Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ok, so doesn't look like we are going to make any major signing, so without a trade this is what i see our starting lineup being, let me know what you think.

Markakis
    Mclouth (DH or LT)
    Jones
    Davis
    Weiters
    Reimold (DH or LT)
    Machado
    Hardy
    Roberts

Starting Pitching
    Hammel
    Chen
    Gonzalez
    Tillman
    ? (Matusz, Hunter, Wada, Britton, Arrieta, S Johnson)

BP Pitching
    J Johnson (CL)
    O'Day
    Ayala
    McFarrland
    Patton
    Strop
    Then 3 to 4 of the ones that are not the 5th starter

While i am not thrilled that we don't have the typical middle of the order bat, if Reimold comes back and stays healthy (big if) and hits like he was hitting will help the team. Jones, Davis and Weiters must improve their offense to become legit 3 to 5 hitters. Machado, Mclouth, Markakis, and Hardy must have productive years and if Roberts can come back and be an average I would be happy. I see a lot of If's but I also see a lot of possibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OsfaninFlorida View Post
    ok, so doesn't look like we are going to make any major signing, so without a trade this is what i see our starting lineup being, let me know what you think.

Markakis
    Mclouth (DH or LT)
    Jones
    Davis
    Weiters
    Reimold (DH or LT)
    Machado
    Hardy
    Roberts

Starting Pitching
    Hammel
    Chen
    Gonzalez
    Tillman
    ? (Matusz, Hunter, Wada, Britton, Arrieta, S Johnson)

BP Pitching
    J Johnson (CL)
    O'Day
    Ayala
    McFarrland
    Patton
    Strop
    Then 3 to 4 of the ones that are not the 5th starter

While i am not thrilled that we don't have the typical middle of the order bat, if Reimold comes back and stays healthy (big if) and hits like he was hitting will help the team. Jones, Davis and Weiters must improve their offense to become legit 3 to 5 hitters. Machado, Mclouth, Markakis, and Hardy must have productive years and if Roberts can come back and be an average I would be happy. I see a lot of If's but I also see a lot of possibility.
    I think by the All-Star break the rotation is going to be:

Britton
    Chen
    Tillman
    Matusz
    Bundy

Hammel will go down with some injury and I dont think Gonzalez has MLB staying power.

And, I still think we will get a bat this winter and Reimold wont be in the lineup, not sure who it will be, but I expect it to be a 1B or DH.

Just my $.02
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    Morales goes from the Angels to the mariners in exchange for Vargas.

I see we signed Stinks son to a minor league deal. He wasn't too bad in Detroit when he was healthy. Maybe he can make the team out of camp.

vCash
    Do you guys see us making a play for someone with power, like Kubel? Maybe Willingham?

When I saw Morales was on the block , I think Hammel for him would have been fair. I know we will do some more minor things, but I would like to see us make one more move to improve the offense a bit. I'm happy with Chris Davis at 1B. Maybe we can package Reimold and a pitcher and get a DH.

vCash
    sounds like we are trying but don't have the pieces (or at least DD is not wanting to deal the pieces)

I think Reimold probably has zero trade value right now, a lot of promise but a lot of injuries, and to boot coming off almost a full missed season.

The pitchers we would be willing to trade all are viewed as risky in a trade. We would have to part ways with 2 to 3 of those pitchers potentially to get someone decent to good. (combo of 2 pitchers and a position player would get something done.)

DD doesn't want to lose any two of (matusz, britton, tillman, arrieta, etc.....)
    Tillman was the only one who showed quality in a starting role. The other's seemed to shine in the pen. Not sure dealing them what we would do with our pen. That was our strong point last year.

I think we make a move only if the price is right.
    Last edited by bdiddy74; 12-19-2012 at 11:20 PM.

vCash
    I agree bdiddy74, i dont see DD making a trade unless it is for the right price, Davis at first is not as bad as last year looked, remember who was throwing him the ball from 3rd. One of his strenghts when he came over from Texas was his defense, so i think he will be slightly above average at 1st, but i would love to see a DH/1st player become available and us make a move for him. We still have a few months left and still players to be had, anyway i have faith in DD and think we will still have a good team this year, but the AL East is a beast and going to be tough.

vCash
    Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
    Total speculation: Justin Smoak would be an interesting option for the Baltimore Orioles. Some folks there like his swing.

vCash
    i am not sure i would want Smoak. i saw him live here in texas and have seen him a ton on the tv since he's been with the mariners. He may figure it out one day, but I don't see him as an upgrade to Davis who is "slotted" as our first baseman at this point.

vCash
    Morosi says Orioles are interested in Rick Porcello. What would you guys give up for him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Morosi says Orioles are interested in Rick Porcello. What would you guys give up for him?
    Honestly...I really don't know. Doubt it'd be that much...hasn't been all that good.

vCash
    I'm interested in him for sure. He's young with tons of upside. I think people confuse him as a bust but what he is is young. Pretty good for the right price

vCash
    Rick Porcello, would be adding another young arm that hasn't found it yet, ton of upside like Matusz, Tillman, Britton, Arrietta. But i wouldnt give up the farm for him, if the price is right would be another arm to have in the log jam for starters 3 to 5 spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
    Total speculation: Justin Smoak would be an interesting option for the Baltimore Orioles. Some folks there like his swing.
    I wouldn't mind getting Smoak to DH. That way he can concentrate on his bat. I feel the Mariners would want a decent package for him however. It was not so long ago that he was the next Mark Teixeira. And the Mark Teixeira on Texas, not on the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Porcello would be a nice add IMO. He has very decent upside. He hasn't figured it out all the way yet because he was rushed to the Majors. I think he was 19 or 20 in his debut. He is still very young (24 maybe)and could have a long successful career. I just don't know what DET would want. Bullpen? We could offer a package built around Troy Patton perhaps.

I honestly don't know where DD plans to head from here. We might go bargain bin shopping on the free agent market in the next month, but after seeing Morales head to SEA, I don't see many power hitters available on the trade market from here on out except for Jason Kubel. I don't really know if we should trade for him though.

vCash
    Honestly, these are the only guys left in free agency I'm interested in...

Lance Berkman-DH, but do we want to fill that spot with a full timer?
    Kelly Johnson-2B/UTL

Joe Saunders-SP
    Shawn Marcum-SP
    Brett Myers-SP

Juan Oviedo (formerly Leo Nunez, Marlins former closer)-Bullpen
    Francisco Rodriguez-Bullpen/closer if we trade Jim Johnson, as much as I love JJ, we are going to lose him eventually, we do not have the luxury of spending big to keep him as a mid market team.

vCash
    What about taking a flier on Jair Jurrjens? I have been intrigued with him, even though he has no real fastball, strikeout rate is low and is injured. Would you guys sign him for a 4th -5th starter and hope for more?

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast