars-78031/

Pass. Trade him for all you can get at next season's trade deadline. I think we can all agree that adding another AROD-esque deal to our already bloated payroll will be detrimental to the long-term viability of the Yankees. Considering the fact that he is a 2B, 8 years would be outrageous and 10 would be pure stupidity.

If he's willing to sign an extension worth $135 million over 6 years ($22.5 AAV) with a possible 7th year vesting option which would be triggered by something like MVP votes in his final season or two, then I'd be down. But that would be the absolute maximum, take it or leave it scenario and he would be 38 years old at the end of the deal (assuming the vesting option is triggered).

Otherwise trade him for the best offer of mlb-ready players and high ceiling prospects. I know some of you may say that it's only one year of Cano that the other team is getting but you have to remember that, playoff struggles aside, this is the best second baseman (which is a notoriously weak offensive position) in the entire sport and the acquiring team will have the inside track on extending him. So they will need to pay up big time.
    Last edited by x McLovin x; 10-20-2012 at 03:14 PM.

vCash
    I'd trade him in three seconds.

I'd NEVER offer a big contract again. Like, ever.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Man he is so good. The Yanks could ask for boatload from any team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Man he is so good. The Yanks could ask for boatload from any team.
    Yeah I know, although I'm almost never in favor of the Yankees trading elite level talent at any position because it's very hard to recoup commensurate talent that can fill that void, I'd be extremely excited if we had a chance of obtaining a Mark Teixeria-like package for him (Elvis Andrus, Neftali Feliz, Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Matt Harrison).

vCash
    He would still get a lot on the trade market, but I didn't realize he only has 1 year left. You won't get as much as I thought back in a deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    He would still get a lot on the trade market, but I didn't realize he only has 1 year left. You won't get as much as I thought back in a deal.
    You never know. Like I said, he is an elite two way player in the prime of his career that plays at a premium position that is notorious for its light-hitting. From all the articles I've read there are countless executives from other teams that completely drool over Cano's tools and it only takes one aggressive GM or owner to make that kind of big trade. Offense is on the decline throughout the entire sport and you'd be crazy to think that there's no team out there that would overpay for Cano.

Can anyone even remember the last time an elite up the middle player was traded in the prime of their careers?
    Last edited by x McLovin x; 10-20-2012 at 04:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by x McLovin x View Post
    You never know. Like I said, he is an elite two player in the prime of his career that plays at a premium position that is notorious for its light-hitting. From all the articles I've read there are countless executives from other teams that completely drool over Cano's tools and it only takes one aggressive GM or owner to make that kind of big trade. Offense is on the decline throughout the entire sport and you'd be crazy to think that there's no team out there that would overpay for Cano.

Can anyone even remember the last time an elite up the middle player was traded in the prime of their careers?
    I get what you are saying, he will get a very nice haul back if traded, but I thought he still had at least 2 years left. So with one year left, you won't get as much if he had 2 seasons left.

vCash
    Call the Dodgers offer them CC, Cano and A-Fraud, that would free up some $$$$$.
    Last edited by BILLYBALL; 10-20-2012 at 03:32 PM.

vCash
    QUICK hide the YANKEE check book from Brian Cashman . . . We still owe A-Fraud 114 MILLION and A. J. Burnett 10 Million.
    Last edited by BILLYBALL; 10-20-2012 at 03:50 PM.

vCash
    If we can land another michael pineda in a trade then I'm all for a trade.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Slinger has been on fire lately

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    The yankees would be wise to trade Cano, Granderson, and A-Rod and complete stack their minor league with the best players in all minor league baseball. This way, in two years, they'll have the youngest team that will be beating everyone left and right.

There will be no significant superstars in the FA market that will make mega differences for a while. Trading for the absolute best high-ceiling prospects is the way to go.
    I tend to agree with you. Arod won't be traded because he doesn't want to be. (at least not yet) Granderson could be moved but for what? I would take a couple of mid level b+ a- , prospects for him but I don't know who would even give that up for him. At this point I'd like to see Ichiro, Dickerson (or another prospect) and Gardner in the OF.
    If Cano took 6-7 for 115-130, I'd say sign him. If not, he's the one guy on the team that has a high yield. We could get a boatload for him. I love him and would be bummed to see him go but if it brought back some excellent 19-24 year old talent and I mean excellent, it would be worth it.

Maybe we could get Pavano back

vCash
    well.................

why would a team trade for a 1 year rental? If Boras is his agent it's 99.9% sure he will test the FA market. so whoever gets him will have to deal with his demands.

if anything he just screwed the yanks by letting it be known he wants a 10 year deal. Now all the other teams will be hesitant to trade for someone who wants a huge terrible contract.

(IMO the days of the huge contracts are ending with all the backlash from them)

no team is giving top prospects for this guy.

lets see who can afford him

Boston-no they have Dustin
    CHW- maybe but they got Beckham former ROY
    LAA- doubt it with the albert contract and kendrick is there
    Tex-no Kinsler
    Atl-Uggla
    LAD- No too many other contracts to deal with
    NYM-LOL
    Hou-maybe
    Cubs-maybe

so most likely the only teams he would be a good fit for are the Cubs,Astros, and WhiteSox.

oh and after his playoff performance he has no shame making a request like that. proving the point that he is driven by cash not being on a winning ball club.
    Last edited by TRUTH-TELLER; 10-20-2012 at 07:08 PM.

vCash
    Don't be sarcastic. If Cashman didn't trade for Pineda, we might be stuck with Gio Gonzalez. Get off Cashman's back. He has a plan. And if you behave yourself, it just might involve future Hall of Famer Javier Vazquez

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast