Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Well, so much for the plan being not to plan on spending at all

Orioles Targeting Josh Hamilton & Cody Ross
    By Mike Axisa [November 7 at 11:54am CST]
    The Orioles were a surprise contender this year and now it appears they might be a surprise big spender in the offseason. Baltimore is targeting Josh Hamilton and Cody Ross for their left field job, reports Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports.

Hamilton, 31, would add major left-handed thump to a lineup that already features Nick Markakis and Chris Davis. He also wouldn't have to play center field thanks to Adam Jones. Ross, 31, would complement Jones as a right-handed power hitter and would come considerably cheaper. He's reportedly seeking three years and $25MM while Hamilton figures to demand nine figures.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#Vs1ZRb9Ew21oTR5I.99

vCash
    That excites me, pending on how many years, id love Hamilton.

vCash
    I'd go crazy if they signed him. I'm also pumped that the Dbacks are shopping Justin Upton and Bauer. What do think it would take? Hardy, Reinold, Avery and Johnson? I like those guys but Strop can close and Manny can play SS so I think it would work in the long run especially if we can find a 3B (Maybe we can take the Chris Davis defensive hit). Or keep Manny at 3B and sign Drew or see if Schoop is ready to move to SS.

Imagine if we pull off this trade and sign Hamilton. We rotate Hamilton, and Nick M at DH to keep them healthy longer. Upton, Hamilton, Jones and Nick M would give us one of the best all around outfields all time.

Bauer has fallen a little but he was a top pitching prospect last year. This would be great.

PS- Sign Lindstom back.

vCash
    i am so on the fence about going after Hamilton. I live here in the dallas area and even when he was playing well there were always some kind of whispers going on. Great talent for sure. 4 years max anything longer than that would be insane.

I think we will find the money is too much, and look more into Cody Ross or even Swisher.

I think Upton(dbacks) is going to have quite the market and it will cost too much for us to get into that frey. Also, Schoop is not ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeydady View Post
    I'd go crazy if they signed him. I'm also pumped that the Dbacks are shopping Justin Upton and Bauer. What do think it would take? Hardy, Reinold, Avery and Johnson? I like those guys but Strop can close and Manny can play SS so I think it would work in the long run especially if we can find a 3B (Maybe we can take the Chris Davis defensive hit). Or keep Manny at 3B and sign Drew or see if Schoop is ready to move to SS.

Imagine if we pull off this trade and sign Hamilton. We rotate Hamilton, and Nick M at DH to keep them healthy longer. Upton, Hamilton, Jones and Nick M would give us one of the best all around outfields all time.

Bauer has fallen a little but he was a top pitching prospect last year. This would be great.

PS- Sign Lindstom back.
    Not going to happen. The best possible offseason we'd have when it pertains to getting an impact player would be one of Greinke (although that asking price I just heard is insane, same with Hamilton, although I think their just saying that. Doubt they really believe they get that contract), Hamilton, J-Up, or Hoz/Butler. We won't get 2 of any of those, and I'm willing to bet on that.

As for Bauer, i'd love it, but that's going to take a pretty penny and i'm not sure we can get him.

Quote Originally Posted by bdiddy74 View Post
    i am so on the fence about going after Hamilton. I live here in the dallas area and even when he was playing well there were always some kind of whispers going on. Great talent for sure. 4 years max anything longer than that would be insane.

I think we will find the money is too much, and look more into Cody Ross or even Swisher.

I think Upton(dbacks) is going to have quite the market and it will cost too much for us to get into that frey. Also, Schoop is not ready.
    I see what you mean, but i'm willing to up that to 5 years instead of 4. If you want players like that in FA, your going to have to go out of your comfort zone a little bit man. It's just how it is.

vCash
    If Bauer is on the market, go get him. I'm on the fence as well in terms of Hamilton.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    There is no way we would get Hamilton and Upton. One or the other, if either.

I think it would take Hardy, Schoop and Arrieta for Upton. I don't know if I'd do that however. Can Upton play LF well? Has he ever played there? No way they are moving Markakis.

vCash
    I think i could live with that. J-Up is a great talent, the 2 young guys were moving in that deal we don't know about yet, and Hardy is solid but I think we could live with moving him.

vCash
    fun part of all this is the excitement. how many offseason has it been since we just did the same old thing. love what Buck and the FO has done so far. Crossing my fingers what ever they have planned for this offseason it makes us better in the near future and the long term future.

vCash
    Is there any reason why you guys might be interested in trading Brian Matsuz?

vCash
    Where'd you read that we were interested in dealing Matusz? I certainly am not on that boat. I like Brian.

vCash
    The Orioles are also looking to improve their lineup and have inquired about players such as Royals designated hitter Billy Butler and Twins outfielder Josh Willingham.

One of those players is first baseman Mark Reynolds, who batted .221 with 23 homers and 69 RBIs. The Orioles have already declined his $11.5 million option. If they can't reach an agreement, Reynolds could be non-tendered. Even if that happens, the O's will continue to negotiate with him.

"We like the work he did at first base and the improvement," Duquette said. "We liked the player, but we didn't like the price."
    http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/new...s_bal&c_id=bal

I'd like either. ray:

vCash
    ^Unrelated, but how is Blackmon proving the haters wrong?
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Never said he was proving the haters wrong, said he is going to. Watch tape, the guy is open downfield numerous times, not his fault the QB isn't going to him.

Also, he's a rookie WR...not every WR comes into the league like AJ Green.

vCash
    Does anyone know when we could expect some moves to happen? Pretty giddy about the idea of adding a good piece or two this offseason.

The Orioles are still talking to Nate McLouth, reports Dan Connolly of The Baltimore Sun (on Twitter). The team is optimistic a deal will get done, but nothing is imminent.
    -MLBTR
    Last edited by WolvesJagsOs; 11-10-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast