Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think signing Greinke would be a bigger mistake than Hamilton, I just dont see him doing anything in the AL East. He is a complete head case (from what I have read the last few years), and has already stated that he does not want to pitch in NY or Boston because of the pressure. I think he is going to sign with somebody who has a legit ace already and he can be the number 2 starter. I just see it being a really bad signing for whoever gets him IMO.
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    We'll see, Baltimore isn't going to be near the pressure as NY or BOS, I think BAL could be a solid place to play for him. We'll see I guess.

Tone, you should come in here more. Fanbase is lacking.

vCash
    I would def like to have him, but from what I hear he wants to be the highest paid pitcher in Baseball. I just dont get it, I dont think he is in that class.

On a side note, I try to log on as much as possible, just dont have a ton of time during the day while Im at work.
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    I agree paying Grienke a ridiculous amount of money would possibly be a lost cause. His ceiling is higher than any pitcher we have currently but who knows what you will get from him on a day to day basis? I like Hamilton and think he could he a huge addition yet I would only be willing to go 3-5 years possibly with a decline in the pay the last two years. Marcum I would not be opposed to signing for a decent contract as I believe he is as solid as any starter we have now. I like Jair from the Braves too I think he would be a great addition to the rotation at a good value.

vCash
    based off what i am hearing and reading, we plan to be very active this week during the meetings. Can't say what is going to happen, butler, hosmer, etc... but I think the effort will be there by managment to fill in some holes.

I am totally against us even getting in the conversation for Grienke. He'll probably end up a dodger or ranger.

As for Hamilton, we'll see. I am hearing a lot of noise here in dallas about the Rangers making a strong quiet push for him again.

vCash
    By Luke Adams [December 3, 2012 at 12:17pm CST]
    Although a report last week suggested that Billy Butler was close to untouchable, that hasn't stopped teams from showing interest in the Royals slugger. According to Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star (via Twitter), the Mariners and Orioles are showing "strong interest" in Butler.

We had previously heard about both teams' interest in Butler, with the Mariners in particular said to be "coveting" the 26-year-old. Dutton views the M's as a more logical fit for the Royals than the Orioles, given the young pitchers Seattle could offer in a deal.

Dutton noted earlier today that the Rays' agreement with James Loney may mean they're no longer a fit for a Butler trade.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...BZB86ZbtOJ8.99

vCash
    Just read a tweet that Josh Hamilton actually showed up at the winter meetings. I would think he would sign with a team while there. I hear he really likes Baltimore, I just have a strange outside feeling he wants to play here.
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    While I would love to have Butler, he is an AVG and OBP machine, I think Hosmer has more upside for power. I would think he could be had for cheaper, I think they would part with him quicker than Butler just because of PR reasons, they LOVE Butler in KC
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    apparently we are going hard for Laroche:

Orioles In Strong Pursuit Of Adam LaRoche
    By Luke Adams [December 3 at 2:02pm CST]
    With Mike Napoli headed to Boston, one suitor was removed for the equation for Adam LaRoche. While that should improve the Nationals' leverage a little, there are still a handful of teams in the mix for the slugging first baseman. Here's the latest on LaRoche, with new updates added to the top throughout the day:

The Orioles are in "hard" on LaRoche, ESPN.com's Jayson Stark hears from an executive from one interested team (Twitter link).
    Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com had written earlier today that the Orioles, like the Nationals, didn't seem willing to go up to three years for LaRoche at this point.
    After Napoli didn't get a fourth year from the Red Sox, Jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM expects LaRoche to have to settle for a two-year deal (Twitter link).
    Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post tweeted this morning that the Rangers and Mariners seemed to be the Nats' top competitors for LaRoche.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#kv2HGkQpqVZogegc.99

vCash
    Our infield D would be amazing if we got Laroche. We would have three gold glovers in the infield (Laroche, Hardy and Wieters). Machado played great D last year and who knows about 2B.

I want him if we can get him on a two year deal. Three years, no way.

A 2 year 28 mill contract would be worth it IMO. I would rather do that than give up players to get Butler or Hosmer. I don;t want to be stuck with Butler at DH, so Hosmer intrigues me, but he has question marks and I don;t want to give up a lot for him.

vCash
    Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst

Here's another team to add to list of Adam LaRoche pursuers: The #Orioles. An exec of one interested team says O's in on him "hard."

Yup, just thought i'd post this as well. Laroche would be nice, his numbers in interleague are underwhelming though, wonder how he would do in the AL...

Again though, i'd like Laroche, I just hope that wouldn't be all we get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone091 View Post
    While I would love to have Butler, he is an AVG and OBP machine, I think Hosmer has more upside for power. I would think he could be had for cheaper, I think they would part with him quicker than Butler just because of PR reasons, they LOVE Butler in KC
    This is the way I see it too. Hosmer is only 22 or 23, he has the chance to be one of the premier first baseman's in the league. This year was a bad year, but i'd definitely take a chance to bring him in. If he wouldn't have had a year like this he would be untouchable right now.

Cafardo hears that plenty of teams, including the Phillies, Red Sox, Yankees, Orioles and Cubs, have inquired about Stanton, and Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com discussed whether the Texas Rangers are a logical trade partner.
    Oh how I'd love Stanton. Hate the thought of Bundy and/or Machado going though.

vCash
    Ugh, I have no interest in LaRoche at all. Would rather keep Reynolds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Ugh, I have no interest in LaRoche at all. Would rather keep Reynolds.
    Eh, can't say I agree. I wouldn't be absolutely thrilled when i've been hearing names like Butler, Hosmer, etc. but he's definitely not a bad acquisition. Getting a little older though.

vCash
    There is some speculation that the Os and Pirates could be a match in a Garrett Jones deal. Britton, Arrieta and Strop are thought to be possibilities to come from the Os

Thoughts?
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast