Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    vCash
    This Upton thing won't die. Man the Ms gave up a lot to get him through. What is the most you guys would be willing to give up for him? I would want to lose Bundy or Manny, so its not happening. We can include the Cub Guy? What would you be willing to trade for him on the cubs roster?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeydady View Post
    This Upton thing won't die. Man the Ms gave up a lot to get him through. What is the most you guys would be willing to give up for him? I would want to lose Bundy or Manny, so its not happening. We can include the Cub Guy? What would you be willing to trade for him on the cubs roster?
    To be honest for the price being quoted for him I don't want him. Not to mention the Cubs are also one of his 4 teams on his no trade list. I think in the end he ends up in Atlanta. Though they will never give up the package the M's had on the table.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    Yep you're right. I think that'd be a cool story. Both brothers playing together. And the Brave definitely have prospects to give for sure. It won't be Simmons though.

vCash
    I'd do it for Gausman, Schoop, and any other prospect not named Manny or Bundy. The Ms maybe are going to be glad he rejected that trade. That was a lot to give up.

vCash
    I'd do it for Gausman, Schoop, and any other prospect not named Manny or Bundy. The Ms maybe are going to be glad he rejected that trade. That was a lot to give up.
    I'd do Gausman, Schoop, Tillman and Strop.

vCash
    Did anyone see this Jim Johnson for Porcello trade article? I've been super bothered by the fact that our front office has basically been on vacation this off season but now I'm starting to rally behind them. Here's why. Is it just me or is all of baseball trying to rape us in trades. Some how suggesting that one of the top closers in the game last yr who had 50 saves may not be worth a 5th/ 6th starter with an era in the 5.00s? This is just getting ridiculous. I would say we could and maybe should trade Johnson only because I think we have players on our roster that can take over and he's a sell high guy right now (and I don't think we reup him) , but if all we can get is this kind of player for him straight up, I'd rather see us keep those 50 saves and all of our "not worth a bench player" guys and go out and beat those teams again. Let's keep Hardy's Gold Glove and HRs. Let's keep Matusz, Arrieta and Hunter in the pen. I'm tired of hearing people tell me none of these guys are worth Smoak and a prospect. Or Porcello. Or Morse (we'll see what he can do in a different lineup and with HGH testing). Let's put it out there once and for all to every team, if are calling about Manny or Bundy and trying to say they are the only players of value we have... save your dime. And see you on the field. Whose with me?

vCash
    Did anyone see this Jim Johnson for Porcello trade article? I've been super bothered.... one of the top closers in the game last yr who had 50 saves may not be worth ..... keep those 50 saves... Whose with me?
    It's pretty easy to see why a fan of one team (Orioles) would get their panties in a bunch when their heroes are being disrespected by fans of another team. You have to ask yourself some fundamental questions before going off the deep end when evaluating the suggested trade proposal:

1. Can you rank the top three most valuable commodities in ML Baseball? Answer: Starting pitching followed by "up the middle" talent (C, SS, 2B & CF) with third being the bull pen.

The Tigers fan is biased (just like you are with your views of Orioles players) toward his own players and the undeniable fact that in MLB, Starting Pitching rules.

2. What is the most inconsistent part of a baseball team, historically, year in and year out? Simple answer, the bullpen.

The 50 save guy you speak of, Jim Johnson (JJ) had a helluva year, no one is disputing that. In his previous four season in MLB, however, he was able to convert 56% of his save opportunities. ONLY 56 %. That is a clear indication of the volatility of the spot on the team. Can JJ repeat 2012 in 2013?. Sure.. the Orioles are counting on it.. he just needs to opportunity... and therein lies the rub.. will JJ be given the same number of chances?.

3. If you have to choose: A .500 record, innings eating, back of the rotation starting pitcher or a one year wonder back of the pen closer type, who do you pick?..

Well, the answer to that one is more complex. If the team has seven back of the rotation starters, then you keep the back of the pen guy. If the team has a shortage of SP's, then you make that deal. The Orioles don't have a shortage of SP candidates. The Orioles have a shortage of MOR/FOR SP candidates.

FWIW, if the Tigers were to add Avisail Garcia to the Porcello Trade, that, imho, would be a trade worth considering..

The comment / reference to Michael Morse and "..with HGH testing.." is out of line and could be considered libelous....

vCash
    Buck and DD signed through '18. That's something to talk about!!
    Last edited by bdiddy74; 01-17-2013 at 12:18 AM.

vCash
    Very good news. Glad to have both around for a long time.

Sounds like Morse could be headed to SEA.

vCash
    I agree with what you are saying, I am definitely bias in regard to the value of my favorite players. I do disagree respectfully with two points. Closers are more valuable to some clubs than others. I agree that they will not replace SPs, MI position players, or a good offensive for teams that do not have those things. In other words the best closer ever cannot win a world series playing on a team without those other things, however, a team with all of these things can lose a chance to win because of an unreliable closer. The Tigers are that team.
    The definition of liable, as I understand it, is unwarranted public criticism, without reasonable suspicion of truth, where the victim can show financial damage. The standard therefore is reasonable suspicion of truth. This is not the same as the legal standard of innocent until proven beyond a reasonable doubt. This is a part of an article I remember reading online. - Morse was suspended for 10 games for a failed steroid test in 2003. As he explained it at the time, in an AP article at the time archived at ESPN.com under the title, "Morse suspended for steroids he says he took in '03", he made the decision to to take steroids because of lingering issues with a torn thigh muscle which, "had never healed," leaving the prospect, "...scared that my career was over." Morse was punished three times for the test, as he saw it, since the PED's turned up or remained in his system (according to the player) leading to another suspension in '04, and Morse was later made to serve a suspension at the major league level as well.-

This is proof of reasonable suspicion. So my comments were clearly neither liable or out of line. He admitted to using in the past, failed tests for PEDS in the pasts. It is reasonable to assert that there is a possibility that the one season where he had 31 HRs may have been aided by these facts. So I as a fan and any team that considers trading for him (the Ms for some reason) has every right to state personal facts about his history.

vCash
    Congrats to the best two things to happen to the Os since Cal

vCash
    Reasonable suspicion is not proof.. it wouldn't even stand the test of probable cause. In short.. your proof is a hunch.. an inkling... an unsupported opinion.. The application of reasonable suspicion requires that Michael Morse finds himself in the same situation and circumstance or will find himself in the same situation or circumstance whereby he will be engaging in the criminal activity you've mentioned.

This is clearly not the case.... What you have is BS, crapola, rhetoric and conjecture.. <shrugs>

vCash
    Lets get off our high horse here. Was Mikedaddy's comment about Morse the truth? No on knows. but its definitly not libel. For that you must 1. prove that the statement was false. (you cant) 2. the person must prove that the statement caused harm (really a post on prosportsdaily cause Morse harm, i doubt it). 3rd the person must prove that the statement was made without adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement. 4. the statement was made with the intent to do harm or with reckless disregard for the truth. Since Morse has been busted for steriods (see below) this isnt a crazy claim. Is it true, I dont know, but dont be calling out the guy with false legal claims, lets get this back on talk about the orioles. Personally I'm pretty bummed we weren't able to swing a trade for Morse, I feel like we really need one more bat.

That fall, Morse was suspended for 10 games for a failed steroid test in 2003. As he explained it at the time, in an AP article at the time archived at ESPN.com under the title, "Morse suspended for steroids he says he took in '03", he made the decision to to take steroids because of lingering issues with a torn thigh muscle which, "had never healed," leaving the prospect, "...scared that my career was over." Morse was punished three times for the test, as he saw it, since the PED's turned up or remained in his system (according to the player) leading to another suspension in '04, and Morse was later made to serve a suspension at the major league level as well.

vCash
    ...Personally I'm pretty bummed we weren't able to swing a trade for Morse, I feel like we really need one more bat....
    Michael Morse would have slotted in quite nicely at 1B and or take his hacks at DH. For the price paid by the A's, it might have been too much for the Orioles to sacrifice (just a guess, but Jarrod Parker = Kevin Gausman?).. IDK.. The Orioles may revisit an attempted acquisition of Michael Morse at the trading deadline or during the 2014 Hot Stove..

vCash
    I don't really want Morse lol

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast