Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    winter meetings. dec is the fun time for the "hot stove"

vCash
    Still not a hug fan of keeping McLouth unless he is a 4th OF'er with less than 300 AB's barring injuries. Fingers crossed.

Still not sure how I feel about Hamilton. I'd rather get an ace. We already have a strong offense, we jsut need to get on base more. While Hamilton would help us in that department, I think our resources would be better spent trying to get a pitcher.

I think we got lightning in a bottle with our pitching at times last year, we need a stabilizer.

vCash
    Source: #Orioles indeed interested in Jonny Gomes, as reported earlier by @Buster_ESPN. Gomes .904 OPS vs. LHPs last three years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bdiddy74 View Post
    Source: #Orioles indeed interested in Jonny Gomes, as reported earlier by @Buster_ESPN. Gomes .904 OPS vs. LHPs last three years.
    A platoon with Reimold? I thought Reimold mashed lefties though. Sounds like McLouth may not be back? Or a Reimold trade?

vCash
    It would be nice to have Gomes hit the tough lefties in the AL East

The best

Sabathia
    Price
    Moore

The next best
    Lester
    Romero (if he turns his 2013 around, he was awful last year)
    Doubront

The mediocre lefties
    Happ

Plus, he would be a good bench bat when someone brings in a tough lefty to face Markakis/Davis. Oh, and don't forget Josh Hamilton

vCash
    TRADE THE FARM FOR BIG GAME JAMES SHIELDS

no seriously i love james shields....we should trade for him. but not the farm. I think he is gettable without Chado or Bundy.

vCash
    It would probably take Gausman/Schoop and maybe Delmonico? I don't know if they'd even try to trade shields to a rival. They should trade him to the NL, he would dominate.

For that package, I am also not too interested. I want to take flyer on low risk high reward guys, like Brandon McCarthy and Dan Haren. Especially Dan Haren. Why trade the farm for Shields whe we could possibly get that production in a 2 year or maybe even one year free agent contract?

vCash
    I agree with McCarthy, hes also pretty funny to follow on twitter. especially when he was making fun of himself for getting clocked with a ball.

vCash
    Jays trying to load up during Marlins fire sale.....

Blue Jays Close To Acquiring Josh Johnson

By Zach Links [November 13 at 5:15pm CST]

The Blue Jays are on the verge of acquiring Josh Johnson from the Marlins, a source tells Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports (via Twitter). Toronto will also land Mark Buehrle in the trade, sources tell Ken Rosenthal (Twitter link) and Morosi. The Marlins will receive Yunel Escobar and Adeiny Hechavarria in return, Rosenthal tweets.

One source tells Morosi that Jose Reyes may also be headed to Toronto in the trade (Twitter link). That part of the deal is not yet confirmed but there will be more pieces outside of Johnson, Buehrle, Escobar, and Hechavarria in the swap, Rosenthal tweets.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#Eq7qIBY5xeDeCpw4.99

vCash
    holy moly............waiting for confirmation but dear god it's totally a fire sale.....

Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, Buck & Bonifacio all going to #BlueJays

vCash
    Well our division just got that much harder.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Who did the Jays give up for everyone on the Marlins? We couldn't have pulled off a trade like this? We don't like Reyes? We don't like Johnson. We could have moved somebody to 2B for Pete's sake?

vCash
    Marlins will receive Yunel Escobar, Adeiny Hechavarria, Henderson Alvarez, Jeff Mathis, pitching prospect Justin Nicolino.

vCash
    love this quote: "Alright, I'm pissed off!!! Plain & Simple" — Giancarlo Stanton, Marlins outfielder

vCash
    Why not go after Stanton, obviously he's unhappy with the way things are being handled in Miami.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast