Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by greenrolls20 View Post
    Why not go after Stanton, obviously he's unhappy with the way things are being handled in Miami.
    We should at least make the phone call to find out the asking price. Not sure what I would give up, but I'd like to hear what they have in mind. The Marlins are clearly giving up all their pieces...what could we use?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EricU812 View Post
    We should at least make the phone call to find out the asking price. Not sure what I would give up, but I'd like to hear what they have in mind. The Marlins are clearly giving up all their pieces...what could we use?
    theres a whole thread about stanton in our forum

vCash
    Yeah, I saw that, just replying to what someone said in here.

Is anyone else pretty excited for this offseason? Its the first time in a long time I feel that our names COULD be in the actual mix for players without completely needing to overpay to get them here.

Part of it is scary to me because we did so well this year I don't want to make any farm selling nor do I want to get stuck with some bad contract (Josh Hamilton)

vCash
    How's this for a trade? Choo and Cabrera (Move him to 2B) for Hunter,Schroop, Avery-
    You guys think this is enough for these two?

Or Hunter for Cabrera straight up and sign Josh H instead. Stanton and Justin Upton don't appear to be for sale soooooooo. Choo maybe it.

Nate McCloud scares me big time and so does Reinold. I think we really need to up grade at LF and 2B. Gomes is a good situational hitter but not a glove. Not sure whose out there at 2B... Maybe Kelly Johnson? The more I think about it the more I think we should resign Mark Reynolds. He played great 1B. Not sure there are many better. Maybe LaRoche's bat but not his glove.

vCash
    Considering LaRoche won a gold glove this past year id say his defense is at worst the same as Reynolds'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeydady View Post
    How's this for a trade? Choo and Cabrera (Move him to 2B) for Hunter,Schroop, Avery-
    You guys think this is enough for these two?

Or Hunter for Cabrera straight up and sign Josh H instead. Stanton and Justin Upton don't appear to be for sale soooooooo. Choo maybe it.

Nate McCloud scares me big time and so does Reinold. I think we really need to up grade at LF and 2B. Gomes is a good situational hitter but not a glove. Not sure whose out there at 2B... Maybe Kelly Johnson? The more I think about it the more I think we should resign Mark Reynolds. He played great 1B. Not sure there are many better. Maybe LaRoche's bat but not his glove.
    I would say Hunter has little trade value, and the Indians are seeking "frontline starting pitching." They aren't going to part with either of those players for Tommy Hunter and our second tier prospects.

Maybe, just maybe, we could pawn off Arrieta or Matusz along with those second tier guys like Avery, Schoop. We aren't exactly in the position to be making impactful trades because we are trying to improve our farm.

I like Choo, but I have zero interest in Cabrera. He is a SS, he will not want to move to 2B, and he will have the value of a SS in the trade market asnd will get paid like a SS in free agency.

If we traded Hardy to upgrade to Cabrera, I'll listen, but I don't see the Indians and us hooking up with a trade involving either of those players.

But if we could get Choo for Arrieta, Reimold and Avery, I'd certainly listen.

vCash
    Mariners trade Trayvon Robinson to Orioles for Robert Andino

By Matt Snyder | Senior Blogger
    November 20, 2012 1:27 pm ET

The Seattle Mariners have traded outfielder Trayvon Robinson to the Orioles in exchange for infielder Robert Andino, the Mariners announced Tuesday.

Robinson, 25, hit .221/.294/.324 with three homers, 12 RBI, 16 runs and six stolen bases in 164 plate appearances last season for the Mariners. He played all 46 of his games in left field.

Andino, 28, hit .211/.283/.305 with seven homers, 28 RBI and 41 runs in 431 plate appearances for the Orioles. He appeared in action at second base, shortstop, third base, left field and center field, but the overwhelming majority of his time came at second.

With the acquisition of Alexi Casilla, not to mention the presence of Ryan Flaherty and Brian Roberts, Andino became expendible for the Orioles. Also, the Orioles have a hole in left field, though it's unlikely Robinson is going to be slotted as the starter. The Mariners had a need for infield depth behind Dustin Ackley and Brendan Ryan. Basically, this was swap of bench depth.
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ey...-robert-andino

vCash

This is interesting... surely we are not going to go to camp with Casilla, Roberts, and Flaherty. Maybe something else is brewing???

vCash
    I don't know, I think we are going to camp with BRob and Casilla. This is simply a trade of two players out of options.

They both will make 1.8 mill next year, and we wanted a speedster with better Defense at 2nd. That's why we have Casilla as a backup if BRob can't stay healthy or be productive.

I think we are going to look at Hamilton, Swisher and Haren. I really don't want anything to do with Swisher. Other than that, and outside of the international market, I do not see us being too active.

A trade would not surprise me, but nothing huge either.

vCash
    I like this trade. This kid Robinson is younger and has great upside. I'd like to see him in a more hitter friendly park. I really think we need to make a trade to fill our 2B hole. I don't know about Casilla. I could see us going after a 3B or another SS and moving Manny to SS, the (trade guy) or Hardy to 2B. I don't want Swisher at all.

Didn't realize LaRoche was a gold glove. In that case, I definitely want him (or keep Reynolds- 1B). I think Haren or McCarthy would be good a good fit but actually I think we have some pitching depth finally. Any team that can get Hamilton should do it. Including us.

Some ideas:

Cabrera and Choo for Hammel, Hunter (or Arrieta), Reimold and Avery- done
    Rotate Hamilton, Choo, Nick M, and Jones in DH/OF- extend Hamilton's career

Chris Davis- DH, 1B, RF, LF and 3B
    Manny-3B, SS
    Hardy- SS, 2B
    Cabrera- SS, 2B
    Casilla- 2B, SS

vCash

What about this?

Here are some names that could add infield depth.

Hiroyuki Nakajima
    Stephen Drew

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...t-cousins.html

What about Figgins getting picked up by the Os? He seems like one of those Dan D. Nate McCloud pick ups. Thoughts?

vCash
    i mean, if we could pick up figgins on a minor league deal, i would roll the dice. I don;t want him playing unless Brob and Casilla cant though. Would be mostly a depth move.

vCash
    and i don't think we need to be going after Asdrubal Cabrera considering we have a SS and you have to pay a premium price in trades for SS's.

If we ship off Hardy and trade for him to upgrade, I would be all for that.

vCash
    Just read that the Sox signed J Gomes. I thought we had him aleady.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast