Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Just read we're going to tangle Tillman possibly. I think it would be for a pretty nice player offensively from the sound of it.

Also, this blurb from Roch excited me:

The Orioles have definite interest in the Royals' Billy Butler and Eric Hosmer. Let's see if those two players are really available, and if there's a potential match.
    I would love to have either, but more so Hosmer.

vCash
    Considering the year Alfonso Soriano had last year, the size of his contract at only 2 years remaining, and the need we have in left field and for a little bit of speed, I think this is actually a good match. We need another right handed power bat, and I dont think hed be too costly considering how big his contract is and how much the cubs are shopping him. Plus we love trading with the Cubs

vCash
    To be honest, I don't know that dangling Tillman for anything is a good idea unless we go out and get Greinke, which I also do not think is a good idea.

Hosmer or Butler would be great to have, but we still need to focus on rotation depth because that is what made us so good last year.

We still don't have an ace. And getting rid of Tillman, who was our best pitcher at times, would be discouraged against IMO. You can't expect Miguel Gonzalez to come back and have the year he had. I still think he will be good, but i see him as a #4/#5 starter.

Chen is a #3
    Hammel is a #3
    Tillman, who knows, he can be inconsistent and can be anywhere between a #2 and a #5

Our actually #5 spot is a crapshoot between Hunter, Mattusz, Arrieta, Steve Johnson.

To be honest, I would rather trade hitting for pitching than the other way around. We still need good starters and an ace. If we are gonna ship off tillman, send him in a package for a real ace!

As for Soriano, I would not touch him with a 10 foot pole. He is 36 and even if we didn't have to pay him a lot of money, he is getting older and I think I'd rather have him DH.

vCash
    Yeah, I agree rkelly, they have to have an idea or feel good about someone if that's the case though. IDK, the thought of adding such a nice bat like one of those two would be nice. Agree though, thought of Tillman getting moves is a bit discouraging. We need to make some moves though.

vCash
    Yeah, it sounds like we want to keep Arrieta and Britton and trade Matusz and Tillman based on upside. I can't describe how much I hate that. Tillman showed he could be a legit starter in this league and a good one at that. I really wouldn't lose any sleep on trading away Arrieta.

vCash
    Non-tendered pitchers Jair Jurrjens, Jeff Karstens, and John Lannan could interest the Orioles, writes the Baltimore Sun's Eduardo A. Encina.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/baltim...KFX6YuXleBE.99

vCash
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. - In an interview earlier this week on MASN's "The Mid-Atlantic Sports Report," Orioles executive vice president Dan Duquette said contracts talks with free agents Nate McLouth and Joe Saunders were moving at a slow pace.
    But tonight, when asked during a video interview with MASNsports.com if he sensed any progress in talks with the pair in recent days he said, "Well, I think they're on a good track."
    "We like both Nate and Joe," he added. "They did a great job for us. If we can bring them back, we'd like to have them come back," he said.
    Duquette also talked about how busy the Orioles might be during these Winter Meetings which officially start Monday.
    "We're going to be active and hopefully our activity will include a couple of deals where we bring back ballplayers, but I think the important thing for the fans to know is we have a good, solid established major league pitching staff already on our ballclub," he said. "We may have some depth to that pitching staff that we could utilize to help us land a bat for instance.
    "We are going to meet with all the teams we think we are legit trade partners with and my estimate is that will be five or six. We'll meet with the agents with the players we are trying to resign and hopefully get something done. It will be at least five or six (with expect to meet with here)."
    http://www.masnsports.com/steve_mele...medium=twitter

Come on guests, join up in the discussion. Should be an exciting offseason.

vCash
    @jonmorosi
    #Orioles have shown interest in Brett Myers, who plans to pitch as a starter in 2013. #Twins and #Royals among other AL teams involved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    Just read we're going to tangle Tillman possibly. I think it would be for a pretty nice player offensively from the sound of it.

Also, this blurb from Roch excited me:

I would love to have either, but more so Hosmer.
    I hope this is true. Hosmer or Butler would fit into our lineup perfect. I think it would take a pretty big package to get either though.

I have been saying for a month we should go after Hosmer!!!
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    Jurijens would be a solid pickup.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    I dont want Tillman gone unless its for Butler or a better pitcher like Shields. Tillman is so far our best shot at a number 1 starter from within. Not counting Bundy or Gausman cause they havent shown up yet really. Butler would just be epic though

Leadoff Hitter x (hopefully McLouth)
    Markakis
    Jones
    Butler
    Wieters
    Davis
    Machado

vCash
    The Orioles could be a dark horse here, as they have a hole at the top of their rotation and could find the funds to entice Greinke.
    We're out on Hamilton too.

vCash
    Hello fellow O's fans, it has been a while since I actually logged in to comment other than just read all the speculation. These next couple of weeks during the winter meetings will be exciting. I agree with Dan in the fact that we will need another power bat in our line up, but I also think we will need to grab a clear cut #1 starter and another middle of the rotation pitcher as well. Although the AL East seems to be down talent wise with the Sox struggling, the Yanks getting older, The Rays most likely having to trade some of their key pieces. The Jays just made a strong push to get back in competition. Pitching will be key. As you could see in the Yanks series, they just out dueled us when it came to their starters. We had the ability to match their power and run production somewhat but when you can trot a CC out on the mound in a clinching situation then it just adds a boost to everyone's confidence. So if we get a bat, yes I will be happy, but we will definitely need to focus on pitching as well since we can't expect the same years from Gonzales, Tillghman, or Hammel.

vCash
    FOXSports.com first reported last night that the Orioles were showing interest in Myers.

There also are rumblings here that the Orioles could be a match with the Pirates for first baseman Garrett Jones, 31, who batted .274/.317/.516 with 28 doubles, 27 homers and 86 RBIs this year. He's arbitration-eligible, and he naturally would cost the Orioles some young pitching.
    http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_...medium=twitter

Not a fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddar08 View Post
    Hello fellow O's fans, it has been a while since I actually logged in to comment other than just read all the speculation. These next couple of weeks during the winter meetings will be exciting. I agree with Dan in the fact that we will need another power bat in our line up, but I also think we will need to grab a clear cut #1 starter and another middle of the rotation pitcher as well. Although the AL East seems to be down talent wise with the Sox struggling, the Yanks getting older, The Rays most likely having to trade some of their key pieces. The Jays just made a strong push to get back in competition. Pitching will be key. As you could see in the Yanks series, they just out dueled us when it came to their starters. We had the ability to match their power and run production somewhat but when you can trot a CC out on the mound in a clinching situation then it just adds a boost to everyone's confidence. So if we get a bat, yes I will be happy, but we will definitely need to focus on pitching as well since we can't expect the same years from Gonzales, Tillghman, or Hammel.
    Unfortunately, I doubt we get a #1. We could maybe get Marcum but that's about the best arm we could get.

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast