Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Norv Tuner could be fired during bye week

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/1...ring-bye-week/

Most likely not going to happen but if it did this season would be a win regardless of final record.

vCash
    Probably should of thought about firing Turner sooner assuming that the team has had problems for too long.

vCash
    Man I hope this happens. It would be funny to watch Smith throw Turner under the bus in an attempt to try and save his job. Smith is just as much to blame as Turner in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by firemang@2 View Post
    Man I hope this happens. It would be funny to watch Smith throw Turner under the bus in an attempt to try and save his job. Smith is just as much to blame as Turner in my opinion.
    If I was A.J. Smith I would be calling anybody and everybody to try and get a great receiver here in San Diego. Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe etc... Robert Meachem obviously isn't working. Let's say we get Mike Wallace. #1 Mike Wallace, #2 M-80, #3 Vincent Brown, #4 Robert Meachem/Eddie Royal. This way we will never have to see Richard Goodman on the field as a receiver again. Now the chances of this are EXTREMELY unlikely, but with the rumors of A.J. Smith and his job being on the line, after a loss like that. I'm a little surprised that he isn't being active right now. Even if it isn't as common as baseball for players to be traded at the deadline.

IF A.J. Smith survives yet another year. I would imagine Jake Long being on our radarray: but that is probably a long shot that Miami doesn't franchise tag him. I can dream though dammit, but now on to the topic of the thread. PLEASE FIRE NORV!

vCash
    he was never going to be fired during the bye. count on that. the person who needs to be BENCHED is RIVERS. he is single-handedly ruining games for us. stat: we are 3-0 when rivers turns the ball over 0-1 times. we are 0-3 when he turns it over 2 times or more.

seems simple enough arithmatic to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by friarfan07 View Post
    he was never going to be fired during the bye. count on that. the person who needs to be BENCHED is RIVERS. he is single-handedly ruining games for us. stat: we are 3-0 when rivers turns the ball over 0-1 times. we are 0-3 when he turns it over 2 times or more.

seems simple enough arithmatic to me.
    Not to be an *** but this might be the most ignorant post ive seen in a while. How can you be so quick to throw a top notch QB under the bus? The guy went through the playoffs on a torn ACL, in this day and age its hard to find players with half the heart Rivers has. Not to mention the fact that Rivers has the ability to back his heart with actual talent.

Dont forget that Rivers may be the sole reason we are 3-3 and not 0-6 without him and Gates we are lurking in Browns territory
    Last edited by Caidance; 10-28-2012 at 12:06 PM.

North County San Diego, CA... You know, the Whales Vagina
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Caidance View Post
    Not to be an *** but this might be the most ignorant post ive seen in a while. How can you be so quick to throw a top notch QB under the bus? The guy went through the playoffs on a torn ACL, in this day and age its hard to find players with half the heart Rivers has. Not to mention the fact that Rivers has the ability to back his heart with actual talent.

Dont forget that Rivers may be the sole reason we are 3-3 and not 0-6 without him and Gates we are lurking in Browns territory
    The kid has heart. I really like Rivers but I have been trying to say for a while that he is not a top 5 QB but maybe a top 10 or 12. Not just because of this year but because of his velocity and especially his mobility. He still could be a Championship QB but he needs more play makers around him. Clearly we all see that now but we need to recognize that and free up some cap space.

vCash
    But why are we throwing the ball in the first place with a 24-7 lead? We could have punted damn near every series in that second half and still won the game!! Yes Rivers made the throws, but what happened to running the ball, and the screen passes?? Those seem to work for a solid 5-10 yards every time... Shall we start about the O line now? If you dont see that Rivers is under heavy pressure most every dropback, you sir are blind or simply not watching.. He has to dodge pass rushers, step up, and throws off his back foot every pass.
    One of the worst if not the worst offensive line in the league, sup par receivers, and a head coach that insist on throwing the rock well over 50 percent of the time wether we are up by 30 or down by 30, brings us to where we are at...
    Rivers is still the same Rivers, its everything else around him thats gone to ****...

vCash

Bolts O-Line sux

Philip Rivers should sue for lack of support. Jeromy Clary isn't worth his weight in steer manure, and injuries at left OT have killed us.

Ryan Mathews was an enormous waste of a high draft pick -- soon, he'll be eligible for the Chargers' Ryan Leaf Memorial Worst Draft Picks Ever team. Dump his *** -- NOW.

Why we got Robert Meacham is a mystery. If Drew Brees didn't want him, that should tell management something, but "management" is a circular firing squad itself.

RECHARGE NOW:
    * Fire A. J. Smith
    * Fire Nervous Norv Turn(ov)er
    * Get rid of Clary, Mathews, and Meacham.
    * Throw to Malcom Floyd 15 times a game -- DEEP. That alone will be good for 6 TD, 2 interference calls, and 2 FGs
    * Get rid of San Quentin Bummer. WHY teams don't throw deep his way 20 X a game is beyond me. He is INCAPABLE of figuring out whether a ball is over his head. Test his vision, his peripheral vision, his IQ -- whatever. If he's fixable, great, but I suspect he simply cannot do the job
    * Get rid of Antoine Cason or tell him to jam the receivers and not play 15 yds off the GD line of scrimmage. What is he afraid of, zombies?? Cover the damned receivers!!!

I have been a Bolts fan since their inception in 1960, when I listened to the games as a 6-year-old. I'm now 58, and I desperately want to have a Super Bowl win before I croak. With Norv Turner and his incompetent coaching and player evaluation, it ain't gonna happen, and I will curse this franchise from my GRAVE if you don't hire a REAL COACH.

Too bad "Chucky" can't coach, or Bill Cowher, or Tony Dungy, or even (God forbid) Mike Ditka. Oh wait . . . my bad -- they've all got SUPER BOWL RINGS and are all available (screw TV contracts. The contract hasn't been made that can't be broken, and I got an A in Contract Law). Hire a FOOTBALL COACH with some cojones. Hell -- get Mike Riley back from Oregon State!

Okay, I'm finished. And so are the Bolts, if they don't get their act together in Cleveland Sunday.

vCash
    I can agree with everything in that post except getting rid of Mathews...
    He may not have held up to the number we picked him at, but besides a few injuries and fumbles he has been pretty damn soild RB, we just refuse to run him. He may be one of the best backs in the open field on screens, they work EVERYTIME, but for some reason, the better they are working , the less we use them!!!!..
    Get BOWE and MJD in here

vCash
    As long as AJ is here Turner will remain as head coach...The real cancer is AJ Smith nothing will change until he is gone

vCash
    Norv Turer has forgotten how to call a game. He's too damn predictable. 2nd and long . . . 80% chance its a screen pass. Can't wait for him to be fired. One day, we'll invest in our lineman, especiall RT. Our talent is nearly dried up on offense, and Turner's predictable game calling is making it much worse.

vCash
    the name of this form should be changed to "Norv Turner Should be Fired!"

He is a good play caller but a horrible head coach. Our team lack discipline and motivation and that comes from the top. While we are on it AJ needs to go. He has a good draft every five years and then can not work out contracts that keep talent in SD. It is time for a change boys!

vCash

Why is Turner still there?

I cannot for the life of me understand why Turner is still the coach there. I am a life long Charger fan and this is killing me. Why should be fired? Ill tell you.

1. No Discipline. To many penalties and lack of fundamentals.

2. No inspiration. When you have one or two players not playing up to their potential its usually the players, when most of your team is not its the coach.

3. To Passive. They are not trying to win games, they are trying not to lose them. Offense needs to get aggresive, wasnt Turner supposed to be this awesome offensive coordinator?

4. No pride. The head coach needs to encourage team pride. In todays time with the way free agents bounce around its hard for a player to do this, but then it falls on the coach.

Turner is coaching like he is waiting to be fired, so lets do him a favor and do it. Everyone will be better off.

Lets face it the season is pretty much over, get a new coach in now, let him work with the team for the remainder of the season installing his system, and we should be ready to go day one next season.

vCash
    The Reason Turner is still there is the same reason we can not resign players. AJ has a ficken gigantic ego! I mean it is huuge! Schotty had us at 14-2 and every analysts pick for the Super Bowl and AJ fired him and gave Norv the keys to the Ferrari. As soon as he fires Norv he has to admit he was wrong which his humongous ego will not allow him to do. This is why we need to get rid of all of them and start a new.

We still have some very talented players and it would be a shame to watch their potential go down the drain. Go Bolts!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast