Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Looks like they resigned McLouth to a 1 year deal. I like this move, after what he did in the playoffs I think he deserved it.
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    Yessir Tone, you are correct.

Orioles To Sign Nate McLouth
    By Luke Adams [December 5 at 12:53pm CST]
    12:53pm: The deal is worth $2MM plus $500K in bonuses, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.

12:39pm: The Orioles have agreed to terms with Nate McLouth, according to Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com (via Twitter). It will be a one-year deal, tweets Ghiroli. Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun first reported that the two sides were closing in on an agreement.

Earlier today, we heard that while the Orioles were doing their due diligence on Nick Swisher, McLouth remained the team's top outfield priority. Baltimore had also inquired on Diamondbacks outfielder Jason Kubel, according to Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun. I'd imagine the agreement with McLouth will greatly reduce Baltimore's interest in Swisher and Kubel, but that's just my speculation.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#Y00wMfuluo4jm712.99

Don't know how I feel about it honestly. He probably deserves the contract, I just don't see him playing in his O's form again. The past 2.5 years before we got him were brutal, so I don't know if a few months of tearing the cover off the ball makes up for his shortcomings in the past.

Good player, I just hope he is our fourth OF'er. He is a great #4, but I don't want him to leave Reimold on the bench. Perhaps Reimold will be playing a lot of DH, we will move Davis to 1st and McClouth (who is an excellent defender) will play left. It would make our OF D pretty nasty, I just want Reimold to prove he can stay healthy, that's all.

vCash
    I like him batting at the top of the order, thats assuming he will be playing everyday. Move Nick to the 2 hole and plug in a guy like Morneau in the 5 hole and that is pretty nice. I just dont see Reimold staying healthy. I still think we will be leaving nashville with a big bad at first base.
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    I would imagine Nick would go back to batting lead off as he was batting well over .300 in that role and it's when the O's really took off.

vCash
    I really don't care where he bats. He adds defensive ability in left, and speed (which this team doesn't have)

good sign

vCash
    Agreed. I think we got a steal with that contract. Good signing.

Now go get Morneau/Butler/Hosmer/Smoak/etc!

Per the Sun:

The Orioles also made an offer to outfielder Nate Schierholtz but it was turned down this morning.

vCash
    1 yr. for 2 mill and potentially a little more based of his AB's is dirt cheap. He's a good #4 if needed or he can start for us if necessary. No one knows what Reimold will do, poor kid is always hurt. Great upside but always hurt. I think getting Nate for this cheap leaves it open to go find more bats, which honestly is looking more like Swisher than say Hamilton. Rangers want Hambone back, Jon Daniels want's Hambone back. Odds are he will be in Texas next year.

I think with as many as 5 teams involved with Swisher we will probably bail on that thought as well as the money will get too high. I think we need to fill the gaping hole we have at 1st right now (via trade) and go from there.

vCash
    Minor signing to add pitching depth

Orioles Sign Adam Russell
    By Luke Adams [December 5 at 3:11pm CST]
    The Orioles have signed Adam Russell to a minor league deal with a spring training invite, according to Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com (Twitter links). Russell announced the deal himself this afternoon on his Twitter account.

Russell, 29, has recorded a 3.95 career ERA in 86 2/3 big league innings with the White Sox, Padres, and Rays. He spent time in the Braves' system in 2012 before he was released.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#xICHu4pUZQJ5U8G0.99

vCash
    I don't want Morneau unless its a steal. Think he's on the down turn. That being said, DD has earn all of our trust. I hope we do something though. All this chasing lightening in a bottle on the cheap scares me. Speaking of that, glad to hear about McCloud, I like him and the price wasn't crazy.

So much for Hamilton. Doesn't matter if the O's win, doesn't matter if fans sell out the "Yards" ... Peter won't invest to put us over the top. Looks like another "snoozer" of an off-season. We aren't going to improve this team.

Let's get Reynolds back to play 1B and pray that Roberts doesn't go down for the season from sneezing again. Hate to say, he was on the PED list and hasn't played since testing was improved. Can't really count on him. Same with Reinold. So all we can do is hope Dan and Buck can turn the "Land of Misunderstood Toys" into the a winning team again.

vCash
    Duquette said orioles have signed a 18 yo lefty from the Czech Republic, Jan Novak

Per Conolly

vCash
    Os sign Conor Jackson to a minor league deal. He's a career .271/.351/.407 hitter in parts of seven major league seasons
    -Connoly

He's 30. Love this pickup, see if we can catch lightning in a bottle like McLouth.

vCash
    This is disgraceful!
    What happened to all the linked interest with all these prominent free agents? It looks like we're saving for a rainy day like the Royals or Marlins. If Angelos doesn't step up here after over a decade of tight-fisted misery, fans should lead a revolt. I'm serious. Pickets held, tickets not renewed, all-out orchestrated refusal to recognize the team. In nearly 30 years has this team had more going for it and he's going to sit on his *** and do nothing but collect a few dollars? What is his purpose? Does he really need a few bucks?
    Maybe the impending economy and re-elected administration promising to tax and attack the wealthy for 4 more years has something to do with this. I don't have any other answers. But fans should seriously take action. Otherwise, your message is that you're satisfied with this product. I think they deserve better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    This is disgraceful!
    What happened to all the linked interest with all these prominent free agents? It looks like we're saving for a rainy day like the Royals or Marlins. If Angelos doesn't step up here after over a decade of tight-fisted misery, fans should lead a revolt. I'm serious. Pickets held, tickets not renewed, all-out orchestrated refusal to recognize the team. In nearly 30 years has this team had more going for it and he's going to sit on his *** and do nothing but collect a few dollars? What is his purpose? Does he really need a few bucks?
    Maybe the impending economy and re-elected administration promising to tax and attack the wealthy for 4 more years has something to do with this. I don't have any other answers. But fans should seriously take action. Otherwise, your message is that you're satisfied with this product. I think they deserve better.
    lol, ok
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    lol, ok
    Ok, what? You're satisfied with Angelos' handling of the team?

Oh, almost forgot, lol.

vCash
    No, I don't like Angelos and think he's content just making a ton of money off MASN and hoarding the TV rights to the Nationals. But why the need to spend? Who says Hamilton won't be Albert Belle Pt 2? We clearly overachieved last season, but youth development and the savvy trade here and there is just as good as overpaying guys in FA. Ecspecially in this awful awful class of free agents.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast