Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i don't think them getting gomes is official...

but if he wants a 2 year deal, i say the the Sox have him. He is only useful against lefties and he can't play D. Sounds too one dimensional for me.

vCash
    i don't like Gomes for a multiyear deal either.

vCash
    Rumors circulating of Josh Hamilton, but Adam LaRoche for 1st makes more sense on a 3 year deal. Upgrading the corner OF position might be logical, especially if Nolan Reimold is not on schedule. The Orioles have lots of flexibility with versatile players (Chris Davis could play 1B or corner OF).

Do we think the O's are legitimately interested in Zack Greinke or possibly Anibal Sanchez... Or does a more affordable option make sense to bolster the backend of the rotation.

vCash
    I heard an interview with Dan D on mlb radio. He said he was not in on top line pitching FAs (Greinke being that) being I think that means Sanchez too. I think McCarthy or Haren would be better as I doubt they will cost as much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeydady View Post
    I heard an interview with Dan D on mlb radio. He said he was not in on top line pitching FAs (Greinke being that) being I think that means Sanchez too. I think McCarthy or Haren would be better as I doubt they will cost as much.
    i agree completely mikeydaddy. i don't want to touch Sanchez or Greinke money You could get similar production for 1/3 the cost!

Hamilton is the only prized free agent i'm interested in, and thats a long shot at best.

vCash
    Happy Thanksgiving,

i agree with you both, no way should we invest that much money in Greinke or sanchez, Mccarthy or Haren would be a nice addition but i dont think we need it as we have alot of pitching and a few up and coming arms not to mention that Wada didnt pitch at all last year and had higher exceptations than Chen. That being said it would be great if we got Hamilton, i have heard that if the price is right (i.e. 4 to 5 years worth between 20 to 25m per year would get him. I think that would show that the O's are serious about winning. As far as 2nd base i would see if Brob and Casilla could handle it, and if not make a trade for one in mid season for playoff run. so i would have the line up as the following

N Markakis (rt field)
    J Hardy (SS)
    A Jones (Center)
    J Hamilton (Lf)
    C Davis (1B or DH)
    M Weiters (C)
    N Reimold (DH 4th Outfielder)
    M Machado (3rd)
    B Roberts (2nd)
    Bench would be Casilla, Betemit, Quintanilla (if still around),Teagarden,Avery or Robinson, maybe renyolds (if resigned)

Pitching would be
    J Hammel
    W Chen
    D Haren or McCarthy or J Saunders(if picked up)
    M Gonzalez
    C Tillman
    5th if Haren/McCarthy/Saunders are not picked up then (Wada, Britton, S Johnson)

BP
    Closure - J Johnson
    Hunter
    Matusz
    O'Day
    Ayala
    Strop
    Wada (if not 5th starter)
    Britton (same if not 5th starter)
    T Patton

vCash
    I definitely wouldn't mind that offseason taking place (Hamilton and McCarthy/Haren).

Hope to see some of you newer posters post more, stick around!

vCash
    As much as i love Hamilton, and combination of getting haren and/or hamilton would be a win for me. I just don't want to go 7 years on hamilton. I think he will get a 6 year deal.

vCash
    i agree rkelly, i hope we dont tie up that many years for Hamilton...but it would be nice if we can get him to 4 to 5 years...

vCash
    If the O's won't to stay away from spending big on Josh, Haren, Grienke, or LaRoche, we may need to look at trades to put us over the top.

Seems like KC might be looking for starting pitching and could get rid of some very talented prospects for them. Here's a trade- Jason Hammel and Tommy Hunter for Wil Myers (or Alex Gordon or Bill Butler) and Mike Moustakas.

This would allow us to move Manny to SS and Hardy to 2B. Wil Myers is a stud that move right into our LF position. Then we resign Mark Reynolds to play 1B, Nate McClouth and Saunders (because they earned it and I like them).

I think Bundy will be ready to go. Maybe Gausman too. That still gives us good pitching depth. We could still sign some pitchers and players. I think there are really good deals out there. Like Ian Stewart, Lannan, McCarthy, Marcum, Jair Jurrjens, and Mike Pelfrey.

SP
    Bundy
    Gausman
    Chen
    Tillman
    Johnson

Britton
    Arrieta
    Matusz
    ODay
    Strop
    Johnson
    Lius Ayala

Happy with that?

vCash
    While i would love to get Butler and Moustakas, i dont see KC letting them go, Hammel and Hunter are not #1's and Hammel is really more like a low #2 (but our #1). I also dont think Bundy nor Gausman is ready and they i look for bundy to be called up around the Allstar game and Gausman around the playoff push.. though i do see the other 2 of the other 3 as SP only change is Gonzalez for Johnson. i see johnson as long relief and spot starts.

vCash
    I'm going to continue to push for the Os to go after some non-tenured guys like Figgins, Stewert, Pelfrey and Jurrijens. These guys are too young to be given up on. The right coaching can really yield good things and the price should be right too.

After reading the winter meetings article on the Os site it looks like its going to be another low cost low thrills off season. That's most likely a No on Hamilton and Grienke or any other FA worth getting excited about like LaRoche or Napoli (Please No Swisher!!!) Most likely guys like Demon Young, James Loney or Shane Vict. None of these are much to get pumped about. (Maybe Ichiro would fit for a year until guys like Avery, Hoes or this guy Robinson work it out)

That leaves trades but where?

The word is a middle of the line up bat. Stanton is a "No Way No Day". Basically the same goes for Justin Upton. Maybe, Butler or one of the other KC guys but I think there is a lot of interest in those guys from teams with more to offer on the starting pitching front such as Boston, Atlanta, Arizona, Seattle and Tampa. I'd be blown away with a trade for guys like Headley, Choo, Cabrera, Dexter, Cuddyer or Tulowitzski but doubt any would happen as the Padres don't seem eager to move Headley anymore. Cleveland and Colorado seem to have better trade matches with the teams mentioned above. Besides, Dan said in an interview not to expect a Blue Jays type mega-deal. That's what trades like this would be right?

That leave crap filled moves for never beens, retreads or near the ends like CoCo Crisp, Raja Davis (J.P. Arencibia - I like this guy to breath Weiters and play DH) or Smoak for a pull pen guy such as Hunter, Ayala, Matusz or Arrieta.

It was great finding lightening in several bottles but if the goal is too do it on the cheap again... hope it wasn't 90% luck and 10% talent because that kind of gamble doesn't often repeat itelf.

Anybody have trade or FA ideas that fit with what's coming out of the Front Office?

vCash
    I'd rather explore a trade than get a high paid guy in FA anyways...how awesome would Hoz or Smoak be?

vCash
    DraftRunners.com ‏@DraftRunners
    Baltimore Orioles in the front running for Josh Hamilton. Red Sox, Braves, and Rangers still in the running #offseason #DraftRunners
    Expand

Anyone know about draftrunners? Saw it on another site and thought i'd post it here.

vCash
    Wolves: Never heard of the Draftrunners site, but how happy are you about Blackmon??? I always loved him in college I just thought he wouldnt have a QB capable of getting him the ball. Glad to see he's starting to hit his stride

Secondly, per MLBtraderumors.com, Jair Jurrjens is expected to be non-tendered by the Braves. A 26-year old right hander one season removed from a 13-6 2.96 era season. We were in talks to trade for him using Jones as trade bait. How laughable that is now? I hope we pick him up, could be yet another reclamation project.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast